ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If the Stones were pro athletes... Return to archive
7th May 2007 07:34 PM
Throwaway I'd say Keith is John Stockton---makes others around him better, very tasteful
Mick Taylor---Ken Griffey Jr...so awesome at such a young age, then leaves the Stones/Seattle, and hardly puts out any material, showing only flashes of former brilliance
Charlie Watts---Jerry Rice. Despite being old for his craft, still brings it and kicks ass.
Ron Wood---Shawn Kemp. Very underrated, skilled player in his younger days, but drugs really screwed him up..still rehabbing.
Mick Jagger---Magic Johnson..flashy, great at leading the team, cheerful off the court/stage (or Wilt Chamberlain..you make the connection there)
Bill Wyman---Tim Duncan. quietly goes about his business, doesnt seem to have much of a personality on the outside.. but makes the team go
Brian Jones---cant think of a good one really but maybe Pete Rose. Can play anything and play it well. A bit of the "Fuck you" attitude, a bit of a shady past
7th May 2007 07:43 PM
Saint Sway Blondie Chapin = Carl Pavano. Gets paid a nice salary, but doesnt contribute much.

Matt Clifford = Brian Boitano. Nuff said.
7th May 2007 07:58 PM
Throwaway Not familiar with the Boitano guy..does he wear gay shiny pants?

Lisa = Lokelani McMichael, triathalon..fun to look at her body, even if you dont care for what she does

7th May 2007 08:26 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Allen Klein=George Steinbrenner
7th May 2007 08:55 PM
BONOISLOVE Fans would be hooligans?

Nah... just kidding with ya. However, hooligans are people too. With feelings. And rotten teeth.
[Edited by BONOISLOVE]
7th May 2007 09:09 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I'd say Keith is John Stockton---makes others around him better, very tasteful
Mick Taylor---Ken Griffey Jr...so awesome at such a young age, then leaves the Stones/Seattle, and hardly puts out any material, showing only flashes of former brilliance
Charlie Watts---Jerry Rice. Despite being old for his craft, still brings it and kicks ass.
Ron Wood---Shawn Kemp. Very underrated, skilled player in his younger days, but drugs really screwed him up..still rehabbing.
Mick Jagger---Magic Johnson..flashy, great at leading the team, cheerful off the court/stage (or Wilt Chamberlain..you make the connection there)
Bill Wyman---Tim Duncan. quietly goes about his business, doesnt seem to have much of a personality on the outside.. but makes the team go
Brian Jones---cant think of a good one really but maybe Pete Rose. Can play anything and play it well. A bit of the "Fuck you" attitude, a bit of a shady past

I'm impressed (seriously!) with how much thought you seem to have put into this.
7th May 2007 09:34 PM
Saint Sway Chris Jagger = Billy Ripkin
7th May 2007 09:37 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Blondie Chapin = Carl Pavano. Gets paid a nice salary, but doesnt contribute much.

that's funny...
i'm thinking more scott hamilton for clifford though.
7th May 2007 09:42 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Blondie Chapin = Carl Pavano. Gets paid a nice salary, but doesnt contribute much.

Don't be sure about the nice salary. From what I understand, the Stones pay the back-up musicians/singers crap.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
7th May 2007 10:15 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle

David Hyde Pierce rocks on washboard!
7th May 2007 10:25 PM
pdog I like baseball
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

some tennis...

cheerleaders

& Myspace whores!
7th May 2007 10:59 PM
Throwaway Thank you Mel. Sitting in traffic around 5:30 I thought about it when "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" (Stones version) came on the radio. I may need to get a life.

Stu = Mark Belanger (8 time gold glover)..with the team for its best years and then some, when he died the team was going to shit and continued sucking for a few years (died in '98, see Albert Belle debacle)
7th May 2007 11:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Thank you Mel. Sitting in traffic around 5:30 I thought about it when "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" (Stones version) came on the radio. I may need to get a life.

Stu = Mark Belanger (8 time gold glover)..with the team for its best years and then some, when he died the team was going to shit and continued sucking for a few years (died in '98, see Albert Belle debacle)

I've never forgiven the Orioles for beating the Phillies in '83. And, to flesh out the Brian Jones/Pete Rose parallel, should Jones, then, be kept out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because of domestic abuse?
[Edited by Mel Belli]
7th May 2007 11:12 PM
duck
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Chris Jagger = Billy Ripkin

is that dan baird -love songs for the hearing impaired- great cd.
7th May 2007 11:18 PM
Throwaway Though domestic abuse is not cool, the Rock and Roll HOF has already allowed many a less-than-saints in. As an O's AND Phillies fan, how bout John Kruk as Darrel Jones? Decent players but not quiteeeee perfect (first basemen should hit for a bit more power, Darrel should let the music breathe more..oh yeah they both are pretty big now). LOL at the Billy Ripken thing, I remember seeing him speak when I was in high school and some kid asked for his autograph of this card:

7th May 2007 11:30 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Though domestic abuse is not cool, the Rock and Roll HOF has already allowed many a less-than-saints in. As an O's AND Phillies fan, how bout John Kruk as Darrel Jones? Decent players but not quiteeeee perfect (first basemen should hit for a bit more power, Darrel should let the music breathe more..oh yeah they both are pretty big now).

I like it. Kruk once joked, "I'm not an athlete; I'm a baseball player." Similarly, Darryl Jones said "I'm not a music-store bass-player..." Although, in a non-rock setting, I'm sure Jones is a very elegant player -- and elegant John Kruk was not. He was a deceptively fast base-runner, though. I bet he could still run circles aroud Jones.
7th May 2007 11:36 PM
Bingo
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I laughed so loud, I think I may have woke up my wife!

Keith Richards = Steve Howe

Mick Taylor = Mark Fidrych(sp)

Mick Jagger = Dennis Rodman

Charlie Watts = Joe Montana

Bill Wyman = Thurman Munson

Brian Jones = Sandy Kofax

Ron Wood = A-Rod

Rolling Stones fans = Yankee fans....because of the ticket prices.

Field Level 1-68 (Rows A-D) $400 $300 $160 $150
Field Championship
Field Level 1-68 (Rows E-G) and 69-80 (Rows A-D) $380 $280 $145 $135
Field Championship
Field Level 1-68 (Rows H-K) and 69-80 (Rows E-G) $360 $260 $135 $125
Field Championship
Field Level 69 - 80 (Rows H-K) $340 $240 $125 $115
Loge Championship (Box 420-438) $350 $250 $130 $120
[Edited by Bingo]
[Edited by Bingo]
7th May 2007 11:38 PM
Mel Belli Ron Wood = Daryl Strawberry
7th May 2007 11:43 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Ron Wood = Daryl Strawberry

and i'll leave this one up for grabs....

Michael Cohl = ??
8th May 2007 12:03 AM
Bingo Micheal Cohl = Jerry Jones (cowboy owner)
8th May 2007 10:00 AM
Saint Sway Jagger is Roger Clemens. Ageless. Still at the top of his game. In amazing shape. Highest paid. Family man. Spoiled treatment.
8th May 2007 10:01 AM
Saint Sway Daryl Jones is the guy who took over for Lou Gehrig.
8th May 2007 10:09 AM
gimmekeef Wouldnt they really be The Harlem Globetrotters?.......
8th May 2007 11:07 AM
nanatod Chuck Leavell = Ernie "Let's play two" Banks

8th May 2007 11:17 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Bingo wrote:
Micheal Cohl = Jerry Jones (cowboy owner)

I was thinking more like Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks)
8th May 2007 11:20 AM
Saint Sway Michael Cohl = Marvin Miller. Think about it.
8th May 2007 12:34 PM
Mel Belli Mick = Michael Jordan (and acting is his baseball)
8th May 2007 12:54 PM
mmdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Don't be sure about the nice salary. From what I understand, the Stones pay the back-up musicians/singers crap.
[Edited by Mel Belli]

Mel,

I don't have any info, so you might be right. However, most of these backups have been around since Steel Wheels, they must be making it worthwhile.
8th May 2007 12:58 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Mel,

I don't have any info, so you might be right. However, most of these backups have been around since Steel Wheels, they must be making it worthwhile.

I don't have exact figures, and I'm not saying they're getting minimum wage. But I think one of the obvious reasons those guys all stick around is because of the perks: Who wouldn't want to fly around the world in a private jet, stay in five-star hotels and play onstage with the greatest rock and roll band in the world? The Stones know this - which is how they (tacitly) justify the low salaries. Mick and Keith consider it a privilege to let you play with them. I'm not sure they're wrong.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)