ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FREE Performances Coming Soon... (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-02-03 03:21 AM
MarthaMyDear Does anyone know where this thread is going??? ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Do you know??? Do you get what you're hoping for when you look behind you there's no open door? What are you hoping for? Do you know? lol...................................... Be afraid... Be very, very afraid... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Damn!!! I'm afraid of myself right now... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
05-02-03 10:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot Am I a betting man Pammy?

Ask Nellcote.

I'm still waiting for him to pay up.

What do you have in mind?
05-02-03 11:42 PM
parmeda Well SS...this could turn out to be a friendly rivalry between you and I with my Cubs and your Phillies. Shall we run week to week, month to month, or really let it fly by starting right now 'til the end of the season! Extra incentives, of course, when the two actually share the same diamond. To be fair, how does "run for run" sound rather than "win for win"? I'd hate to see either of us tend to become a little cocky and kick some sand up, LOL...
05-02-03 11:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Entire season. Best W/L record.

Put up or shut up.
05-03-03 12:39 AM
parmeda Put some of these ---> <--- on ,my dear...

It's going to be a blinding slam fest...

And just for the record. I never shut up...
05-03-03 04:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yap all you like...what is the bet?

Just remember, it's a very looooooong season. Dusty is a great manager...but he ain't a magician. Phil's are loaded, and loaded deep. They can handle the attrition of a long season. Even in the pitching staff. I think we both know how deep Chicago is.

So come on...bet with your heart, and not your brain. Entire season, won/loss record. What are we playin' for?

I'll take whatever you come up with...because I only bet on sure things. And this is a lead pipe cinch.
05-04-03 10:40 PM
parmeda quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Yap all you like...what is the bet?

Just remember, it's a very looooooong season. Dusty is a great manager...but he ain't a magician. Phil's are loaded, and loaded deep. They can handle the attrition of a long season. Even in the pitching staff. I think we both know how deep Chicago is.

>>> Let the games begin, my dear... <<<

So come on...bet with your heart, and not your brain. Entire season, won/loss record. What are we playin' for?

>>> I'll take that bet! Entire season, W/L records. <<<

I'll take whatever you come up with...because I only bet on sure things. And this is a lead pipe cinch.

>>> How does this sound? I hate to have people part with their hard earned cash...besides that, I would hate to have this seen as racketeering, that's only asking for trouble. So...if by chance you happen to be the victor of this friendly exchange, I will personally see to it that you have the best piece of ass, OR... the sloppiest, gooeyest PIE that ever came out of Chicago! In other words...choose your poison. Aged butt steaks from the Chicago Stockyards or a couple of Deep Dishes from Gino's East delivered to your front door. (Pleeeeeeze! What were ya thinkin'? LMAO!)

If this happens to lean favorably in my direction...(HEY! It could happen! Don't get cocky...) Whatcha gonna send me? <<<

This will be fun, SS. You and I are too pig-headed when it comes to serious passions. I can take it as well as I can give it...and to be a good sport about it all, I'll take the first stab...AT MYSELF...

"C"ompletely
"U"seless
"B"y
"S"eptember

Now...ain't THAT the fuckin' truth!
05-05-03 09:57 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, I have nothing against the Cubs. In fact, I always kinda liked the Cubs. It's just that I know the reality of the situation. This won't even be close.

If the sun does not rise tomorrow, and the Cubs end up with a better W/L record than the Phillies, I will send you a Penn State football jersey. #21. It belonged to a player named Shelly Hammonds. It was his practice jersey. I won it at a golf tournament.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Steak.
05-05-03 10:09 AM
jb Even the Marlins won a pennant in 97.......
05-05-03 10:38 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Even the Marlins won a pennant in 97.......

The last thing the Tribune Co. (owners of the Cubs) is
for the Cubs to win it all.

The place is packed even when they are in last place

Winning would just jack up the payroll
05-05-03 11:42 AM
parmeda
quote:
telecaster wrote:

The last thing the Tribune Co. (owners of the Cubs) is
for the Cubs to win it all.

The place is packed even when they are in last place

Winning would just jack up the payroll

...and that's why I subscribe to the SunTimes, my dear friend.
Those Tribune bastards are so tight I can hear them squeak 15 miles outta the damn city!
05-05-03 10:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot JB...if my memory serves me...Dutch Daulton and Jim Eisenriech were two big reasons for that trophy. So thank the Phillies for letting them go.

Item #2...what happened AFTER that World Series ranks right up there with the most pathetic things ever witnessed in the history of baseball. When Hyzenga won the trophy and then sold off his entire team...sold them like fucking SLAVES...made me absolutely SICK to my stomach. He BOUGHT a World Series trophy, and THAT shows a fundemental lack of respect for the game. I won't say that Wayne was the first...or that he will be the last...but he was CERTAINLY the most BLATANT and disrespectful. He NEVER intended from day ONE to allow that team to defend the title. It was a strictly one and done deal. Well that is WRONG pal. You don't just shit on the National Pastime like that.

Wayne better never show his face in my town. He's got a thumpin' coming for what he did.

Of course, he could always buy me off.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003