ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ditch The B - Stage? Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 10:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man With the big bridge coming down and the fact that they'd never done it before, the B-Stage was a wonderful spectacul during the Bridges To Babylon tour, but I'm think that maybe it's time they let this old idea go.

The main problem I have with it, is that the sound is so poor. I was very close to the B-Stage at the Wembley Show I saw in 03, but yet still, I couldn't hear it properly.

May 11th, 2005 11:05 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch You're so right about the sound quality for the B stage. I'm guessing it's just a marketing ploy to justify selling such high priced tickets in the back of a venue. Let's face it, the stadiums and most of the large venues have lousy acoustics to begin with. Too bad sound quality has been sacrificed to appease the masses (us).
May 11th, 2005 11:12 AM
Zeeta Agreed - I was front row of Manchester by the B-satge and I seriously couldn't hear a thing!

Was good to so close to the Stones tho.

Just play smaller venues I say - wonder whne they'll release dates for theatres etc
May 11th, 2005 11:21 AM
J.J.Flash B-stages are ok for me.....in fact I can't live without them. In 98 at São Paulo I was almost glued to the B-Stage and I loved it, the sound was perfectly LOUD.

I just hope for Stadiums here, they don't sell SEATS, just single-priced tickets. If the lazy bastard wants to see a Rock'n'Roll show in a seat..... go for the stalls, that's it.
May 11th, 2005 11:47 AM
mac_daddy hopefully they get the sound issues straight this time 'round...

quote:

I just hope for Stadiums here, they don't sell SEATS, just single-priced tickets. If the lazy bastard wants to see a Rock'n'Roll show in a seat..... go for the stalls, that's it.

that will never happen, amigo - at least not in the US
May 11th, 2005 11:51 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
hopefully they get the sound issues straight this time 'round...

that will never happen, amigo - at least not in the US

Strange really. I was discussing this thing with Blue coupla days ago. I just can't understand what's that with US and seats. Do you think the same as me Daddy?

The previous tours (except the last which they skipped us) had no seats for the field.
May 11th, 2005 04:28 PM
gimmekeef Some of the seating charts today were changed eliminating the B stage..maybe its gone!
May 11th, 2005 04:59 PM
FPM C10 I always loved the B-stage, because if you were anywhere on the floor and you knew when they were coming out to it you could easily get in position and watch 4 songs from closer-than-front-row proximity. I did that 5 or 6 times from '97-'99.

The B-stage sound was usually better in arenas because they had speakers hanging over it, while in stadia there was nothing to hang them from!

Who brought the sky hooks, Ronnie?
May 11th, 2005 05:03 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Some of the seating charts today were changed eliminating the B stage..maybe its gone!

This is most disturbing ......

Flacky !

[ Edited by Flacky ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 11th, 2005 05:06 PM
charlotte
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Some of the seating charts today were changed eliminating the B stage..maybe its gone!

Also in Charlotte...
May 11th, 2005 05:09 PM
mac_daddy anaheim had it (the b-stage on the map), fenway did not...
May 11th, 2005 05:11 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
anaheim had it (the b-stage on the map), fenway did not...

it did as of this afternoon at Ticketbastard
May 11th, 2005 05:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

it did as of this afternoon at Ticketbastard

fenway..? really..? where..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 11th, 2005 05:43 PM
charlotte I just checked all of the seating charts that I can bring up and looks like the B-stage is gone...
May 11th, 2005 05:44 PM
glencar Ditch the main stage & do the whole fecking show on the B-stage, I say!
May 11th, 2005 06:04 PM
ResidentMule yeah, let em go
May 11th, 2005 06:13 PM
gimmekeef No B Stage means more $350 tickets...lots more....geez when is it enough!
May 11th, 2005 06:21 PM
exile I liked the B stage

May 11th, 2005 06:43 PM
KeepRigid I liked it. Great chance to see them up close. But if they have ditched it, I'm guessing that the '400 seats on the stage' idea has something to do with it.
May 11th, 2005 06:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
I just checked all of the seating charts that I can bring up and looks like the B-stage is gone...

looks like a b-stage (in anaheim) to me

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 11th, 2005 07:39 PM
charlotte just wait, it's going to be a very different looking stage altogether by the time you get there!!!
May 11th, 2005 07:42 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
just wait, it's going to be a very different looking stage altogether by the time you get there!!!

i dont doubt it - it should be different.

i just posted the map, as that was the one i had seen, and it is what tm is showing now...

b-stage, no b-stage -> advantages and drawbacks to both. either way, i am just stoked to SEE the stones!!!!
May 11th, 2005 07:44 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

fenway..? really..? where..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]

That map is for Jimmy Buffett!
May 11th, 2005 07:56 PM
mac_daddy it was listed as "rolling stones" today (yesterday the only one showing was indeed the same map, listed as "jimmy buffett")

May 11th, 2005 10:27 PM
Soldatti I can live without B-stage.
May 11th, 2005 11:04 PM
corgi37 Get rid of it. It was an idea pinched from U2 anyway.

How about having ramps going into the crowd like in the old day? The main stages are so boring now. Too square.
May 11th, 2005 11:19 PM
Daethgod yer how about a B, C, D and E stage

different band members can trot out to each one

now that would rock

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour