ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Do You Think About... (NSC) Return to archive
7th May 2006 10:12 AM
Madafaka The latest Pearl Jam album?
I've heard it twice a day since I bought it. It's simply AMAZING!

Life Wasted
World Wide Suicide
Comatose
Severed Hand
Marker In The Sand
Parachutes
Unemployable
Big Wave
Gone
Wasted Reprise
Army Reserve
Come Back
Inside Job
7th May 2006 10:45 AM
Barney Fife Well, if it sounds anything like Pearl Jam, I highly doubt I'll like it!
7th May 2006 10:50 AM
lotsajizz it's good...I preferred Binaural and Riot Act as of today, but it's early in listening yet...the first two cuts 'Life Wasted' and 'World Wide Suicide' and the ballad 'Come Back' are as good as anything they've ever done....I'm psyched they're back on the road!!

7th May 2006 07:12 PM
Spru I absolutely love it, I think it shows how much they've grown, yet it shows how they still know how to grunge it up a bit. Great album, one of my favorites of theirs already. My favorites are Life Wasted, Severed Hand, and Marker in the Sand.
8th May 2006 07:28 AM
corgi37 Aint it spooky that old buddies/collaborators PJ and Neil Young release stuff so close together?

Well, not really, but i want to boost my post count.
8th May 2006 07:27 PM
Soldatti It's a great album, much better than the last one IMO.
8th May 2006 09:29 PM
pdog The music is the best I've heard from them in years. Too bad eddie is the singer. I think his vocals have become more tolerable, or I'm just used to him. His voice is the only thing keeping me from really digging this band. I don't mind hearing them, but I don't buy the music or go to the shows.New RHCP's tomorrow, I like them alot!
8th May 2006 09:31 PM
lotsajizz Eddie has one of the most powerful and expressive voices in rock...ever hear 'Grievance' or 'Blood'?

8th May 2006 09:56 PM
Dan Pearl Jam was interesting for a few minutes, then got boring really quick. Kinda like the new song I heard on the radio but not enough to buy the album. I hardly ever buy CDs anymroe. New releases coming up I plan on getting are Peeping Tom and Cheap Trick. Also getting the new Mudhoney CD soon.
8th May 2006 10:43 PM
Spru
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Eddie has one of the most powerful and expressive voices in rock...ever hear 'Grievance' or 'Blood'?

Both awesome tracks, Grievance is one of my favorites. Eddie and PJ at their best.
8th May 2006 11:50 PM
voodoopug Riot Act had two very good songs: Love Boat Captain and Green Disease along with sone other good songs for the live show (Can't Keep, Bushleaguer, Crop Duster, and Thumbing My Way), but the new release seems to be their best since Yield. I can't wait to hear them play Comatose and Come Back live several times and World Wide Suicide is a great single. Severed hand and Marker in the Sand are also single worthy. This is a very strong album from a band just getting to a crossroad and I think they took the right road with this one. Matt Cameron's Harmony Vocals have added quite a bit.

now we gotta see them play Satans Bed (not that drunken performance from Penn State 2003) and Leash live again.
9th May 2006 02:31 PM
CraigP It's Pearl Jam's greatest effort in many years.

It has a mix of moods/sounds with bits and pieces of their previous albums, along with a new bite.

I'm seeing them live for the 3rd time the end of this month.

Excellent band, live and in-studio.
9th May 2006 02:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
CraigP wrote:
It's Pearl Jam's greatest effort in many years.

It has a mix of moods/sounds with bits and pieces of their previous albums, along with a new bite.

I'm seeing them live for the 3rd time the end of this month.

Excellent band, live and in-studio.

I am seeing three shows next week as well!
9th May 2006 02:41 PM
jb Not my cup of tea.........
9th May 2006 02:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Not my cup of tea.........

Ha Tea....I would expect it to "Not be your glass of Johnny Walker Blue Label" Not Tea.....come to Bartlett....come to class!
9th May 2006 02:47 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Ha Tea....I would expect it to "Not be your glass of Johnny Walker Blue Label" Not Tea.....come to Bartlett....come to class!

Saint Sway has truly had the upper hand with you today!!!! You must re-"tool" and hope for a better tommorrow.
9th May 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Saint Sway has truly had the upper hand with you today!!!! You must re-"tool" and hope for a better tommorrow.

9th May 2006 03:33 PM
glencar Sad yet true. You've let me down, Pluggy!
9th May 2006 03:34 PM
glencar You are the David Blaine of today's board.
9th May 2006 03:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
You are the David Blaine of today's board.

humorous...good posting.
9th May 2006 08:38 PM
glencar I'm simply the best, no?
9th May 2006 10:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm simply the best, no?

I have been warned several times when I have proclaimed myself the best....Joey is the one who raises the bar and is the reason we are all here.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)