ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Chris Ware 1963
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK shows with on sale date Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-27-03 03:48 PM
brianisnotdead Fingers on the button, everyone!
We are now told that tickets will now go on sale this Friday, 2nd May, at 9.00 a.m. for the following concerts:

Glasgow SEC Arena : 1st September. Tel: 0870 040 4000. Also book online at: www.secctickets.com

Manchester MEN Arena : 5th September. Tel: 0870 190 8000. Also see www.men-arena.com

Dublin: 8th September (not sure of venue or phone number, but will try to find out)

London Wembley Arena : 14th September. Tel: 0870 739 0739. Also see www.wembleyboxoffice.com

Tickets can also be bought online: www.ticketmaster.co.uk

As we said in our previous email there may also be additional shows at Glasgow (3rd September), Manchester (7th September) and London (15th September), but that may depend on demand for tickets (and band energy!).

Official fan club tickets
Tickets will probably go on sale for fans through the official web site (www.rollingstones.com) a few days before they go on sale to the public.

Cheers,
Erik
www.shattered nl button 'nieuws'.
04-27-03 03:55 PM
brianisnotdead Thanks John.

The hyperlink is www.shattered.nl or our sister in London http://www.therollingstonesmagazine.info/. In London they are still not awakened for updating!

Erik
04-27-03 05:30 PM
Scot Rocks YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

THANKS MATE!

I'll be ready at 9am on Friday!!!

the Stones in Glasgow!!!

What a few weeks this has been...for my diminshing bank account

Mark
04-27-03 05:43 PM
Gazza Thanks Erik

Can you confirm that Dublin date?

You've given it as the 8th yet mentioned a probable extra Manchester show on the 7th. Seems unlikely theyd play two shows in two different cities on consecutive days.

Surely Dublin is still the 9th as originally believed?

04-28-03 04:29 AM
brianisnotdead I have got it from the original telefax but I will check it as soon as possible. Meanwhile look regular at the RSFC site also.

Erik
04-28-03 04:52 AM
BillyBoll Glasgow and Manchester on sale on ticketmaster now for Fan Club applicants.
04-28-03 06:00 AM
Zeeta THAT is the news we've been waiting for!!!

Lets party!!!!!
04-28-03 08:03 AM
brianisnotdead They will send me the press release later. So w'll know it today!

Erik
www.shattered.nl (The Netherlands)
04-28-03 11:29 AM
brianisnotdead OK
On sale now!
RSFC:
1 September Glasgow (SECC),
5 September Manchester (Arena),
9 September Dublin (The Point, YESSSSSS!),
14 September London (Wembley).

ERIK
04-28-03 04:08 PM
hayo I just bought tickets for the Dublin show!
Does anybody of you know someting about the venue, what is it like?
Anyway,looking forward to see Dublin, never been there, always wanted to go there.
Hope to see some of you there!

Hayo.
04-28-03 06:08 PM
Gazza been to a few shows there - its a decent venue,converted from an old railway depot and a concert venue since 1989 (U2 played the inaugural shows). sound is fine,sight lines arent bad - its also probably the smallest ARENA show that the Stones will play on the entire world tour. Seen Dylan and Springsteen there. A much better venue than the other main arena in dublin - the RDS.

Its also quite near the city centre. Not in a particularly salubrious area (its in the middle of what is basically a bleak industrial wasteland which has seen better days), but maybe only a 20 minute walk along the River Liffey from O'Connell Street (the main street in dublin) so very accessible to most of the hotels and nightlife
04-29-03 02:30 AM
Highway Child GAZZA is right. I've been on time here and it's a gas. Then I took yesterday 2 standing tickets.
I hope they will play the 15th. But if my memory is fine, it's the first time of the Tour they would one day off between 2 show !!!! They've got energy man, they are our gods!
04-29-03 04:51 AM
hayo Thank you for your reply gazza!
Wish it was september...

05-01-03 03:50 PM
jb Please advise how ticket sales are going. Thank you.
05-01-03 04:35 PM
Moonisup they go on sale tommorrow!!!
05-02-03 01:17 AM
Bluzian ANyone out there know the Dublin Tele # for these tix or
a website I can get to to buy these bloody tickets!????

I assume I can't get tix thru UK ticketbastard??

URGENT!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Cheers,
Ian in Toronto
05-02-03 04:25 AM
BillyBoll For Dublin use www.ticketmaster.ie.

Where are all the floor seated tickets for Manchester - non- available for either �150 or �85!
05-02-03 04:47 AM
BillyBoll Well I completely dipped out on the Dublin Tickets. Anyone got a couple of spare standing tickets for the Thursday?

Got a couple of tickets for Manchester though. Not quite what I wanted but they'll do. It looks like another RSFC membership for the second Manchester gig - if and when its announced!!

How did the rest of you get on?
05-02-03 06:04 AM
Gazza I didnt go for Dublin tickets this morning (already got 9/9 through the presale) as I was concentrating on Glasgow and London. managed to get lucky with both - no thanks to TM's useless site though...phone for Glasgow and Way Ahead box office for wembley

so I didnt know a 2nd Dublin show was going to be put on sale without warning. Now its gone..completely.. 16,000 tickets in two minutes. no surprise with an 8 ticket limit! Christmas has come early for the ticket touts ! still not even a hint about this show on rs.com either!

so anyone with extras for Dublin 2nd show,Id appreciate it. you can get me on [email protected]
05-02-03 06:30 AM
Zeeta 16,000 in TWO mins!!!!!

Shit man - thats a lot of tix to touts - I wonder what they will sell for on the night!?
05-02-03 06:38 AM
Zeeta I got two tickets for MAnchester!!!!!

Get in!! ! HAPPY!

I haven't a fucking clue where I will be in the Arena - can anybody help??

Ticket # BLK E 1&2

They are probrably not the best BUT Its STONES!!

The First time (And hopefully not the last!!) I will be seeing them LIVE!
05-02-03 11:32 AM
Stray Cat I'll be in E Block,rowT....IT'S NEXT TO B Stage
05-02-03 11:53 AM
Zeeta Is that correct next to B STAGE!?

Oh yes!

It's seated though which is a bastard, but I tell you what my ass won't be touching any seat for any of the show!!!!
05-02-03 01:55 PM
Travellin Man I've only just registered with this board as I've just been on Ticketmaster (18:50) and managed to get tickets to the MEN Arena in block E on the floor! Having been using a public phone box at 9:00 this morning only to get the engaged tone, I thought all was lost and cannot believe such good seats are still available. If you think you've lost out, I'd head ovet to ticketmaster as there are still plenty of seats in blocks L and J going begging.
05-02-03 02:11 PM
Stray Cat Sounds like it's party time down in E Block!
I have a feeling in my water......'Keith's gonna do
LITTLE T & A' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-02-03 02:12 PM
Stray Cat Sounds like it's party time down in E Block!
I have a feeling in my water......'Keith's gonna do
LITTLE T & A' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-03-03 09:54 AM
stewed & Keefed TM SITE.....WAIT...WAIT....WAIT.....AND THEN FUCKING BEATLE TAPED MUSIC...SLAM PHONE DOWN
GOT TICKETS FIRST GO WEMBELY TICKET OFFICE
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
05-03-03 10:53 AM
Travellin Man I'd imagine that a Stones tour is a sufficient behemoth to warrant its own ticket distribution network (like the World Cup) rather than delegating distribution responsibilities to companies who clearly can't handle the demand (I mean should a Rolling Stones on sale date really be treated exactly the same as the 'Chuckle Brothers' summer season?). It seems unfair that I can fluke some great seats at 6:00pm whilst others cannot even get through. A system of free registration for fans would hopefully also cut down on the amount of tickets appearing on ebay for exorbitant prices straight after they've gone on sale.
05-03-03 11:16 AM
stewed & Keefed Hi TM,
WELCOME TO ROCKS OFF.
ARE YOU A BRIT ?

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
05-03-03 11:21 AM
Travellin Man Sure am. I don't think there's many other time zones where I'd actually be awake right now.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003