ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FREE Performances Coming Soon... (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-29-03 11:38 AM
parmeda Anyone that will be in the Chicago area near the end of May and/or the end of June or August...check out these FREE, yes free...chances to hear some great music right on the lakefront.

BLUES FESTIVAL
http://www.cityofchicago.org/SpecialEvents/Festivals/Blues2003/BluesPetrilloSchedule2003.html

TASTE of CHICAGO
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/SpecialEvents/Festivals/Taste2003/TastePetrilloSchedule2003.html

JAZZ FESTIVAL
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/SpecialEvents/Festivals/Jazz2003/
04-29-03 12:06 PM
steel driving hammer Darling if I go, promise not to kick my ass in public, ok?
04-29-03 12:08 PM
parmeda Did ya notice how I didn't post the Country Festival? LMAO!

You'd find me at 26th & California!!!
04-29-03 12:14 PM
jb Moonie has left the building...........
04-29-03 01:50 PM
Joey See ya all at the " DanFest " in Chicago on August 10th .

United Center here I come .....................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJO JA JAC JACKY !

M. JACKYFLY !
04-29-03 01:55 PM
jb Maybe he joined the British SAS forces ....
04-29-03 02:25 PM
parmeda jb, you flying north anytime this summer?

Get up here! There's all kinds of 'stuff' happenin', LOL.
04-29-03 02:33 PM
jb I just spent a wonderful weekend on Key Biscayne at the Mandarin Oriental with my "friend"....I would love to travel up north but the wife is really on my case....I would have to take her and there goes the fun!!!
04-29-03 02:35 PM
Joey " I would love to travel up north but the wife is really on my case....I would have to take her and there goes the fun!!! '

Bring her along ...........................we could swap for a night .

Developing ...............................

JACKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-29-03 02:44 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
I just spent a wonderful weekend on Key Biscayne at the Mandarin Oriental with my "friend"....I would love to travel up north but the wife is really on my case....I would have to take her and there goes the fun!!!

tsk...tsk....tsk (shaking my head back and forth again, LOL)

Bring the wife.
(Don't fuck THAT up!)
She'd be more than welcome.
04-29-03 05:43 PM
gypsy When I caught Joey cheating on me...well, I think you all know how Dolly really died. And it wasn't pretty.
04-29-03 10:40 PM
David taste of chicago is a rip off of summerfest

check out the line ups......

http://www.summerfest.com/entertainment/stages/

many more bands to be added.
04-30-03 12:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot Here's the line up for the just finalized, first annual...

SIR STONESALOT'S BACKYARD BARBQUEFEST!

One Day Only! 8/1/2003, @ SS's backyard!

Motto: I work for the cops, who you gonna call?

The Only Stage:

6AM-745AM--The Anal Rape Queens
8AM-945AM--The Clusterfucks
10AM-1145AM-Big Tongue & The Hummers
12N-145PM--The Shit Encrusted Ass Hairs
2PM-345PM--Tony & The Drunken Idiot Liars
4PM-545PM--Live Bait Revue
6PM-745PM--Spermicidal Jellyfish
8PM-945PM--The Chunks
10PM-????--The Squirtin' Murphy's
???-???--Roman Ass Monkeys In Togas

Basement Bar:

DJ Ya-Ya's Rock Music Show With Completely Naked Hot Chicks

Admission is free. Chicks get all the booze & food they can handle if they blow me. Be there and be square...or something like that.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
04-30-03 12:39 AM
gypsy Sounds really classy, SS. Sorry I won't be able to come...
04-30-03 02:01 AM
MarthaMyDear SS, OH, I'LL BLOW YOU FOR SURE!!! But, can you make that free lattes and food instead of free beer and food as I'm an alcoholic?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P DAMN!!! I sure do wish Cumface And The Heidi Fliess Clan could play!!! It's NEVER a party without them!!! CRACKING-UP!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Thank you for the line-up and ROCK ON, as per usual!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P lol.............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
04-30-03 03:46 PM
MarthaMyDear I'm kidding (crickets chirping in backround... Martha vows to never watch another Madonna interview again or it might set her off... lol............................... Oh, boy... lol............................. Christ... ROTFLOL!!! lol............................... :P )...

*** Martha ***
04-30-03 09:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...to bad you can't come. That must be really frustrating. You know, I could help you...get over the hump...so to speak.

MMD. I'll brew you the Mutha Of All Lattes...but only if you swallow.

I have some bad news though...The Shit Encrusted Ass Hairs got deported. They will not be allowed back in the country. So I'm searching for a band to take their place...stay tuned for an update at a later date.
04-30-03 10:49 PM
gypsy I won't be able to attend, as Joey and I will be frolicking and spending jb's money all summer.
04-30-03 10:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ooooooohhhhhhhhh....

You are frollicking with JOEY. Now I understand why you can't come.

No problem, just bring Joeykins along. He can dance like a clown for us. And not only is frollicking allowed...but openly encouraged.

And we can do lines (paid for by JB) offa your ass.
04-30-03 11:28 PM
gypsy Joey and I are known to be pretty greedy with our stash. Hell, I hide half my stuff from Joey. And he shares his with his sheepstress. Plus, it's not like these blackmail opportunities just happen every day.
04-30-03 11:54 PM
parmeda Oh! Wait for me to stroll in at the witchin' hour my friend...I would die to see Roman Ass Monkeys In Togas!

Isn't that what happens to all of the C10 during the stroke of midnight at one of these things?

I AM THERE BABE!!!
05-01-03 06:04 AM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
6AM-745AM--The Anal Rape Queens
8AM-945AM--The Clusterfucks
10AM-1145AM-Big Tongue & The Hummers
12N-145PM--The Shit Encrusted Ass Hairs
2PM-345PM--Tony & The Drunken Idiot Liars
4PM-545PM--Live Bait Revue
6PM-745PM--Spermicidal Jellyfish
8PM-945PM--The Chunks
10PM-????--The Squirtin' Murphy's
???-???--Roman Ass Monkeys In Togas

Hey Marc !!

I think I've done a show with one of the "bands" in your lineup !? (I won't say which one it was) All I remember about it was they were such a "poser" band. They didn't know what the fuck they were doing, couldn't play their instruments and the songs just kept going ON and ON even after the audience asked them to SHUT UP. They sucked. (I've been told it's not the first time they sucked)

I checked out the blues link that Pam gave out. Charlie Musselwhite, Otis Rush, Bonnie Raitt, Buckwheat Zydeco, Mose Allison for FREE ?

For Joey:

If you and Gypsy go to Chicago for any of the free gigs, go the night Mose Allison is playing. Mose Allison wrote the song Young Man Blues that was covered by The Who. He is in his late 70's now and won't be around forever. I got your message about an email. I will try in a few days. I've got some Who stuff to tell you about. Just don't go BLABBING.

For Marc (and anybody else who likes real R-n-R)

NBC "All Night" is getting ready to rebroadcast last weeks Conan O'Brian shows with The White Stripes. I didn't tape two of the five episodes originally. It comes on in about 15 minutes so.....

I Gotta Bail.

Later, JW

05-01-03 11:37 AM
parmeda
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
I checked out the blues link that Pam gave out. Charlie Musselwhite, Otis Rush, Bonnie Raitt, Buckwheat Zydeco, Mose Allison for FREE ?

Absolutely, Mr. Fang...It's FREE!
They all are, the ones I have posted.

These festivals are held in Grant Park, which is right on the lakefront...there's a band shell area that they use to hi-lite any of the featured performers. There is some seating available, not much, and you would have to get there at 5AM in order to snatch a good one. In any case, most people bring out a lawn chair/blankets, and just park themselves. Then there's me...I go directly to the "beverage vendors" that are stategically placed throughout the park, lol...but, no matter where you are, you most likely are in a good ear-shot of knowing what's going on.
05-01-03 02:40 PM
Joey " I've got some Who stuff to tell you about. Just don't go BLABBING. "

You make Joey giddy ..............................Cardy , please E- Mail me soon .

You's knows hows I just loves the Ooooooooooo !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
05-01-03 07:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Absolutely, Mr. Fang...It's FREE!
They all are, the ones I have posted.

These festivals are held in Grant Park, which is right on the lakefront...there's a band shell area that they use to hi-lite any of the featured performers. There is some seating available, not much, and you would have to get there at 5AM in order to snatch a good one. In any case, most people bring out a lawn chair/blankets, and just park themselves. Then there's me...I go directly to the "beverage vendors" that are stategically placed throughout the park, lol...but, no matter where you are, you most likely are in a good ear-shot of knowing what's going on.

Pam were you there when Keith showed up and played?
05-01-03 09:01 PM
Joey " Pam were you there when Keith showed up and played? "

Tele...................." CUBS WIN !!!!! " ..... " CUBS WIN !!!! " ..............." CUBS WIN !!!! "

Sammy and Co. take two out of three at Pac Bell !

YES !

JACKY !

05-01-03 10:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wow Joey. 2 out of 3. Impressive.

Except the Fightin' Phils swept the G-men...that is 3 of 3...AND NO HIT Bonds et al in the last game.

That's just a little more impressive.

The rest of the league doesn't know it yet...but they are all chasing the Phillies.
05-01-03 10:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and James....I know which band you are talking about. Since I run a classy, family oriented festival, they all claimed to be family men. Turns out they don't even have the balls to ask a girl out, let alone marry one. One guy showed me his family portrait...it was the picture that came in the wallet, with his head taped over the head of the guy in the picture.

I'm gonna let them do the gig anyhow. We need someone to throw rib & chicken bones at....and someone to empty the porta-potty. They'll do.
05-02-03 12:06 AM
parmeda
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Pam were you there when Keith showed up and played?

ya know Tele...I can't even discuss it.

I missed it by mere minutes and I haven't forgiven my drunken assed friends since. Designated driver, my ass! Their fricken livers could explode from now on for all I care...
05-02-03 12:28 AM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wow Joey. 2 out of 3. Impressive.

Except the Fightin' Phils swept the G-men...that is 3 of 3...AND NO HIT Bonds et al in the last game.

That's just a little more impressive.

The rest of the league doesn't know it yet...but they are all chasing the Phillies.

Are you a bettin' man, SS?
This could get interesting!
This could very well turn out to be a longggggggg summer, LOL!

Hey Joey! Sammy almost had it rocketed out in the bay!
I luv when that happens!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003