ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
from the stage - get ready
© Unknown author with thanks to Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: farewell tour my ass Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 01:30 PM
Lethargy You know what I love about this whole press conference, announcement, new album, and new tour situation? (Other than the sheer fact that it's HAPPENING - woohoo!)

- no 'farewell tour' announcement, despite the rumors and spectulation that this time, unlike all previous tours, it actually be billed as such (rocks off members will stay tuned for the apology email from the people who spread that rumor)

- no mick taylor or bill wyman return, just the same four guys, same band, going out again.

No gimmicks (well, okay, the 'fans have a chance to be on stage' thing qualifies as a gimmick) or phony 'farewell' b.s. required with these guys. They just show up as usual and say here we are, we've got an album, we're goin on tour, see you there. SWEET!
May 10th, 2005 01:35 PM
Jaxx doesn't that kill ya? this is what my teenager keeps saying, "mom get over it, its the farewell tour"

i think they ALL look great. ronnie looks terrific. i'm glad to see that. mick looks like he had a facelift tho. glad to see his fitness plan is still so successful ;-)
May 10th, 2005 01:40 PM
Joey

********** END TRANSMISSION ***********
May 10th, 2005 02:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When asked about it Charlie said "Yes" immediately, he wants this to be the last one
May 10th, 2005 02:55 PM
Saint Sway Mick is in better shape than anyone on this board.

he's unbelievable He must be the devil.
May 10th, 2005 02:56 PM
glencar I do assume this will be the last tour myself.
May 10th, 2005 03:04 PM
Lethargy It might very well be the last one. My point was that it isn't being officially announced & marketed as such by the band and its promotors, like so many bands have done.
May 10th, 2005 03:05 PM
glencar And I too appreciate that.
May 10th, 2005 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
It might very well be the last one. My point was that it isn't being officially announced & marketed as such by the band and its promotors, like so many bands have done.

EXCELLENT POINT Lethargy!! I fully concur!

of course, the Stones are still whores. But really cool whores!

you know, whores with dignity! Hey, thats what they should call the new record "Dignified Whores"

man I so wish you were here with me today bro!!!! What a blast!!!
May 10th, 2005 03:08 PM
Honky Tonk Man Last tour or not the last tour, we should all know by now that the Stones will never publicly announce a farwell tour.

As Gazza has stated in previous threads, the Stones will end on a wimper. We'll turn on the news one day to see one of the old codgers has popped their clogs and three days later the remaning members will say they can no longer carry on.

Anyway, enough of being morbid!

Want to know my opinion? Well, deep down I suspect thi will be their last our, but you never know.

The Stones take each day as It comes and we'll just have to wait and see how they feel come the end of the UK/Europeon leg!
May 10th, 2005 03:10 PM
Joey " We'll turn on the news one day to see one of the old codgers has popped their clogs and three days later the remaning members will say they can no longer carry on. "

< ----- Like Keith Moon ?!?! ...... or Bonham ?!?!

May 10th, 2005 03:14 PM
glencar The worst was after Ox died. Two fucking idiots!
May 10th, 2005 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The worst was after Ox died. Two fucking idiots!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 10th, 2005 03:19 PM
glencar Sorry but truth hurts, baby!
May 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sorry but truth hurts, baby!

Where are my ' theatre ' gigs .... ?!?!

Where is my Dope ..... ?!?!

WHERE THEY BE .. ?!?!?!

Developing ..................

Scabies ! ™
May 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
glencar Come to NYC for the theater show!
May 10th, 2005 03:38 PM
justinkurian From Billboard.com

(http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000913496)

With the Stones' members now well into their 60s, could this be the final world tour blowout? "We don't really plan tours and we certainly don't announce the tour as the last tour," Jagger said. "That's a trap to try and get people to buy your tickets. We take each tour as it comes."
May 10th, 2005 08:09 PM
Soldatti Charlie said YES. Mick said NES...
May 10th, 2005 08:25 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
You know what I love about this whole press conference, announcement, new album, and new tour situation? (Other than the sheer fact that it's HAPPENING - woohoo!)

- no 'farewell tour' announcement, despite the rumors and spectulation that this time, unlike all previous tours, it actually be billed as such (rocks off members will stay tuned for the apology email from the people who spread that rumor)

- no mick taylor or bill wyman return, just the same four guys, same band, going out again.

No gimmicks (well, okay, the 'fans have a chance to be on stage' thing qualifies as a gimmick) or phony 'farewell' b.s. required with these guys. They just show up as usual and say here we are, we've got an album, we're goin on tour, see you there. SWEET!

i know!!! i was really glad to hear mick say it wasnt their farewell concert.
that was funny when the lady asked them, charlie immidiatly said yes it was their last tour.
May 10th, 2005 09:57 PM
ResidentMule we should set it straight for people who didn't actually watch the PC that Charlie's "yes" was just a joke and to say something to make them stop asking. but for anyone just reading it on the internet - this is how rumors get started. its good to see Mick still isn't gonna give us the farewell tour bullshit

anyway, last tour or not, does it matter? lets just fucking enjoy it!

last album on the other hand...
[Edited by ResidentMule]
May 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
justinkurian This was encouraging:

"We tried to make this album a direct album, very simple as far as lyrics and ideas are concerned," Jagger said. "It's eighty-five percent done."
May 10th, 2005 10:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Jagger said. "It's eighty-five percent done."

IAN??
May 10th, 2005 10:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
doesn't that kill ya? this is what my teenager keeps saying, "mom get over it, its the farewell tour"

i think they ALL look great. ronnie looks terrific. i'm glad to see that. mick looks like he had a facelift tho. glad to see his fitness plan is still so successful ;-)

I hope yours is too!
May 11th, 2005 05:06 AM
kahoosier Ok I just had my 48th birthday. Hell if this is not the last tour, I will never be able to retire unless as a pauper. I just got my savings back together from Licks and now I have plans for the next year!
[Edited by kahoosier]
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour