ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album 85% done says Mick... Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 04:49 PM
gotdablouse ...I guess that's why they don't have a title yet, OnStage sounds goofy, but that's what happened in 2002 too, the Licks Tour name came later;

"Q: The preparation that went into this album. How much insiration did you get from each other?

MJ: We wanted to make a very direct album in a lot of ways – a simple album with a lot of different ideas as far as lyrics are concerned. We tried to make it very wide-ranging, very hard-hitting, but it has its sensitive moments.

KR: it kicks some ass!

Q: Are you done with the album?

MJ; We’re 85% done. Thank you very much, we appreciate it, have a good day. Goodbye."

From http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm403.showMessage?topicID=89.topic
May 10th, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar What'll IanBillen make of this?
May 10th, 2005 04:53 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
glencar wrote:
What'll IanBillen make of this?

I'm guessing that's why the Stones held out on us. They probably want to wait and see as well.
May 10th, 2005 08:07 PM
Soldatti Finnally Ian will sleep tonight.
May 10th, 2005 11:31 PM
texile ian is overwhelmed i imagine.........
May 11th, 2005 01:33 AM
IanBillen
I'm OK. Mick used the term "hard hitting" twice on two seperate occasions on two seperate questions when asked about the album. I hope this is true.

He also went onto say it was very "vibrant" and more "direct".

Half of the press conference questions were so fuckin stupid.

Who the hell dreams these things up? Of all the questions they could ask they would ask some of the most irrelevant stupid shit.

Like: are you rehearsing in Canada for tax purposes?
or: What songs are you going to play on this tour?

one idiotic question vs. one boring same old question.

Anyway,
The Stones didn't understand the one reporter when he asked what the name of the album was.

Over-all I am left pretty unsatisfied with The questions that were asked and how Mick responded. However, I am truly happy with his answers on The next Stones albums vibe.

Ian

May 11th, 2005 02:57 AM
Child of the Moon This new song - Oh No Not You Again - fuckin rocks. I'm digging it right now. This is exciting stuff - new Stones material!
May 11th, 2005 05:12 PM
Monkey Woman According to the French fans who live near Fourchette (Mick's house in France of course), the Stones are due back there for a new session in weeks to come.
May 11th, 2005 05:54 PM
glencar Yes, the new song is hard-hitting & that excites me a bit.
May 11th, 2005 06:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, the new song is hard-hitting & that excites me a bit.

I hear it as more of a sensitive moment.
May 11th, 2005 10:22 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
According to the French fans who live near Fourchette (Mick's house in France of course), the Stones are due back there for a new session in weeks to come.

The final 15%?
May 11th, 2005 10:25 PM
Madafaka Maybe yes. I must say probably!
May 11th, 2005 10:52 PM
Soldatti The album will be ready in a month.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour