ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Rahav Cosi Alfasi
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Watch the whole conference on-line Return to archive
05-10-02 10:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fri 10 May 2002 16:46
ROLLING STONES VIDEO SPECIAL

Now we've got video coverage of the New York airship flight, press conference plus individual interviews with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

Click HERE to watch it!

At the start of the footage you see the Stones arriving at the Van Cortlandt Park (in separate cars of course) to greet fans before boarding the branded yellow airship.

There's a chance to see in-cockpit film of the band as they fly around the city plus exclusive pictures shot by Mick Jagger himself on his Mickcam.

With their feet firmly on the ground, it's time to face the world's media and answer questions about the nature of the tour that will involve three different size shows.

In addition to this, Mick proudly confirmed that a greatest hits package will be released at the start of autumn and that it would, as rumoured, include brand new material.

"We just last night finished all the negotiations with all the different parties to put out a best of Rolling Stones CD which is 2 CDs going from 1963 to the present day," said Jagger. "And they'll be all the hits and all the well-known songs and also some new songs. That'll be coming out in the early fall."

Quizzed on the songs they'd be playing, Keith simply said: "The set list is a bit down the road yet. Depends if I can remember them. We're open to suggestions."

In the final part of the film there's an even more intimate chance to hear the thoughts of the band with post press conference interviews.

Mick discussed the hairy trip in balloon, the size of venues and they potential problems they faced touring this way.

Keith was in typically philosophical if surreal mood.

"I guess we got a gig then," said the guitarist. "It hits you suddenly. It's like being drafted. I haven't been together with all four of these guys since the last tour which is almost three years."

"I've always loved a challenge and this is no exception," added Ronnie. "We're gonna have to do a lot of homework. We haven't played for years."
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-11-02 09:31 AM
Lacride
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Fri 10 May 2002 16:46
ROLLING STONES VIDEO SPECIAL

Now we've got video coverage of the New York airship flight, press conference plus individual interviews with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

Click HERE to watch it!

At the start of the footage you see the Stones arriving at the Van Cortlandt Park (in separate cars of course) to greet fans before boarding the branded yellow airship.

There's a chance to see in-cockpit film of the band as they fly around the city plus exclusive pictures shot by Mick Jagger himself on his Mickcam.

With their feet firmly on the ground, it's time to face the world's media and answer questions about the nature of the tour that will involve three different size shows.

In addition to this, Mick proudly confirmed that a greatest hits package will be released at the start of autumn and that it would, as rumoured, include brand new material.

"We just last night finished all the negotiations with all the different parties to put out a best of Rolling Stones CD which is 2 CDs going from 1963 to the present day," said Jagger. "And they'll be all the hits and all the well-known songs and also some new songs. That'll be coming out in the early fall."

Quizzed on the songs they'd be playing, Keith simply said: "The set list is a bit down the road yet. Depends if I can remember them. We're open to suggestions."

In the final part of the film there's an even more intimate chance to hear the thoughts of the band with post press conference interviews.

Mick discussed the hairy trip in balloon, the size of venues and they potential problems they faced touring this way.

Keith was in typically philosophical if surreal mood.

"I guess we got a gig then," said the guitarist. "It hits you suddenly. It's like being drafted. I haven't been together with all four of these guys since the last tour which is almost three years."

"I've always loved a challenge and this is no exception," added Ronnie. "We're gonna have to do a lot of homework. We haven't played for years."
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

lots of thanks, woodoo!
Chris
05-11-02 10:37 AM
Scot Rocks Thanks for the link, loved Keefs soundbite at the end
05-11-02 10:41 AM
Scot Rocks Oh and it was also great to hear Charlie speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.