ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are Hotfan Tickets? Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 10:15 AM
gimmekeef I noticed when using my presale code there we tickest at around $525 called Hotfan tickest or something like that.Does anyone know what these are and why they are more expensive?....Thanks....
May 11th, 2005 10:34 AM
billy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I noticed when using my presale code there we tickest at around $525 called Hotfan tickest or something like that.Does anyone know what these are and why they are more expensive?....Thanks....

These are tickets for people who are crazy, so crazy that they pay excessive prices for something that isn't worth it.
See also: www.rollingstones.com
May 11th, 2005 10:50 AM
gimmekeef I may be crazy but I'd still like an answer to my question should anyone be inclined......Billy take a deep breath...it'll be alright!!!!
May 11th, 2005 10:57 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch I bought 2 "hotseats" today for Chicago. I noticed the price had dropped from $450 to $305 a ticket this morning (still not cheap) so decided to see what I was offered- 10th row, second section from center but one of the first sections next to the stage. I blew my password on this so hopefully am not sorry later if they add any club dates here.
May 11th, 2005 10:58 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch ^To answer your question. There's a TM explanation at the top of the opening page that says "hot seats" are guaranteed to be within the first 5-15 rows from the stage.
May 11th, 2005 11:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
I bought 2 "hotseats" today for Chicago. I noticed the price had dropped from $450 to $305 a ticket this morning (still not cheap) so decided to see what I was offered- 10th row, second section from center but one of the first sections next to the stage. I blew my password on this so hopefully am not sorry later if they add any club dates here.

how come the prices vary? I had a look at the prices for Giants and (I think) Boston and in each case there was one price (although one show was more expensive than the other)

as lucy says, they have a guarantee that they'll be in rows 5-15.

However, as others have posted, its been possible to get tickets in those rows for around $160.

perhaps its better to look at what there is at $160 first before deciding to go for these more expensive guaranteed seats in the same block.

Can someone advise if the 400 or so "onstage" stadium seats are going to be on public sale or are they ALL subject to a contest for fan club members? Plus, do you have to already have tickets for the show in question to be eligible? Anyone know?
May 11th, 2005 11:44 AM
Moonisup maybe those prizes on those onstage tix
May 11th, 2005 01:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
maybe those prizes on those onstage tix

as far as my sources go, the on stage tickets will not be available to buy, they will be given out in some manner. The hot tickets give you a lanyard to wear around your neck and some commerative merchandise (my guess is a hat and a poster)

My educated recomendation is to avoid the Hot Ticket and purchase the lower priced seats. I will be fifth row center at Fenway using this strategy, i recommend everyone else do the same!

Cheers!

VDP
May 11th, 2005 02:17 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Pug...I cant believe they ask $100 club fee...then up the best seats another $200 to $550 and then expect me to dive right in.....
May 11th, 2005 03:04 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

My educated recomendation is to avoid the Hot Ticket and purchase the lower priced seats. I will be fifth row center at Fenway using this strategy, i recommend everyone else do the same!

Cheers!

VDP

I just checked Chicago a few minutes ago and you can get 10th row field seats in section A6 for $99. A6 is the first row of sections in front of the stage but on the far right. Sure beats paying hundreds of dollars.
May 11th, 2005 04:10 PM
gimmekeef Grab as many of those as quickly as you can!
May 11th, 2005 04:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

I just checked Chicago a few minutes ago and you can get 10th row field seats in section A6 for $99. A6 is the first row of sections in front of the stage but on the far right. Sure beats paying hundreds of dollars.

just as i have recommended! I will continue to release tips and info as I am able to. I am really counting on someone to keep good ol' Voodoopug in mind when club tickets surface!

Lets just enjoy the ride folks! it is better when we arent complaining. the stones have been doing this longer and better than anyone else, they are free to charge what they want, WE ultimately have the option of setting the market lower by refusing to buy tickets. I have been preparing for this tour for many months so I will walk past those moaning, purchase my fan club memberships and clammor at my fine seating!
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour