ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Rahav Cosi Alfasi
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pissed off and Sam Goody and Boston Orpheum Return to archive
05-09-02 06:04 PM
Bob Tamp I must say I am bullshit, and if I'm wrong, please correct me. First off, Goody gets you to sign up for presales for $60.00. No problem. Then the shitty web sight can't hold the numbers coming in, so you end up buying tickets at the official Stones site for 350.00 a pop for golden circle( still unclear what this means-good seats?)

Now here is the pisser for me. The Goody site said pre-sale for CMGI was on , but that presale tickets for the Orpheum will not start until 9am on Friday, 5-10-02. Then later in the day, their sight says tickets for Orpheum are gone.
How can this be? False advertising, and they got my $60.00 too? I could have gotten stadium golden seats without spending $60.00. My hope was to score for the smaller Orpheum theater and that's why I foolishly parted with the extra $60.00. Now I'm hearing rumors that some scalpers are asking as much as $5000.00 per ticket for the club/theater gigs. As far as I'm concerned, Goody owes me $60.00, had false advertising on the presale, and the fucking Better Business Bureau is going to be contacted.

If I'm wrong, please re-assure me differently. My gut feeling now is that the Orpheum is already sold out and tickets are going to the high society of Boston. The general public never had a chance.
05-09-02 09:17 PM
Nellcote I share your anger. I too thought the same. I called Greedy today, posed that very question. When you get to speake to someone, after 45 minutes, it's a sub contracted call center, in some cellar in Omaha that has not seen light for years. They offer up apologies, direct you to the help area of the site, to again describe your plight, to get back the $60, which they say will happen. Forget them. It's the old fashion way for these tix, I'm afraid. I too scored the "golden circle" for CMGI, which I did not mind, if they are good. Boston Globe claims their are 2000
of these seats, with some type of party included before or after. Follow the link at boston.com to the Globe, arts section. Do it today, as the article goes away by tomorrow. Anyway, we'll see what happens. Have you heard ZLX, here in Beantown? They are all over a Fleet Center show, however no action yet.

Nellcote

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.