ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CHRIS Jagger interview (In Dutch) Return to archive
8th May 2006 01:25 PM
egon From dagblad van het noorden, 1 april 2006

8th May 2006 01:45 PM
Angiegirl Poor Chris. Good luck with the veggies boy!
8th May 2006 01:53 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Poor Chris. Good luck with the veggies boy!

Please translate...is he happy beiung Mick's bro?
8th May 2006 02:21 PM
Angiegirl He doesn't really say.

Here's the message:

He's struggling as a musician, designed clothing in India and Nepal in the 70s (a jacket for Jimi Hendrix and some stuff for the musical Hair), tried being a free lance journalist for some time after his first solo album bommed, but is now performing again with his band, only the big cities aren't interested in his music, and neither are radio stations. Playing out in the country is successfull, but they don't make a lot of money, they only make good friends.

He has trouble getting airplay: radio stations play classic oldies like Elton John and The Eagles for older audiences. He can't believe people aren't fed up with that old shit (he's got a point there). Chris makes this Zydeco, Cajun, Country, Blues stuff that fits nowhere. He says he should have been more commercial from the start if he wanted to become bigger.
Having your picture in the tabloids on a daily basis like Kyli Minogue helps too he says.

Despite having David Gilmour of Pink Floyd and his own brotha Mick on his new album, it's not a garantuee for success he says.

He says that it's impossible to open for the Stones, because it's big business and his band won't make the record company and the promotors any money, so he can forget about a place on the Stones tour, the organisation wouldn't think of asking him. He also says that Mick can only do so much, we shouldn't overestimate his power in all this...

He grows his own vegetables on a little farm, away from the people and he should be careful not to become disengaged, so he goes out to watch some local bands now and again. When the interviewer was there, Chris was sorting through bills and gasoline receipts to get out his tax things on time.

He adds that never in his life would he attend a large rock show in a stadium with 60,000 people.
8th May 2006 02:24 PM
jb Thanks..howe depressing. Mick is worth about 400 million..you think he helps him out at all? What about Basil?
8th May 2006 02:28 PM
Angiegirl I would think they help him like any normal family would, but I also imagine he wants to live his own life, and doesn't want any favors from Mick, like money and such. Besides, Mick's cheap, we all know that, that's why he's so rich innit??
8th May 2006 03:13 PM
Dick Bush Chris unfortunately never was a very gifted musician, but there are thousends of less talented people who made fortunes with commercial rubbish, without having the unique priviledge of being Mick's little brother. He was going his way, and that's from my point of view, absolutely OK.

Mick always was a butt ass cold person, so I don't wonder much he is not a very supportive brother.

On the other hand, wasn't that brilliantly smart, stingy and greedy guy - who understood how to keep the bloodsuckers awas from his money, and a uniquely exciting stage performer - a perfect complement for a benign musical genius like Keef? Frankly, how far could lil, philantropic but very excentric Keef go without Mick?

Keef and Mick - they were, and still are, a living yin and yang. It is their interaction and their perpetual combatting what made their outstanding music - very long time ago, of course - and success.

It' good to know that Chris has at least much better hair than his big brother

[Edited by Dick Bush]
8th May 2006 04:52 PM
jb This guy deserves our sympathies....Mick probably sends him a holiday basket of his solo cd's.
8th May 2006 04:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This guy deserves our sympathies....Mick probably sends him a holiday basket of his solo cd's.

and copies of Ruthless People, Bent, and Freejack
8th May 2006 05:20 PM
Angiegirl Nah, he couldn't possibly hate him *that* much!
8th May 2006 05:24 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jb wrote:
This guy deserves our sympathies....Mick probably sends him a holiday basket of his solo cd's.

Whenever bad Brenda thoughts start overwhelming you, just go praying. Though I think some wanking would help you more
8th May 2006 05:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
Though I think some wanking would help you more

I think that was the cause rather.
9th May 2006 05:35 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I think that was the cause rather.

Angy,

You're a bad, bad girl!

In fact, you're evil!!

Now would you please get down of my back and be ashamed of yourself for a while ?

9th May 2006 05:52 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
In fact, you're evil!!

I am, yes, I'm Lucifer!

Be worried.

Be verrrry worried.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)