ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: America and Oasis Return to archive
05-07-03 10:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man Just being watching an American MTV program about rivalry between bands. It had a lot about Oasis. When the Gallagher brothers were being interviewed, it showed subtitles!

Alex
05-07-03 11:21 AM
winter oasis BLOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

wintah
05-07-03 11:23 AM
jb Brock Berlin??????????
05-07-03 11:24 AM
steel driving hammer Oasis is one of the worst things to happen to rock and roll.

Champane Super Novor In The Sky! LOL!
05-07-03 12:52 PM
vampire Well, I like Oasis, but in some cases the songs could be a little shorter.
Anyway, there are many other british groups better than 'em, like Blur, Coldplay, Rolling stones.....

[Edited by vampire]
05-07-03 01:50 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah of course. There are plenty of better British bands out there. Im not really an Oasis fan, but they did a lot for British guitar music in the mid 90s. Things were getting a little dull and there seemed to be no real British rock stars about. We wanted rock n roll with guts and real hell raisers. To an extent, Oasis gave us that. Just like the Stones did all those years before.

Everyone on both sides of the Atlantic may be raving about the current British bands lkie Coldplay and Blur, but the Stones are still the Kings!

Anyway, my ORIGINAL POINT was that obvsiously, Americans can't undertand they're mancunian accents!

Alex
05-07-03 02:50 PM
Gazza neither can the rest of us!

mind you,I've seen lots of non-"middle England" regional UK accents (including those similar to my own) dubbed on American TV before. Sometimes justifiably! I've known Jaxx for over five years and she STILL can barely make out a word of anything I say. Oddly enough,Gerardo manages better for some reason even though his first language is Spanish.
05-07-03 04:29 PM
jb Is that like pigeon latin?
05-07-03 04:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Oasis is one of the worst things to happen to rock and roll.

Champane Super Novor In The Sky! LOL!

There is that one version of Champagne Supernova with the alternative lyrics thats pretty funny.

Mongoing........

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003