ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gazza: please help us out! Return to archive
05-01-03 03:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hi Gazza,

I was wondering if you could help us out on this one:

We are looking for an affordable Dublin hotel, as close as possible to The Point. Do you know any?

Thanks in advance!

Mark
05-01-03 03:34 PM
Gazza loads of them. depends what you define as affordable

when I get the chance I'll post a link to the Irish tourist board and a site with discount hotels or any other relevant Dublin tourist info

get your concert tickets first and then we'll take care of the hotels. Dublin has plenty of hotels within a 2 mile radius of The Point. Basically, look for hotels in the Dublin 1 or 2 area (the Temple Bar area (in Dublin 2) is good for nightlife if a little bit further from The Point but an altogether nicer area just on the south side of the river.
05-01-03 03:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
get your

We have the tix!
05-01-03 04:14 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

We have the tix!

SSC-I'm very happy for you, but I'm so JEALOUS!! I've never been to Ireland....land of my ancestors..
and to see the Stones in Dublin would be a dream come true!!

ENJOY!!

LadyJ.
05-01-03 04:25 PM
Gazza SMARTARSES!

ok..try these:

http://www.allrez.com

which may help with discounted prices if you do a search for dublin (the Jurys Custom House Inn on Custom House Quay is the closest hotel to The Point. theres a discounted rate on this site for this hotel)

theres another hotel nearby called the Clifden Court. A budget hotel but in a very good location. Might be worth it if youre on a tight budget and want somewhere very central that wont cost you too much (the shows are midweek so hotel prices wil be more expensive than at weekends). alternatively theres always bed and breakfast or guesthouse accommodation of course.

you could also try these tourism sites:

http://www.visitdublin.com/

http://www.ireland.ie/accommodation/

http://www.tourismireland.com/Index.html

http://www.discoverireland.ie
[Edited by Gazza]
05-01-03 04:31 PM
Gazza >and to see the Stones in Dublin would be a dream come true!!
ENJOY!!
LadyJ

imagine how much a dream come true for me it is as - after so much globe trotting since 1990 - it makes a change getting two small shows here in 3 days..considering the fact they've played just ONE show here since 1965!! (my first one - in July 1982). Wouldnt top my #1 dream of a Belfast show (we have a terrific new concert arena which is bigger and better than The Point) but it'll do for now!!
05-01-03 05:41 PM
RubyFriday I�m glad for you,Gary....Dublin is also nice.It was a great experience for me also to see them finally after 25 years in my hometown in 98.Strange feeling to drink a beer in your pub ,1 hour after the concert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05-01-03 05:52 PM
steel driving hammer Is the war in Ireland over?

You know, the war that the Stones sing about in Blinded By Rainbows.

I've always thought Ireland is like the Bronx in NY, Too Tough.
05-01-03 05:53 PM
MarthaMyDear London's going to be funner!!! lol.................... NE-NER-NE-NER-NE-NER!!! lol....................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
05-02-03 06:13 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
London's going to be funner!!! lol.................... NE-NER-NE-NER-NE-NER!!!

I don't care...I have both!
05-05-03 07:29 PM
Angiegirl I don't but I have Dublin...yeah! ya didn't see that coming ey SSC? lol!). My first time ever to Ireland, very excited! See ya'll there...
05-05-03 07:38 PM
Scot Rocks Haha Ruby Friday are you are a Celtic fan, I have those pics too as well from the Henriks tounge site!!! just shows how the Stones were big Celtic fans lol, cya in Sevilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw anyone wanting info on Glasgow, email or pm me and I will be glad to help in the coming months ahead.

Cheers

Mark

05-06-03 01:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I don't but I have Dublin...yeah! ya didn't see that coming ey SSC? lol!). My first time ever to Ireland, very excited! See ya'll there...

LOL! Great that you'll be going to Dublin!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003