ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Conference review, anyone ? Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 02:42 PM
wisertime Hi,

I haven't been able to watch the questions & answers at the conference. Can anyone tell us what was asked and what was replied ? Did they announce the name of the new album ??
Thanks
May 10th, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar Nope. Amazingly, the questions that were asked were among the stupidest imaginable. There was a question about Charlie's health that didn't get answered but he did look fine. There was a question about what the new CD sounded like & Mick gave an ironic answer about how it conquered new territory while still sounding like the Stones.
May 10th, 2005 02:47 PM
Angiegirl Yeah. And Keef called the BBC the 'Boring Broadcasting Company' when they doubted their true intentions (music vs money). My answer was 'we're only in it for the money'.
Mick said at the beginning that Ronnie would answer all the questions and then Ronnie said 'goodbye'. Some questions didn't get answers at all. It was short. Ronnie and Charlie were props, Mick did all the talking with some yells here and there from Keef, as usual.
May 10th, 2005 02:50 PM
Monkeytonk-man dudes, I don't know about everyone else, but i thought the Q&A session was a bit of a fiasco, no good quotes, bit of a shambles really. Did't seem to be as impressive as some of the others they have had in previous years

On the plus side, i did like the sound of the new tune, pretty rocking
May 10th, 2005 02:52 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, boring and disappointing Q&A, but hey, at least it was fun to see them live from the other side of the ocean!
May 10th, 2005 02:54 PM
glencar I was going to try to make it but I was unable due to extenuating circumstances. It's nice to see the internet feed.
May 10th, 2005 02:55 PM
wisertime Thanks boys & girs, so I didn't miss anything.
Concerning the new song, I really enjoyed it, even if it was only 1 minute.
May 10th, 2005 03:33 PM
KeepRigid It was surprisingly unorganized- especially when compared to recents ones where all the i's have been dotted nicely. I'm still not even sure what the name of this tour is!

They were asked about opening acts, but Mick just said they weren't ready to announce any. The album is still untitled and only about 85% done.

One guy asked something about what it means for them to play Latin America, and Keith jokingly replied, "Whatever you just said- 'YES!' It got a good laugh, and was ironic to see Keith unable to understand someone else!

Another asked if they had projected how much money they stood to make on the tour. Keith replied, "Millions!"

The BBC guy asked what was driving them more- the music or the money. The crowd booed and Mick said it wasn't a very popular question, so he wouldn't answer it. Keith acted offended and told him, "You can keep the money, pal." Mick should've pulled out the definitive answer, which he gave at the Voodoo Lounge presser. ("What about all the free beer you can drink and young girls down front?")
May 10th, 2005 04:04 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I had to work, so I didn't see shit. Does anyone have the stuff online?
May 10th, 2005 04:54 PM
BrianJonesForever I was there. They sounded great. The questions were incredibly stupid! Keith was his usual smart-ass self, oh yea.

The sun was blazing so much we all were sunburned by the end of it!
May 10th, 2005 05:21 PM
throbby I really liked the guitar sound they had, much higher in the mix..bass drum too. They sounded great live in my opinion. Really got me wanting more. I really liked the line in the new song. Something like "I'm turning to jello looking at your tits". That's what it sounded like to me anyway. Quite incredible seeing them live at the "Corn Flake" show.
May 10th, 2005 06:05 PM
Michael
I was there as well.
It was good to hear them live without the sidemen.
When Mick said they were not calling this the last
tour, the crowd cheered.

Peter Wolf passed along the edge of the crowd,
but no one seemed to recognize him.

May 10th, 2005 06:07 PM
Madafaka Q: What do you think of the fans in Argentina?

KR: Argentina, I’d love to go back man. Beautiful.

MJ: Fantastic fans in Argentina. Brilliant. Loud. Masculine.Noisy.

RW: Ole

MJ: Football lovers…

KR: Enthusiastic!

MJ: Uh…yeah. And there are many of them. So we’re happy to go there.

May 10th, 2005 08:11 PM
Soldatti A happy day for Argentina, the tour will make the headlines of tomorrow papers.
May 10th, 2005 09:16 PM
Bitch I WAS UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY - I was right up front on the platform, & got in without a pass!!
Here's how it went: Beautiful sunny day in NY! I got there 12:20, saw the stage; not many people there yet. I walked up front by the platform and asked the security guard if I can get in. He asked if I was with the press, and I said no, I'm a fan (obvious from pink tongue logo on front of my black shirt)! He told me to wait up front, and if it doesn't fill up with press, they're letting in some fans. So about 12:50 he let a bunch of us in. Piece of cake!

Upper Stage - Curtain Opens, They look GREAT!

1. Start Me Up - perfect!
2. New Song - "Oh no not you again" was the chorus. Not sure if that's the title of the song. It’s good, with fun lyrics, a basic solid rock & roll song. I think they goofed it up; afterward, MICK made a comment about it.
3. Brown Sugar - everyone sang along, dancing & clapping!

During the break, a guy(?) talked in general about the ON STAGE tour, locations, etc.. Then The RS walked onto the platform to answer some questions from reporters. Film crews, TV cameras, famous people (Tommy Hilfiger), beautiful people, VIP's, etc. were everywhere. Highlights:

Q Is this your last tour?
A Mick answered, NO the PRESS made that up! Fans cheering! MICK said something about the tour, 400 seats right on the stage, and we will be up so close that we can see his “bums” or something like that!

Q. How much money will you make from the tour?
A Ronnie answered: Millions! Crowd laughing!

Q When will the new CD be out?
A MICK answered, it's 85% finished. It's hard hitting, yet classical.

Some of the questions were rude, and I think MICK was getting annoyed - he even told someone he wasn't answering them. Another dumb question about taxes, then MICK ended it. It was over & they walked out, behind the stage.

PS. I was on ABC World News Tonight! Dancing to Brown Sugar! Wow! What a gas!

May 10th, 2005 10:10 PM
corgi37 Some of the footage was on our mid morning news. Looked ok. Saw the dumb question about doing it for the dough. Keef was so cool throwing his jacket down and saying "You can keep the money, pal".

No word on a Oz tour. I guess we wont know until later in the year.

And, if it happens, you just know i am gonna get 2 of those "on-stage" seats!
May 10th, 2005 11:21 PM
BILL PERKS PERKS WAS THERE WITH FRANKIE PEPPERS..IT WAS A GREAT SETUP-SAW THE BAND CLEAR ENOUGH AND SOUND WAS FANTASTIC.BAND PLAYED GREAT..GLAD TO HAVE THEM BACK.Q&A WAS A JOKE AS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED..BEERS AT MCSORLEY'S AFTERWARD TO TOP OFF A GREAT DAY.
May 11th, 2005 01:29 AM
Zack
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Congrats to all the ROers from Argentina. That must have been sweet!
May 11th, 2005 08:17 AM
Monkeytonk-man Man just four of 'em playing the tunes. now that's what I'm talking about.

Would like to think it was a sign of things to come, but we all know that is just pie in the sky, Chucky and all the rest will be there, bummer really, be nice to see just the basics: Guitar, Drums, Bass & Throat
May 11th, 2005 08:52 AM
Madafaka Thank you Zack!
May 11th, 2005 10:16 PM
Soldatti They talked about two countries only: Canada and Argentina!
The news made headlines here.
May 11th, 2005 10:18 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The news made headlines here.

Yes, and the taxes included in the tickets too...
May 11th, 2005 10:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Yes, and the taxes included in the tickets too...

Check the spanish board, la nación article, page 2...
May 12th, 2005 02:24 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! But the best answer was that this will not be the last tour as far as they are concerned, they'll take it as it comes. So it's safe to say we can for now put that puppy to rest!
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour