ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Rahav Cosi Alfasi
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dates will be added... Return to archive
05-09-02 01:25 PM
Martha Hi everyone,

In yesterday's USA TODAY newspaper the article announcing the Stones tour includes this sentence.

"Another 12 to 15 U.S. dates will be unveiled later."

And..

"Next spring, the tour moves oversees, possibly including their first booked concerts in China."

Perhaps we will all get to see this overpriced tour...
05-09-02 02:08 PM
jb Why is everyone complaining about price? Would you rather they not tour? This is thr Rolling Stones-the greatest show on earth! It will cost me thousands of dollars for great seats and it's the best money I'll ever spend. If you complain about ticket prices, you really are not a true fan and should not post on Stones fan sites!
05-09-02 02:43 PM
riverrat you got that right brother!
05-09-02 03:13 PM
FotiniD Hey guys, I don't think it goes just like that.

Everybody who's a true Stones fan is more than just happy and excited with them deciding to get back on the road. It's not a question of WILLING to spend the money - it's a question whether you can AFFORD to. People have to pay their bills, pay their rent, lots have families, they have to take care of them - it's not that they don't want to spend the money on Stones tickets, it's that maybe they don't have the money to start with.

I have to admit that the prices charged are in many cases extraordinary. I know you can find cheaper tickets too, but given the fact that the Stones are not exactly in need of money, maybe prices should have been lower this time. After all, it is a tour that's going to take them to many cities and despite the expenses, I think the income will be vast. Not to mention the upcoming greatest hits cd, which will certainly sell lots of copies.

Personally, if I can afford it, I'll buy it. And I'll try my very best, I'll work all day long if I have to, to be able to afford it. I think this goes for most fans. But it's not unfair to say that the prices are indeed crazy... And there are many priorities in life, and despite the fact that one of my top priorities is indeed the Stones, I don't think I'd be able, much as I'd want it, to afford them if I had a family of my own. And then of course I'd cry my heart out so that's why I think it's unfair to raise the prices so much with no particular reason. It's a gig. It's the greatest band's gig, but it's still a gig.

Sorry for my extended rambling
05-09-02 11:53 PM
Martha Thanks for the words of supports FD. I love the Stones or I wouldn't bother with this at all. But I do think this pre-sale this is a rip-off whether one can pay for it or not..it's outrageous and keeps lots of people who love the Stones from seeing them live.

How much one can or is willing to pay does not equate how much one loves the Stones.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.