ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bullshit! Return to archive
7th May 2006 04:49 PM
DizzyDutchman Hi Guys!!!

why all those keith topics??
all that fucking ''news'' about keith and his fckin' brain...

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

keith is allright guys, he's already at home in connecticut with his family.

the european tour is gonna kick of in barcelona at may the 27th as planned!!!

all the other so called ''news'' is BULLSHIT!!!

see you in Holland Keith,

Dizzy
8th May 2006 07:29 AM
corgi37 Phew, finally someone who knows whats going on.
8th May 2006 07:47 AM
Daethgod dude he is still in NZ

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19062516%255E1702,00.html

Keith Richards 'recovers after surgery'
From correspondents in Wellington
08may06

ROLLING Stones guitarist Keith Richards had surgery to relieve a blood clot on his brain caused by an accident while holidaying in Fiji, local media reported today.

The 62-year-old rocker was recovering in New Zealand after "brain surgery", Australian and New Zealand media reported.

A spokeswoman for the band said last week that Richards only suffered a mild concussion from an accident in Fiji in late April and would not require surgery.

The New Zealand Herald reported that Richards underwent brain surgery to relieve a subdural haematoma or blood clot on the brain. The operation normally involves drilling a hole through the skull to drain the clot.

Subdural haematoma can be caused by mild knocks to the head.

"The Herald understands the 62-year-old's condition was much more serious than previously reported," the newspaper said, but did not quote any hospital or medical officials.

"The operation was for a subdural haematoma, a blood clot that forms in the outer membranes of the brain, often from a torn vein.".

ABC radio also reported that Richards had undergone surgery and remained in New Zealand under observation.

Auckland's Ascot Hospital told Reuters today that Richards had been discharged but would give no further details.

"I can confirm that he was discharged ... but other than that I can't make any comment. The hospital's policy is quite clear that we don't discuss any patients' past, present or future," the spokesman said.

Richards was flown to Auckland, New Zealand, in late April after an accident while holidaying in Fiji following the end of the Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand leg of a world tour.

A band spokeswoman said last week that Richards had been discharged and was in "good spirits" and adamant he would join the rest of the Stones in Barcelona for the kick-off of the European leg of their tour on May 27.

Along with lead singer Mick Jagger, Richards has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the 1960s.

His history of arrests and drug abuse in younger years has given him the reputation as rock 'n' roll's ultimate survivor. He pokes fun at his chequered past by greeting concert audiences with the catchphrase, "Good to be here, good to be anywhere".

He has suffered his fair share of freak accidents.

In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library. In 1990, one of his fingers got infected after he punctured it on a guitar string. In both cases, the Stones were forced to postpone concerts.
8th May 2006 08:14 AM
gimmekeef Where theres smoke ...theres fire...Keith did have surgery...he's fine..Europe delayed until June...
8th May 2006 09:09 AM
DizzyDutchman yep, i was wrong....
keith did have an operation
i'm glad he's allright now!

but what are they gonna do with all those european dates?

Dizzy
8th May 2006 09:26 AM
Gazza well at the minute we dont know how many will have to be rearranged

One thing's pretty sure - the Euro tour will NOT be ending on August 29th in Cardiff.

and when you get into September, you have problems getting stadiums due to the football season - although some of the venues being used early on in Europe that may be affected arent football stadiums. They still have a few gaps in the European schedule but they wont fill them all as theres no way they'll do a 3 month tour without a few days off st some point

The knock on effect of this that if the end of the European tour is put back, this will have an effect on the rumoured US and Asian dates - the US leg was supposedly due to begin about 3-4 weeks after Europe.
8th May 2006 09:39 AM
gimmekeef I doubt any decision on US Fall will be made until they see just how far along Keith is..and whether they even want to come back over here..I've doubted Fall rumors since Day 1..but of course would love to be proven wrong....again!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)