ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What if you could get a time machine? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-04-03 12:14 PM
marko On which Stones show you would like to go and see from the
past????
I would wanna see final New York 1975,or when they did their
first show somehwere in London,,,,,,,,,,,,,
05-04-03 12:40 PM
J.J.Flash 1- Brussels (man, that version of Happy, with Keith shouting using all his breath)

2- Hyde Park (of course because the Stones, but, this Park is one of the most beatiful places that I've knew)

3- Altamont (I don't have any, let's say, drug's afecction, but LSD, man, due to all creativity brought by this..... I really would like to be in any show of that ERA (69-72) under LSD effects, really, I'm not joking....)

4- Madison Square Garden (Ya-Ya's days)

5- Woodstock (I know, Stones wasn't there, but man, Jimi Hendrix, Santana==> that version of Soul Sacrifice was the best)

6- Another fantasy, which I could realize with this travel-time machine is, had lived in England and met Keith and Mick in that train....... you know, maybe I would be the partner of Keith, playing guitar ===> My bigger fantasy....
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-04-03 12:50 PM
J.J.Flash Oh yeah, I remembered one more good thing to do if we would have this time machine=====> Didn't allow Michael Jackon stay close to Mick Jagger, you know State of Shock.... I never had the necessary guts to listen that one..... oh dear....
05-04-03 12:56 PM
J.J.Flash Marko, what do you think?
Cheers!
05-04-03 01:04 PM
marko I think i would go anywhere between 1963-1983.
State of shock is pretty horrible!
05-04-03 01:06 PM
steel driving hammer Hmm, Baltimore 69 or Paris 82.

That NY 75 sounded pretty good too.
05-04-03 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
marko wrote:
I think i would go anywhere between 1963-1983.

nothing more to say..... words of wisdom.....
05-04-03 01:07 PM
full moon In the studio during " Exile".......
05-04-03 01:08 PM
J.J.Flash Your girlfriend Steelie...==>

I like her smile.........Good!
05-04-03 01:15 PM
steel driving hammer Is she hot hot hot or what?

God (or the Devil) has created the perfect woman I think.
05-04-03 01:28 PM
J.J.Flash Steel, about that PM I was asking if you received, something happend and the message couldn't be delivered..... you know, problems.... Later, tonight I'll try to write a similar...... I can't remember what I was talking in the lost one....... I must to see the "She's the boss" right now! Good sunday for everybody!
05-04-03 01:35 PM
steel driving hammer Now she the governer, she's #1, from where I'm posting, I'm just a stud! Ya!
05-04-03 03:07 PM
Lazy Bones Knebworth '76.
05-04-03 04:22 PM
magicwoman -altamont 69
-hydepark 69
05-04-03 04:24 PM
stewed & Keefed Go back to 1969 and save Brian from being murdered by that fuck Thorogood
05-04-03 04:27 PM
Gerry S I'd use that time machine to go two places. First to see at least one concert that Brian played at since I never got to see him play and second to go to Cotchford Farm the night of his death and see what really went down so no more doubts. (Be interesting to try to stop whatever happened and see how Stones history/Brian history played itself out from that point on.)
05-04-03 06:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

• To see the rehearsals for the first show in July 1962
  • To see the first show on July 12, 1962--- to go back with a camera to shoot it and film it (Of course to make some cool headers LOL)
  • To see the first show with Charlie and Bill together
  • To see the auditions for Mick Taylor
  • To be in the Beggars Banquet sessions
  • To be in the Jimi Hendrix - Brian Jones sessions in 1968 at Olympic Studio
  • To be in the Jimi Hendrix - Brian Jones sessions in 1968 at Brian Place
  • Hyde Park
  • Altamont (First show with Stu on stage, all the previous shows he was on the back playing live
  • Any 1973 show with Nicky Hopkins on Piano
  • Auditions to replace Mick Taylor
  • Some Girls sessions
05-04-03 06:55 PM
beer
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

[*] Altamont (First show with Stu on stage, all the previous shows he was on the back playing live

Didn't Stu play onstage in the very beginning, when he was still considered a full member of the band? Before Andrew Oldham started managing them?
Are you sure Stu played onstage at Altamont?

I would like to have seen the basement Exile sessions at Nellcote, summer '71.
05-04-03 07:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
beer wrote:
Didn't Stu play onstage in the very beginning, when he was still considered a full member of the band? Before Andrew Oldham started managing them?

Are you sure Stu played onstage at Altamont?

You're right, in the 1962 and some 1963 show he was on stage

I'm 100% sure STU is on the left side of the Altamont stage as I can see him very clearly in my DVD, I have made some stand stills of STU on stage at ALtamont, one of them was used as header.
05-04-03 07:27 PM
Child of the Moon I'd probably just take a trip back to every day they were around, y'know? See them show by show, rehearsal by rehearsal, session by session, day by day... just so I didn't miss anything.

I like Voodoo's idea of getting in on the Beggars sessions... I'd try to take notes to finally see who played what!

Or maybe I'd go back permanently, learn keyboards from Stu or Nicky, and get the Stones to use me on tours instead of Leavell. Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
05-04-03 08:06 PM
Honky Tonk Man Great idea for a thread marko!

Marquee Club 1962. Love to hear how they sounded live then!

Hyde Park 1969. It gets a lot of attention because it they turned it into a Brian memorial gig, but lets not forget that it was the first proper Mick Taylor show.

Oakland 1969. Still my favourite live performance. I think!

Shepards Bush Empire 1999. Would of loved to of seen the boys at my favourite live venue. It can get so hot and sweaty in there!

ANY of the 12 Wembley Stadium shows!

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
05-04-03 08:39 PM
Martha All of it..every single moment of the last 40 years...and reliving the shows I've actually been blessed to see live... AGAIN for dessert! LOL

I got it baaaad, for as you all know..Stones Is Stones!

the Siamese twins are coming to town....
05-04-03 08:57 PM
Nellcote Some of these will do.....

7/19/72, to replay my first row balcony seat Boston Gahden, Stevie Wonder/Stones, night after their arrest

El Mocombo Lounge-Side 3 Love You Live

Beggars Banquet Sessions

Recording @ Nellcote

Recording @ Chess Studios, RCA Studios

Crawdaddy Club 1962
05-04-03 08:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'd go back to where it all began for the Stones...I'd go to Helena Arkansas and watch Robert Johnson play on a street corner.
05-05-03 01:20 PM
JaggaRichards 1-Go see the Stones play a small club in the early days.

2-Go and talk Mick Taylor out of leaving the group.
05-05-03 01:36 PM
Moonisup First performance C.L

uhhhhh I think, well the ed sullivan show with the 'fake' LSTNT
05-05-03 02:37 PM
jb 1)Brussels 73
2)Wembley 73
3)Philadelphia 72
4)MSG 69
5)MSG 75
6)Capitol Theatre 78
05-05-03 04:12 PM
Tom Go back to late 1974 to warn Mick Taylor about his future after leaving the Stones, of course with some recent photos, financial records, bank accounts, gig attendance figures, all post-some girls albums and print-outs of some posts about him from this and other boards.

[Edited by Tom]
05-05-03 05:21 PM
Moonisup back in history again?

MSG 2003, a beer with josh and the rest of the lovely people here

uhhh anything from the seventies will do,
05-05-03 08:08 PM
Scot Rocks Damn there would be so much I would want to see and so many possibilities, stoping Chuck getting involved and his gay piano collapses would be a priority though...sorry Rik but it has to be done!

Mark
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003