ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: At the risk of offending my friend Josh Return to archive
05-03-03 04:51 PM
Riffhard I must say it is a particularly beautiful Saturday on the Jersey Shore. I have been listening to some of the best music that has ever been wrought. Right now I am finding the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's" to be a fine mix on a sunny day with my cocktail of choice. In this case,Kettle One and OJ. My kids love the Beatles and I find myself reverting to a bygone era just watchiing them dancing along to "Fixing A Hole" and the rest of this great album. It always reminds me of "As Tears Go By" when children listen to great music for the first time. They're doing things I used to do and still do! They are learning to appreciate the music that their father has loved for way too many years now.

Having said all that,Joey will be happy to hear that prior to the Beatles we were grooving to Tommy and Quadrophenia,earlier. Kids are great it's all new to them. They have been steeped in the Stones for years,for better or worse! Exile is on deck. My kids will be the coolest kids in class as they age. While their sheep-like friends are being spoon fed Britney,Back Street Boys,et al. My kids will be turning thier friends onto Sticky Fingers,Exile,Ya-Yas as well as the Beatles,The Who,Dylan and a whole slew of other REAL music.

All is good on this Saturday in Point Pleasant Beach,New Jersey! Good cocktails,fine chiba,and great music! Plus I'm hooked with front row seats to see Steely Dan in August! YES!!! Stones in 2004!

Riffhard
05-03-03 04:59 PM
telecaster Riff where ya been? Welcome back
05-04-03 09:48 AM
J.J.Flash Yes RIFF, your kids are on the best way. Growing beside a father who teach them the best music that ever made.
Cheers!
05-04-03 10:53 PM
parmeda Good for you, Riffy!
Wonderful parenting skills, exposing a vast array of music as most of us with children have, and continue to do the same. Nothing pleases me more than living my life through the eyes and ears of my sons.
05-05-03 07:12 AM
JaggaRichards Play 'Wooly Bully' at high volume for them too!
05-05-03 10:17 AM
jb Hello Riffy!!! Hope all is well....I was invited to attend a dinner at a large mansion at Woodfield country club in Boca Raton by the "Jewish Republican Foundation of the greater palm beaches". They are attemting to recruit new members given Bush's apparent strong support for Israel. It was a nice event, and I found the group to be fiscally/militarily quite conservative, but socially closer to what I would call " moderately democratic". Needless to say, I was presses hard to change party affiliations and for a little $$$$$$$$ contibution. I explained as a life-long democrat, I was not ready to make such a drastic change, but was open depending on who the candidate was.
As far as exposing your children to the Beatles, we all, unfortunately, have been traumatized by various events in our childhood. I trust this experience will ultimately make them stronger and you can begin the healing process by making them listen to "Brussels Affair" atleast twice a week followed by "Handsome Girls", etc. Take care my George Bush card carrying friend!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003