ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Official Recomendation for RS.com fanclub membership Return to archive
6th May 2006 02:28 PM
voodoopug Using ADDA I have dervived the following:

After Assessing (A):

1. If you are a "Legacy Import" from 2004, I suggest re-upping. We had no problem joining in 2004 without the promise of a tour and were rewarded with OUTSTANDING SEATS. I suspect we may be rewarded again during mini tour as rewarding seniority seems to be a trend in fan club ticketing.

2. DO NOT re-up if you purchased a membership after May 10, 2005 or thru Ticketmaster. Those tickets were no better than could be had through venue presales and regular public onsale.

My Decision (D)

I am deciding up re-up my legacy import membership. ($100 really is not that much)

Dictate (D) allow this post to represent my dictation and confirmation of membership renewal.

ACT (A)

My credit card info has been updated with rollingstones.com I have until July 1 to decide differently if band health leads to a cancelation of future shows.

I suggest all follow my lead!
6th May 2006 02:37 PM
Dan However, if you don't mind going alone or not having the security blanket of holding overpriced tickets months in advance, its also quite easy to get a great seat without a fan club membership, especially in B/C markets (see Fresno).
6th May 2006 02:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
However, if you don't mind going alone or not having the security blanket of holding overpriced tickets months in advance, its also quite easy to get a great seat without a fan club membership, especially in B/C markets (see Fresno).

While I generally disagree with your take on concert ethics, you hit this one right on the head.

If you are planning on going alone, I definitely advise against fan clubs and recommend using brokers/scalpers close to showtime/day.

Most people who drop the big dollars on tickets to be in front do not mind paying $100 extra, I sure didnt mind paying that to get my great opening night Fenway tickets. For those who use all resources to purchase a front ticket at or below face will not use a fan club system anyway and has more time to dedicate to the hunt (more power to you!).

Unfortunately, I rarely have enough spare time to exhaust the alternative legal options. It did work for me the two times I did it last tour though.
6th May 2006 02:49 PM
Dan The thing is too is that I have been to around 500-600 (or more) concerts in my life so its hard to excited anymore. The thrill of the hunt brings a little bit of that excitement back. Even if the concert isn't that good, its quite a rush getting a ticket in the $0-20 range outside. (Last year, including the Stones, I spent about $250-300 on 25 gigs).
6th May 2006 03:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
The thing is too is that I have been to around 500-600 (or more) concerts in my life so its hard to excited anymore. The thrill of the hunt brings a little bit of that excitement back. Even if the concert isn't that good, its quite a rush getting a ticket in the $0-20 range outside. (Last year, including the Stones, I spent about $250-300 on 25 gigs).

Jeez...in the last year or so, I have spent about 15-20K on tickets and travel to about 20 concerts (counting the upcoming Pearl Jam tour, leg one and two)
6th May 2006 03:19 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Jeez...in the last year or so, I have spent about 15-20K on tickets and travel to about 20 concerts (counting the upcoming Pearl Jam tour, leg one and two)

I couldn't even imagine... Sure I spent that total since 1988 (when I started going without parents and buying my own tickets). This year is even slower than last year but the average is whacked compared to last year - $80 for Stones at the Forum, $40 for Aerosmith and $8 for Mad Juana, and 4 free record store gigs.
6th May 2006 03:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

I couldn't even imagine... Sure I spent that total since 1988 (when I started going without parents and buying my own tickets). This year is even slower than last year but the average is whacked compared to last year - $80 for Stones at the Forum, $40 for Aerosmith and $8 for Mad Juana, and 4 free record store gigs.

It is not a fun number to add up, but it was a good year professionally and allowed for it.
6th May 2006 04:56 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Sound reasoning, Pug. I'm letting my main membership roll over also. So now we'll see if it pays off in the fall. The way I understand how the membership works, you can always get a refund if you don't use the password associated with the account as long as the membership doesn't expire. I canceled the second membership and asked for a refund since I didn't use the password associated with the account this tour. (Thank you again, Gazza.)
6th May 2006 05:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Sound reasoning, Pug. I'm letting my main membership roll over also. So now we'll see if it pays off in the fall. The way I understand how the membership works, you can always get a refund if you don't use the password associated with the account as long as the membership doesn't expire. I canceled the second membership and asked for a refund since I didn't use the password associated with the account this tour. (Thank you again, Gazza.)

I am not sure if they will offer it for a renewal, but it seems worth the risk!
6th May 2006 08:10 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Unfortunately, I rarely have enough spare time to exhaust the alternative legal options.

You have over 5,000 posts on a Stones message board. I think you may have too much spare time.
6th May 2006 08:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

You have over 5,000 posts on a Stones message board. I think you may have too much spare time.

That is a testament to my abilities to speak to clients, do product research, and provide my family with a lifestyle they only imagined while finding time while in the office to relieve stress on Rocks Off/Shidoobee!
6th May 2006 09:13 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

That is a testament to my abilities to speak to clients, do product research, and provide my family with a lifestyle they only imagined while finding time while in the office to relieve stress on Rocks Off/Shidoobee!

Billing clients for posting on Rocks Off/Shidoobee = lots of money for overpriced concert tickets.
6th May 2006 09:52 PM
Taptrick
I'm not rejoining. Still love the band but I don't think I will go live again.

7th May 2006 05:58 AM
Nellcote Pugernator:

I read the thread on Doug's site which notes that those who signed up prior to May 9 '05 got two years.
So I checked mine, and found this is how it appears:

Current Membership Terms

Current Offer Renewal Date Automatically Renewed
Platinum 2007-05-07 NO

My only question is that I bought the max of four tickets, does this mean that I'm out of luck to purchase four more?

Thanks for your insight, from your 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox, home of Big Papi for another four years friend...

[Edited by Nellcote]
7th May 2006 10:41 AM
chevysales
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Using ADDA I have dervived the following:

After Assessing (A):

1. If you are a "Legacy Import" from 2004, I suggest re-upping. We had no problem joining in 2004 without the promise of a tour and were rewarded with OUTSTANDING SEATS. I suspect we may be rewarded again during mini tour as rewarding seniority seems to be a trend in fan club ticketing.

2. DO NOT re-up if you purchased a membership after May 10, 2005 or thru Ticketmaster. Those tickets were no better than could be had through venue presales and regular public onsale.

My Decision (D)

I am deciding up re-up my legacy import membership. ($100 really is not that much)

Dictate (D) allow this post to represent my dictation and confirmation of membership renewal.

ACT (A)

My credit card info has been updated with rollingstones.com I have until July 1 to decide differently if band health leads to a cancelation of future shows.

I suggest all follow my lead!

my understanding is it is a yearly recurring charge so you have no choice unless you cancel it automaticlly charges your card $100 for new membership.

edit.... after reading nellcote's post i checked and see my legacy membership expires in may 07 so i got 2 years... but bought only 1 ticket thru the fan club.
[Edited by chevysales]
7th May 2006 11:03 AM
gimmekeef I'm betting on no fall mini tour..so they;re not getting any more advance $ from me.Good luck to those that re-up!
8th May 2006 11:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'm betting on no fall mini tour..so they;re not getting any more advance $ from me.Good luck to those that re-up!

I may have to re-evaluate when the status of Keith's ability to re join the band is released. Obviously, if there are no tours upcoming, not worth joining the fan club.
9th May 2006 10:57 AM
Saint Sway after reading this thread, one can only assume that our friend Pug has a really small pee pee.
9th May 2006 11:06 AM
Cocaine Eyes My membership ends in June,'06. I've decided to let them bill me and remain a member at RS.com. With all the money I've spent in my lifetime on the Stones another $100.00 ain't too bad. It's my lifestyle, why end it now?
9th May 2006 11:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
after reading this thread, one can only assume that our friend Pug has a really small pee pee.

After reading your post, one can only assume that our foe Sway can, on occassion, match wits with Rainman.
9th May 2006 12:46 PM
jb I have never joined the club as I buy from brokers at ridiculous prices...thus, for someone wanting to be assured atleast very good seats, at face, the fanclub sounds reasonable.
I spent over 80k on this tour and I feel a little guilty(flying first class, Ritz, Four seasons, ) but I knew this would probably be it, and I don't regret it...I will spend more if they return in the fall....plus I have my son's Bar Mitzvah in Dec(another 50k plus) have ordered the Quattroporte GT(35% faster gear shift) , plus $700 a week for baby assistant.....I am out of control...and truthfully, I have been masterbating more than usual -I think the pressure is getting to me....I find myself going to the LOatina ass sites...
9th May 2006 12:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have never joined the club as I buy from brokers at ridiculous prices...thus, for someone wanting to be assured atleast very good seats, at face, the fanclub sounds reasonable.
I spent over 80k on this tour and I feel a little guilty(flying first class, Ritz, Four seasons, ) but I knew this would probably be it, and I don't regret it...I will spend more if they return in the fall....plus I have my son's Bar Mitzvah in Dec(another 50k plus) have ordered the Quattroporte GT(35% faster gear shift) , plus $700 a week for baby assistant.....I am out of control...and truthfully, I have been masterbating more than usual -I think the pressure is getting to me....I find myself going to the LOatina ass sites...

Dont Feel guilty...we earned it.
9th May 2006 01:12 PM
jb True Pug..............we are #1!!!!!!!!!!!
9th May 2006 01:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
True Pug..............we are #1!!!!!!!!!!!

we have made, and will make dreams come true!
9th May 2006 01:19 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jb wrote:
Ritz, Four seasons

Don't guzzle too much there, buddy.

The more you eat, the more you shit.

9th May 2006 01:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

excessive masturbation should be an Insurable claim.
9th May 2006 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we have made, and will make dreams come true!

Without us(Joey), the board would be dryer than Phyllis Dillers cha-cha.............
9th May 2006 01:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Without us(Joey), the board would be dryer than Phyllis Dillers cha-cha.............

we should be paid.
9th May 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

That is making me dizzy!!!
9th May 2006 02:05 PM
pdog
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

I'M BLIND !!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)