ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great Keith Toronto Article Return to archive
7th May 2006 09:11 AM
gimmekeef This was posted over on Shidoobee...nice perspective on the Riffmaster:

toronto globe and mail, entire column:

www.theglobeandmail.com/s...ent/Music/

excerpts:

Some people say Keith Richards hasn't aged well. What they mean, of course, is that in the great conga line of Botoxed, breast-sculptured, personal-trainered, South-Beach-dieting, yoga-pretzled, old-age-phobic, health-and-youth delusionists whose nipped and tucked faces gargoyle out at us from the front covers of the celebrity magazines -- Keith Richards refuses to hop in sequence...

I like him because he knows who he is. When the preening front-man Mick Jagger strutted, where Sir Elton and Sir Paul and Sir Bob Geldof had pranced before him, into the meretricious embrace of the British honours system, and accepted knighthoods, it was plain man Keith who was the real rock star that day.

"I don't want to step out onstage with someone wearing a coronet and sporting the old ermine," Keith told British music magazine Uncut in an expletive-rich interview. "I told Mick it's a paltry honour. . . . It's not what the Stones is about, is it?"

Ah, to have heard the expletives, but "paltry," you'll agree, is perfect.

I liked it, too, when he declined the world-wide exhibition of the superfamous and the superrich when they gave of their glamorous time to Make Poverty History. He asked the right questions and made the right remarks.

To Uncut magazine, he said: "I mean, who's this gratifying, and where are the Africans? Where was their say?" Referring to the pressure on him to participate, he said, "Oh yeah, all the Sirs had a bash, believe me."

"All the Sirs had a bash." There's a T-shirt slogan worth a million "I care" wristbands...

So it is good to hear that Keith Richards is still falling out of trees. He may be the only one in the whole parade of what we deliriously call rock icons who still keeps some honest sense of abandon -- which is the heart of music, rock and roll or otherwise -- and who doesn't worship his own battered image. The rest of them are plutocrats and poseurs. But Keith Richards is in a palm tree all by himself. (Or, as the case may be, just beneath one.)
7th May 2006 08:53 PM
Spru Great fuckin article, couldn't have said it any better myself.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)