ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Is Wrong WithUs? Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 02:36 PM
Honky Tonk Man Amoungst the decent questions regarding the album and the upcoming tour, an English woman representing MTV UK asked whether It'll be their last tour. Why did it have to be an English person?! What is wrong with us?

At least the BBC guy was fuckin' Welsh!
May 10th, 2005 03:19 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Amoungst the decent questions regarding the album and the upcoming tour, an English woman representing MTV UK asked whether It'll be their last tour. Why did it have to be an English person?! What is wrong with us?

MTV.
May 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
glencar There were at least a half dozen truly stupid questions today. Poor Mick!
May 10th, 2005 03:28 PM
StonesChick

I couldn't get the pc on my computer. Heard a little of the new song but didn't get to see anything and was shut out before the band was asked questions. Can anyone post the q/a session from the press conference? Thanks!
May 10th, 2005 03:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Amoungst the decent questions regarding the album and the upcoming tour, an English woman representing MTV UK asked whether It'll be their last tour. Why did it have to be an English person?! What is wrong with us?

I don't think that question is actually all that stupid at this stage of the game. There was a good bit of speculation that it would actually be billed as a farewell tour.

But HELL! They look great for guys in their 60s! And it seems like they sounded great too- they might as well keep on going.

I guess they read the fine print of their pact with the devil pretty closely!

May 10th, 2005 06:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I don't think that question is actually all that stupid at this stage of the game. There was a good bit of speculation that it would actually be billed as a farewell tour.

Agreed 100%
Usually I find that question tiresome
Today it was the one question I wanted answered, although I was dreading what the answer may be
Having read the transcript, Mick handled it perfectly as he always does.
As did Charlie in his own twisted way. LOL

I was surprised no one asked Ronnie or Charlie about their recent health problems to be honest.
May 10th, 2005 10:20 PM
corgi37 It's amazing how quickly i forgive them for being lazy.

However, if they dont come to Oz, i will be ropeable!
May 10th, 2005 11:26 PM
BILL PERKS I THOUGHT MICK'S ANSWER WAS THE CLOSEST TO AN ADMISSION OF A FINAL TOUR AS I'VE HEARD..NOT THAT IT'S SURPRISING.
May 11th, 2005 12:43 AM
kath they tried to ask charlie, but that goddamn loud mouth woman from bbc interrupted as he was about to answer. people were yelling "how is charlie?"

it was a terrible press conference...inane questions, one that pissed keef off....they should let real people ask the damned questions.....that one dj from california or whereever she was from was really lame...

it was embaressing...but they looked and sounded great...and i was really happy to see them again!
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour