ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SO.....$100-105 isn't too bad Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 01:42 PM
Jaxx by today's standards, anyway, plus ticketbastard astronomical charges. sure beats the $500 a ticket rumour.
May 10th, 2005 01:46 PM
sirmoonie He qualified that heavily with "average"......
May 10th, 2005 06:02 PM
Gazza I have to say, as a long-time and very vocal critic of Stones ticket prices that the report that for 95% of the people going to these shows, that $99 average for a stadium and $110 for an arena is quite a pleasant surprise.

Still think the golden circle thing is horrible elitism and scandalously pricedbut the fact that such a high proportion of the seats seem reasonably priced offsets that minor gripe.

I also think the new rs.com arrangement with pre-sales is a huge improvement, especially

1) the money back guarantee if you dont see tickets that appeal to you
and
2) the fact that you are allowed to buy multiple memberships if you wish (you technically were forbidden to do so last time, although we got away with it by using different credit cards etc. It still was a risk at the time that if caught out, all your transactions would have been cancelled)

3) they seem to be giving advance notice of the pre-sales from what I can see. much better than the crapshoot from last time when you had to sit by your PC waiting for a random e-mail that could come at any time of night advising pre-sales were starting at that moment

I still think the system of not paying up front leaves it open to brokers but its a hard system to perfect. Still, its a vast improvement on the much criticised system last tour.

Well done all round. lets hope it works relatively smoothly for everyone.

I am now officially excited and have an erection.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 10th, 2005 06:31 PM
ResidentMule what do you can non club members expect as far as seating/prices? I'd like to get some decent seats this time and learned last tour that $90 gets you shit in the stadiums. probably looking at this Wachovia this time around
May 10th, 2005 07:06 PM
Gazza the ticket price range is the same for everyone.

Only difference is that fan club members get first shot at them on a pre-sale. But they would be offered all price ranges too.

As 95% of the tickets are supposedly averaging $110 (arenas) and $99 (stadiums) there appears to be a larger amount of better seats available at the cheaper end of the market

Just checked the pre-sale ticket prices for Atlanta (using arandom example) which is an arena show

The prices are $352, $162, $97 and $62. There is a 2-limit "hot seat" ticket at $564.

For Fenway Park, tickets are $453, $163, $102 and $63 with the "hot seat" also at $453.

the stadium shows presale info lists the "hot seats" as being in rows 5-15.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 10th, 2005 07:09 PM
crb69 Giants Stadium ticket prices $60 - $450.

I'm gonna puke...no they are not in it for the money. They do love to play the music... and break financial records. I was psyched this time to put out say $300 or so for Great seats...$450? I won't go at all...
May 10th, 2005 07:12 PM
ResidentMule seems people are doing pretty good with getting nice seats from the fanclub. more money than I want to spend but it seems to deliver what it promises? (not counting the FC DVD)
I don't really plan on getting top notch seats just something better than the back end this time
May 10th, 2005 07:15 PM
Angiegirl I can't imagine anyone paying $450 for a plain stadium show. Where are those seats, front row? Jeez... I was front row in 2003 stadium for less than 80 euro (most expensive tickets). Granted, waiting, running, waiting, standing, but still...
May 10th, 2005 07:21 PM
crb69 Oh I get it. If you want to be "On The Stage" with the band it will cost you $450. So up front on the floor and 1st level side of the stage is around $160???

Then I would definitely go...Hot seats are too hot for me...
May 10th, 2005 07:36 PM
Angiegirl I thought the onstage places were given away in contests? Maybe part of the 400 places then?
May 10th, 2005 10:02 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
crb69 wrote:
So up front on the floor and 1st level side of the stage is around $160???

I wish..

I do see something wrong with the 160-450 gap though
May 11th, 2005 02:45 AM
littleredrooster Horseshit!

Stadium shows....$450+ floor seat!

First 5 rows at alot of venues are VIP packages, $1500 for a ticket in the first 5 rows, hotel 2 nights, cheap pre concert pretzel party and Stones junk to take home!

Special tix in rows 5 to 15 at about a $100 premium OVER peon floor seats!!!!!

BEND OVER fellow Stones fans!!!!!!!!!
Cause Everythings Turned to GOLD!!!!!!!!
May 11th, 2005 06:53 AM
justforyou Any standard ticket above $100 is plain robbery - they should be in at around $50, oh well maybe I'm just too poor for this tour!
[Edited by justforyou]
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour