ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glasgow is now Scotland's Capital Return to archive
05-03-03 07:47 AM
FM FYI the Rolling Stones fan club has now decreed Glasgow to
be Scotland's capital city, replacing Edinburgh.

Got this from the fan club -
"The Rolling Stones are headed to Glasgow, Scotland bringing their LICKS World Tour to this beautiful capital city"

Oops, says I.

Fraser
05-03-03 08:00 AM
fmk438j I got nothing to say except my great grandmother was Scottish.

05-03-03 09:39 AM
Scot Rocks Haha, it should be Scotland's capital!!!!! Nice one RS.com

Everyone apart from people living in Edinburgh thinks this lol

Cheers

Mark
05-03-03 11:33 AM
Gazza IMO a nation's capital should be decided on where their best football teams come from, so obviously it should be Glasgow for Scotland

The capital of England is therefore only days away from being officially switched to Manchester
05-03-03 12:17 PM
marko hmmmm my humble opinion is that Scotland should get its
independence!!!
05-03-03 01:39 PM
Stray Cat Haven't you heard THEY DON'T WANT IT.
Yorkshire has a bigger population....what about us?
Only kidding. See you at the SECC!
05-04-03 08:00 PM
glencar I was never so bored as when I was in Scotland...
05-04-03 10:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, but Edinburgh is one of the sites of what a bunch of critics tend to call the best book of the 1990s, which is "Trainspotting". Unfortunately, that's also the book that a lot of foreigners base their opinions of Scotland on nowadays (along with that movie "Braveheart").

War-paint-doused crazy flashing heroin addicts! Whoo!

Naw... I've never been to Scotland, though I'd like to go sometime.

Although Scotch tastes like turpentine.

-tSYX --- Twice as hard as the first time I said goodbye...
05-05-03 10:08 AM
jb Ardbeg is simply the finest single malt scotch that money can buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-05-03 03:13 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
IMO a nation's capital should be decided on where their best football teams come from, so obviously it should be Glasgow for Scotland

The capital of England is therefore only days away from being officially switched to Manchester

How convinient. If an "American" was placed before the football, our capital would stay exactly the same!

-tSYX --- Hail to the Redskins...
05-05-03 03:24 PM
Gazza >Unfortunately, that's also the book that a lot of foreigners base their opinions of Scotland on nowadays (along with that movie "Braveheart").

yeah well foreigners DO tend to base their opinions of countries they know little or nothing about on cliched Hollywood style trash or simplistic national stereotypes. Pretty often they get arrogant enough to actually think their opinion or expert analysis should be taken seriously. No substitute for actually LIVING there

05-05-03 08:14 PM
Scot Rocks Marko yessss!!! Independence is not going to happen just now though, SNP are the 2nd party still up here to New Labour. Lol it is funny though how people think that Scotland is just whisky, kilts and shortbread and Mel Gibson.

The funny thing is seeing people from abroad coming here wearing kilts and thinking that it will be result in some kind of acceptance lol, however mainly no one here actually wears a kilt apart from stuff like weddings and the opposite affect is what happens.

Cya L8r

Mark
05-05-03 10:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Marko yessss!!! Independence is not going to happen just now though, SNP are the 2nd party still up here to New Labour. Lol it is funny though how people think that Scotland is just whisky, kilts and shortbread and Mel Gibson.

And heroin! Doooooooooon't forget the heroin...

Well, maybe that's just us youngsters, who've read the damn book. But everyone I know of says "Trainspotting" first and "Braveheart" second when I ask them about Scotland. (Sometimes words like "Kilts" and "Whisky" get in there too. But they don't count. Everyone knows kilts are soooooooooooooooooo tribal, and out of season, and so forth.)

No one mentions "Mull Of Kintyre", though.

That's a good thing.

-tSYX --- Anyway they already expect you to give a check to tax-deductable charity organizations...
05-06-03 01:55 PM
jb Marko, I just bid 9.75 US for a copy of Philadelphia Special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-06-03 02:17 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Marko yessss!!! Independence is not going to happen just now though, SNP are the 2nd party still up here to New Labour.

Mark, I grew up hearing all about Scots Nationalism, but I think independence would be a disaster for Scotland. The first thing Scotland needs to do is quit blaming England for all its problems.

We can yack about it next time we are in chat room.

Either way, I'll crawl over broken glass buck ass nekkid just to get a hit of Tennet's!

S'lange avor.
05-06-03 02:20 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Those are three words I never want to have to hear again. Proof of how much of an ass Macca can be. I'd love to see Ronnie bitchslap Macca. I'd pay to see it.
05-06-03 02:40 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Oh God thank you for Trainspotting and Braveheart...

05-06-03 03:05 PM
Monkey Woman For a glimpse of today's Scotland, try the books of Ian Rankin. His crime novels are mainly set in Edinburg, with forays into Glasgow, Aberdeen (the oil capital of Scotland), the Islands, etc. Plus his detective, John Rebus, is obsessed about the Stones, just as Rankin himself...
05-07-03 10:34 AM
jb I won!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003