ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did ya miss me? Return to archive
05-02-03 07:49 PM
nankerphelge Thought y'all might like this!

A horrific venereal disease is preying on baboons in eastern Africa. An estimated 200 animals have been infected and scientists are scrambling to identify the mystery microbe that is attacking them.

The disease targets the reproductive organs of the primate. The consequences for male baboons are particularly gruesome, says Elibariki Mtui, of the African Wildlife Foundation in Arusha, Tanzania. "The genitals kind of rot away, then they just drop off," he told New Scientist.

The disease first appeared a month ago and while cases seem to be confined to Lake Manyara National Park in Tanzania, there are fears it will spread from the affected troops of olive baboons to others nearby. "People are really concerned that it could be an epidemic," says Mtui. Wardens at the park confirm that some of the infected males had died.

"If it's sexually transmitted then it could spread," agrees Dee Carey, head veterinarian at the Southwest National Primate Research Centre in San Antonio, Texas. Baboons live in troops of up to 100 animals and although the females stay put within each "family", the males wander between them. But with so little information on the disease, says Carey, it is difficult to evaluate the risks.

05-02-03 07:53 PM
parmeda Hi Nank!
...you crazy s.o.b.
05-02-03 08:09 PM
LadyJane And you tell us you are at trial!

Ha!

You're really in Africa exploring sexually transmitted diseases in baboons!!

LadyJ.
05-02-03 08:32 PM
gypsy Hell yeah, I've missed ya!
05-02-03 09:58 PM
Fiji Joe Didn't know you were gone,,,not because I didn't miss ya...I too have been on hiatus...Had, for personal reasons, to embark on a Nolte rehabilitation program...but you'll be glad to know, I failed miserably
05-02-03 10:37 PM
gypsy I noticed you were on hiatus also, Fiji. But, I was trying to act cool and aloof about it.
05-02-03 11:27 PM
parmeda Feej, me AND my mascara noticed a whole slew of you guys MIA these past couple of weeks. Really...I'm working on the same tube for 3 weeks now and the absence of you guys is the only thing that I can attribute that to!
05-02-03 11:45 PM
J.J.Flash About miss you.... Well, I think so.... but how about EBOLA? Be careful of Michael Jackson......
Damn, let's talk about groovy stuff......
05-03-03 06:03 AM
luxury1 parmeda--you are working on a tube???? WTF?
05-03-03 06:51 AM
Lambchop Oh, so now you're doing baboons. Slut.
05-03-03 09:07 AM
nankerphelge Last night, me and the rest of the trial team went out for dinner and some well-deserved R&R. We went to Outback and I sat next to a guy who handles our computer network. We got to talking and it turns out his father is a sheppard.

Needless to say, I was quite intrigued. He explained to me that because of their independent and aloof nature, sheep generally do not live in barns. Instead they just roam the pastures freely.

We talked for hours about their beautiful eyes, their warm wooly ways, and how some are so very demure. Yet, despite our common interest, we both knew -- it didn't even have to be spoken, I could see it in his eyes and he could see it in mine -- they are cloven-hooved beasts!
05-03-03 11:11 AM
parmeda
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
parmeda--you are working on a tube???? WTF?

yep!
LMAO!
05-05-03 12:05 AM
nankerphelge Japan 'cross-dresser' thief unmasked

Japanese police say they have arrested an unemployed man who disguised himself as a schoolgirl to rob women in the city of Nagoya.

Yoshikuni Moriwaki, 24, admitted carrying out a series of robberies clad in a navy blue miniskirt, white blouse and shoulder-length brown wig, police said.

In the most recent incident, he allegedly rode behind a woman on a bicycle and snatched her bag from the front basket as he overtook her.

He was later spotted near a local train station in his trademark school uniform.

According to the Mainichi Shimbun newspaper, he was hampered by his height of 175 centimetres - making him taller than most Japanese women.

His disguise was also undermined by the five o'clock shadow revealing that he regularly shaved.

Police had been looking out for the cross-dresser since early March, when he embarked on his spree. He is suspected of having carried out five such robberies.

05-05-03 03:52 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hey Nanky, welcome back!!
We wanna hear all about your trial!
05-05-03 07:48 AM
nankerphelge Still in the fucking middle of it!

Long-winded lawyer bastards!!

05-05-03 10:30 AM
T&A Didn't miss either one of you - but, thanks for asking...
05-05-03 10:32 AM
jb How's it going Nanker? I am so fucking busy b/t the practice, selling my home and looking for a new one, and my little "affair" that my head is spinning....the funny thing is, that with all thats happening, I still feel a bit depressed...I think I know deep inside that this excitement can't last much longer and it is just killing me....
[Edited by jb]
05-05-03 10:48 AM
telecaster The 3 biggest lies a Texan tells

1. I won this belt buckle in the rodeo
2. My pickup is paid for
3. I was just helping that little sheep over the fence
05-05-03 10:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

05-05-03 11:13 AM
parmeda LMFAO Voo!

That's PERFECT!
05-05-03 11:47 AM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:
LMFAO Voo!

That's PERFECT!

Voodoo is a genius!!!

LadyJ.

PS Thanks for the heads up Pam, I might have missed this!
05-05-03 12:19 PM
Joey " Didn't know you were gone,,,not because I didn't miss ya...I too have been on hiatus...Had, for personal reasons, to embark on a Nolte rehabilitation program...but you'll be glad to know, I failed miserably "

<---- Fiji , Is that really you ????? I thought the Tornadoes got you .....................Glad you are safe and sound .

Welcome home Fiji !

JACKY !

05-05-03 12:33 PM
Factory Girl Oh, Voodoo-I love that t-shirt that Keith is wearing!!

jb- I can totally relate to the selling/buying part of your stress! Lol...
05-05-03 04:13 PM
Joey " We talked for hours about their beautiful eyes, their warm wooly ways, and how some are so very demure. Yet, despite our common interest, we both knew -- it didn't even have to be spoken, I could see it in his eyes and he could see it in mine -- they are cloven-hooved beasts! '

Nanky , you forgot their air of aristocracy and inner self confidence ..............................

And you are both right , They ARE cloven hooved beasts .

J. fly Boy !

05-05-03 04:38 PM
Pattie
"did ya miss me?"

yes
05-05-03 06:21 PM
nankerphelge Love the shirt Voodoo!

I think I'll get myself one!
05-05-03 06:33 PM
midrambler [quote]nankerphelge wrote:

<<>><<>>>

A horrific venereal disease is preying on baboons in eastern Africa.
"The genitals kind of rot away, then they just drop off," he told New Scientist.

<<>><<>>

**How might such a contagious research programme be handled by the two monkeys who live in the flat just above me?

-Christopher
05-05-03 08:02 PM
Scot Rocks Haha, how are you doin' Nank, good luck with the trial mate, everyone seems to be busy just now I know I am anyway.

Cheers

Mark
05-07-03 07:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man What an Adventure!

Hope everythings fine Nanker

Alex
05-07-03 11:50 PM
nankerphelge Former Alabama football coach Mike Price said he was �too drunk to really know� what happened at a Pensacola, Fla., topless bar on the night that ultimately led to his firing, The Birmingham News reported Wednesday.

------------

Nolte!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003