ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick header pic Return to archive
05-05-03 10:14 AM
sandrew The fey S&M look, eh? That guy shed images and reinvented himself long before Madonna made it cool.
05-05-03 10:18 AM
steel driving hammer So true.

Shame the Stones never get enough press coverage.

Even when the Licks Tour was the highest grossing tour of 2002 and gonna be in 2003 and maybe 2004.

Where's the fucking press?

Oh yeah, their busy promoting Madonnas new album w/ no tour.
05-05-03 10:29 AM
jb I'm telling you the 73 European tour was perhaps their greatest ever....Mick taylor was a man possessed and Keith never played better........Also , do you notice that Mick would always say something to Charlie towards the end of Tumblin Dice?
[Edited by jb]
05-05-03 10:35 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
Also , do you notice that Mick would always say something to Charlie towards the end of Tumblin Dice?
[Edited by jb]

Yes you bastard!

He would say....

"One thing Charlie, one THANG! You got to ROE me!"

"Hit it harder for me, your too soft!"

Great tour.
05-05-03 10:37 AM
sandrew I can't disagree, JB. Everyone looks to '72 as the Midas year, but '73 might take the cake. I've always thought they were better in Europe for every tour -- looser, more relaxed, bigger, more enthusiastic crowds.

It's always been a dream of mine to see them in Europe and, come Barcelona in June, it'll finally come true. Wo-hoo!
05-05-03 10:41 AM
jb Have a great timer Sandrew!!!!!!!! I recently received a boot entitled "Timeless Europe 73" and it combines Brussels, Wembley and Germany....it truly is amazing.....
And yes SDH, "one thing Charlie"...you gotto roooooooooll me.....love that.....also love the Perth version of "Bitch"....
05-05-03 11:34 AM
parmeda
quote:
sandrew wrote:
The fey S&M look, eh? That guy shed images and reinvented himself long before Madonna made it cool.

sandrew...Mick was born 'cool'
(Glad to hear your dream will come true! Take PICTURES, damn it!)
Steeie...they don't need the press. They have US! Walkin', talkin', rockin' & rollin' PR...Right HERE. What more could ya ask for?
05-06-03 12:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
This was the reference header:

Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand - February 11, 1973
With thanks to Stoneslib - BTW, the first header from http://www.rocksoff.org
05-06-03 03:20 AM
Mathijs 1973 was a very mixed tour in my opinion, mainly due to keith's state of health. Some shows were among the best ever given by the Stones (the Wembley shows, the first Brussels, Berlin, Antwerp), but then again some shows are just plainly horrible: Essen, Hamburg, Munich, the Scandinavian shows, the first 2 Rotterdam shows. On most shows keith just seemed to be too far out of it. Also, on some of the 1973 shows Mick Taylor went a bit out of control, and messing up the songs by taking too many, too loud and much too complicated solo's, drowning out the rest. I think he either got really bored within the Stones, or his ego got too big, but he started to over do his lead parts sometimes in 1973.

Mathijs
05-06-03 07:19 AM
marko Well said man!You�re perfectly right about 73 tour,,,,aussie
tour was much better.
05-06-03 04:40 PM
jb No Marko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-07-03 07:31 AM
marko YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003