ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Stones tour had a lot of "Bastard" to it? Return to archive
2nd May 2006 02:15 PM
steel driving hammer 72-73 tour?

My fave is still the 81-82 tour but that had no Bastard to it.

I think the next tour should be called The Shotgun Bastard Tour.

Let It Loose man.
2nd May 2006 02:22 PM
Factory Girl Hi Steelie.
2nd May 2006 03:18 PM
Saint Sway easily 78 had the most 'bastard"!

81 rocked hard. But with less attitude and some softer song selections.

75 would be my vote for #2 on the bastard list. Very fast and aggressive playing. Juiced up and sloppy. Plus the inflatable cock was pure bastard attitude.

of the recent tours (aka "The Vegas Years") the No Security had a surprising amount of "bastard" to it. The stripped down, flat-bed stage... no piro gimmicks... they did a good job of keeping the brass section at bay... and the song selection had a lot of bite to it - plenty of piss and vinegar in Micks delivery due to all his tabloid womanizing bullshit at the time. He spat venom on Respectable, Some Girls, Bitch, PIB etc

2nd May 2006 07:13 PM
Soldatti '78 easily.
2nd May 2006 09:06 PM
FPM C10 For me it was ABB because I had a grazy bastard staying at my house during it!

Good comments on No Security. I wish the sound system woulda been better, but it was a cool tour. "Some Girls"..."You Got The Silver"...

I still don't have a copy of the NS b&w intro film - has it surfaced anywhere?
2nd May 2006 09:44 PM
MrPleasant Lot of bastard(s)? The ones with Brian Jones.
2nd May 2006 10:03 PM
Riffhard The most bastard? Hmmm,I gotta go with '78 as well. From the intro,"From London England...The Rolling Fucking Stones!" (I mean that just screams BASTARD!!),to the raunchy sloppy as hell driving guitars. The Some Girls tour had it all. It was the high point for Ronnie too. I mean just put on sides 3&4 from Handsome Girls and admire the Bastard that was the 1978 Stones!

Riffy
2nd May 2006 10:16 PM
LadyJane Just curious....who saw a '78 show??

LJ.
2nd May 2006 10:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just curious....who saw a '78 show??

LJ.

Give me a call

I think I was there.
2nd May 2006 11:25 PM
mmdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
easily 78 had the most 'bastard"!

81 rocked hard. But with less attitude and some softer song selections.

75 would be my vote for #2 on the bastard list. Very fast and aggressive playing. Juiced up and sloppy. Plus the inflatable cock was pure bastard attitude.

of the recent tours (aka "The Vegas Years") the No Security had a surprising amount of "bastard" to it. The stripped down, flat-bed stage... no piro gimmicks... they did a good job of keeping the brass section at bay... and the song selection had a lot of bite to it - plenty of piss and vinegar in Micks delivery due to all his tabloid womanizing bullshit at the time. He spat venom on Respectable, Some Girls, Bitch, PIB etc

No doubt about No Security. Jagger was incredible on Some Girls.
3rd May 2006 12:20 AM
glencar The horns were quite prevalent on No Security but it's been like that for 25 years.
3rd May 2006 01:25 AM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just curious....who saw a '78 show??

LJ.

*ahem*
3rd May 2006 07:03 AM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

*ahem*

Well that's three of us!!

LJ
tele
Parmeda

Anybody else at a '78 show????????

LJ.
3rd May 2006 07:17 AM
FPM C10 I saw Philly, which was supposed to be the worst show of the tour...stayed up doing Bolivian marching powder all night the noght before, and then sat in the rain while the crowd threw beer cans at Peter Tosh, but I still loved our Boys.
3rd May 2006 09:28 AM
lotsajizz 1978 had the most 'bastard'

my first wasn't 'till Hartford '81

a tad less punky then....Mick dropped f-bombs like a freakin' Curtis LeMay on the '78 tour

3rd May 2006 09:46 AM
Nellcote LJ, I was in Buffalo, Rich Stadium for '78.
Road Trip!
Didn't Atlanta Rhythm Section open?
Mick had those red leather pants.
We drove to Toronto the day before the show, visited
El Mocambo, had a drink.
Of course, all was WICKED PISSAH!!!
3rd May 2006 12:12 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ, I was in Buffalo, Rich Stadium for '78.
Road Trip!
Didn't Atlanta Rhythm Section open?
Mick had those red leather pants.
We drove to Toronto the day before the show, visited
El Mocambo, had a drink.
Of course, all was WICKED PISSAH!!!

YES!!!

ARS and Journey!!!!!!!

July 4, 1978.

Can't believe you were there too!!!

Impressive list of RO regulars.....of course we were all in baby carriages at the time!

LJ.
3rd May 2006 01:51 PM
Nellcote Yes, and my carriage had a keg of Miller High Life, the Champagne of Bottled Beers, which fueled my smoking apparatus, via intricate "ductwork".
Those were the days....
3rd May 2006 05:44 PM
sammy davis jr. 1978 as well....Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Very Bastardy. very high.
3rd May 2006 07:23 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
If 78 was the Bastard, was Steel Wheels the Poofter?

I think it's gonna be hard to top the '75-'76 tour for the most "poofter". I mean,hello,....COCK DANCE!!!! Not to metion Jagger mounting the inflatable cock and blowing confetti at everyone in crowd. Yeah,1975-76 was the epitome of poofterest tour. And don't even get me started on the obscene amounts of eyeliner on that tour,or the Carmen Miranda stage costumes from Mick!

Faggy little leather boy,indeed!

Riffy
4th May 2006 01:11 AM
tookthatname shows I saw on 78 tour

Philly (camped out in the parking lot for a week before0
Lexington
Cleveland
Buffalo
Chicago
St Paul
New Orleans
Boulder
San Francisco
4th May 2006 03:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I think it's gonna be hard to top the '75-'76 tour for the most "poofter". I mean,hello,....COCK DANCE!!!! Not to metion Jagger mounting the inflatable cock and blowing confetti at everyone in crowd. Yeah,1975-76 was the epitome of poofterest tour. And don't even get me started on the obscene amounts of eyeliner on that tour,or the Carmen Miranda stage costumes from Mick!

Faggy little leather boy,indeed!

Riffy

they were ugly but still alive!
4th May 2006 03:15 AM
glencar I'm old enough to have been at the '78 tour but Passaic seemed so far away back then.
4th May 2006 06:00 PM
Shawn20
quote:
tookthatname wrote:
shows I saw on 78 tour

Philly (camped out in the parking lot for a week before0
Lexington
Cleveland
Buffalo
Chicago
St Paul
New Orleans
Boulder
San Francisco

Another New Orleans veteran from the 78 tour. What a show. Van Halen, The Doobie Brothers....and a 12 year old ballet dancer.
4th May 2006 06:19 PM
FPM C10 Another reason the '78 Tour is the Bastard tour is that I saw them in '75, and then told ALL my friends they played almost 3 hours, and that Midnight Rambler would change their lives. I made everyone buy tickets. I xeroxed maps of how to get to JFK stadium. And when their 70 minute set was over, everyone turned to me and said "You BASTARD!"
10th May 2006 07:44 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks for the laughs.

10th May 2006 08:01 PM
glencar More laughs elsewhere, big guy!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)