ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Recovery from brain injuries Return to archive
9th May 2006 03:56 PM
Zulu Fun Mix What Are the Long-Term Effects of Brain Injury?

Recovery from a minor brain injury, such as a concussion, usually takes a short period of time (3 to 6 months), and the recovery often is complete. For more serious injuries, degrees of recovery vary. Factors that predict good recovery are the patient's age (younger is better), duration of coma (longer is worse), presence of bleeding in the brain, and the site and amount of trauma to the head and brain. Patients who survive severe brain injury often face a long recovery process (years) and are left with permanent disabilities.

Rehabilitation programs help patients regain their cognitive and emotional faculties. During the rehabilitation process, it is common for patients to have lapses of memory, behavioral changes, emotional problems such as anxiety or depression, changes in sleep patterns, declines in intellectual ability, and seizures. Psychological counseling and brain injury support groups are available to help patients and families deal with the long-term rehabilitation process.

http://www.humanillnesses.com/Behavioral-Health-Br-Fe/Brain-Injuries.html

After surgery, anticonvulsant drugs (such as phenytoin) may help control or prevent seizures, which can begin as late as two years after the head injury.

Prognosis

If treatment is provided soon enough, recovery is usually complete. Headache, amnesia, attention problems, anxiety, and giddiness may continue for some time after surgery. Most symptoms in adults usually disappear within six months, with further improvement over several years. Children tend to recover much faster.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/subdural_hematoma.jsp

With all this going on, he would be INSANE to drink during the recovery process, especially if he has to take precautionary anticonvulsants. I think we're entering a new paradigm phase in Keith's life and career.

9th May 2006 04:21 PM
pdog I wish Keith the best, if this is the end, so be it!
9th May 2006 04:23 PM
Joey

Well , there goes the " Mini - tour " of the staes this fall .

Damn !

BEST STONES YET too ......... !

www.QWESTCENTER.com

9th May 2006 04:26 PM
pdog Joey has been living with brain injuries his entire postin' life!

9th May 2006 04:37 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey has been living with brain injuries his entire postin' life!

You make Joey smile
9th May 2006 04:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey smile

Please see the schedule I emailed you, I will be heading to Missouri tomorrow....please mind the store?
9th May 2006 04:49 PM
jb Sponge's are sometimes used.
9th May 2006 05:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Sponge's are sometimes used.

please advise typical insurance coverage and potential lawsuits.
9th May 2006 05:52 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please see the schedule I emailed you, I will be heading to Missouri tomorrow....please mind the store?

Kansas City .........

Please have a drink at " Henry's " in the Plaza ( ......Westport , actually ) for me !

Jacky !
9th May 2006 05:57 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Pug...
If you're going to KC,
go off your diet for one night and eat
at Stroud's (pan fried chicken).

SV

9th May 2006 09:23 PM
glencar KFC? Why not try Mickey D's?
[Edited by glencar]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)