ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman spouting off again Return to archive
6th May 2006 11:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WYMAN'S WARNING TO MOSS
Movie & Entertainment
2006-05-06

Rocker BILL WYMAN has warned supermodel KATE MOSS and her on-off "lunatic" boyfriend PETE DOHERTY they will soon regret their indulgent ways if they fail to quit partying.

The former ROLLING STONES bassist, 69, insists he always drinks tea instead of
booze, and his lifelong rejection of hard drugs has left him in better shape than his contemporaries.

But he watched the 'beautiful people' of the 1960s lose their looks and health through drink and drugs - and he fears Moss and Doherty are careering down the same road.
He says, "Alcohol started hitting you at a certain age. "It's the same with drugs. Look at MARIANNE FAITHFULL. She was a beautiful girl.
"It'll be the same with Kate Moss and that guy she hangs around with. Pete Doherty's a lunatic." (ZJS/WNTMA/GES)

-----------------------------------------------------------

WYMAN HITS OUT AT JAGGER AND RICHARDS
Movie & Entertainment News
2006-05-06 16:30:08 -

BILL WYMAN has slammed his former ROLLING STONES bandmates SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS - insisting they are egomaniacs who only keep rocking because they are incapable of doing anything else.

Wyman, who left the BROWN SUGAR band in 1993,
claims the rest of the group have no choice but to tour indefinitely, feeding of the adulation of their fans.

And the former bassist admits he has better things to do than even give one of their albums a spin.

He says, "If they want to carry on doing it - rolling on and on... then that's up to them. I'm past all that. I've got more interesting things to think about.

"I don't listen to their records any more. I haven't for years.

"I don't see anything fresh or exciting there - that applies to a lot of bands. I just don't think Keith and Mick know how to do anything else.

"They need adulation in their lives. They need people worshipping them, loving them, telling them how fantastic they are."
(ZJS/WNTMA/GES)

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
6th May 2006 11:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man The full interview was in today’s Daily Mail. Wyman also went on to say that Jagger never "got over" the fact that he's slept with more women than him.
6th May 2006 11:40 AM
mrhipfl "I don't listen to their records any more. I haven't for years.

shouldn't it be "our records"? WTF

I think he is dangerously jealous.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
6th May 2006 12:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Wyman also went on to say that Jagger never "got over" the fact that he's slept with more women than him.

The real important stuff, heh?
Tell me what it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

6th May 2006 01:06 PM
Spru Although I disagree with some of what was said there, Bill can obviously say whatever he wants about whoever he wants. However, I would pretty much agree with his assessments of Doherty and Moss.
6th May 2006 01:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

The real important stuff, heh?
Tell me what it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

Well, it doesn’t. I guess it's just the way Wyman is. He was referring to the time in 1964 when he and Brian Jones went through Bills diary and counted how many women he'd slept with. Bill had slept with 200 odd, Brian, a hundred or so, Mick had bedded 30, Keith 6 and Charlie? Zero.

Bill claims that Mick has been trying to "catch up" ever since!
6th May 2006 01:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
....Bills diary and counted how many women he'd slept with. Bill had slept with 200 odd, Brian, a hundred or so, Mick had bedded 30, Keith 6 and Charlie? Zero.

Damn poor Charlie. He must be the ugly duckling of the band. Damn, why don't the chicks dig Charlie? I hope he doesn't feel too rejected.

6th May 2006 01:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The full interview was in today’s Daily Mail. Wyman also went on to say that Jagger never "got over" the fact that he's slept with more women than him.

If he truly said that, Bill Wyman is even more laughable than I thought, and now officially the most clueless, immature geek that ever lived, in or outside of rock. No wonder he likes 13 year old girls. They are his emotional equals.
6th May 2006 01:52 PM
LadyJane Look in the mirror, Bill!!!! Nice wig!!!

Marianne is beautiful.

He's getting VERY annoying in his old age, no???

LJ.

6th May 2006 01:58 PM
lotsajizz
quote:

Damn poor Charlie. He must be the ugly duckling of the band. Damn, why don't the chicks dig Charlie? I hope he doesn't feel too rejected.

Charlie was married by 1964 so he was not interested in such juvenile/'says more about the fucker than the fucked' scoring "games". Unlike some here, I admire someone who can maintain such a relationship as Charlie has for four + decades now....
6th May 2006 02:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:

Charlie got married back then and I guess he just stayed faithful. I'm surprised Keith only bedded 6 though and what the hell was Wyman doing noting it all down? Unless I'm getting COMPLETLEY the wrong end of the stick and Bill, I fact, asked Keith, I'm presuming some spying went on. It's all so fucking juvenile. Yeah, fill you're boots at the time and maybe brag to your mates down the pub, but noting every detail in a diary and telling the world? I find it a little odd.
6th May 2006 07:54 PM
Lethargy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

If he truly said that, Bill Wyman is even more laughable than I thought, and now officially the most clueless, immature geek that ever lived, in or outside of rock. No wonder he likes 13 year old girls. They are his emotional equals.

No kidding, what the hell is Bill's deal? Seriously.

It would be one thing if his rants were consistent. But it's like he's insane. One day he wants to reunite with the stones for an english tour. Next day he says they're pathetic and should have quit years ago. He "quit touring forever" when he broke up the rythym kings, did he not? What a douchebag!
6th May 2006 09:06 PM
the good Does anybody else find the writing in these articles to be as irritating as I do? If I have to hear the "Brown Sugar" band or the "Brown Sugar" guitarist one more time I'm going to puke.
6th May 2006 09:53 PM
Taptrick
Bill is boring, creepy, and redundant.

6th May 2006 11:20 PM
killerbitch It is hard to believe that Bill Wyman would even concern himself
with openly criticizing the lives of his former bandmates. It sounds
like the that article is fraudlent and probably taken out out context
and twisted around. Bill is NOT the least bit interested in how
many chicks Mick had or Keith either. It does NOT even sound
like Bill anyway. I quit believing those stupid stories because they
don't even make any damn sense.
6th May 2006 11:21 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
the good wrote:
Does anybody else find the writing in these articles to be as irritating as I do? If I have to hear the "Brown Sugar" band or the "Brown Sugar" guitarist one more time I'm going to puke.

why?

its so sweet
7th May 2006 12:34 AM
wattsup Other than to his bass, I never paid much attention to Bill Wyman. However, a couple of things seem a bit unusual. It seems he is quite unhappy & always has to be above others & keep score. He alienated his family by changing his name. He claims he loved his first wife for many years & cheated on her (a lot!). kept copius amounts of notes pictures etc. like a president for memoirs. Married a girl so young it would be laughable if not sick. I think it would be safe to say he is a legend in his own mind anyway.
7th May 2006 03:01 AM
maumau marianne is a beautiful woman and the booze has gifted her voice as it did with tom

to say they can't do anything else is a true compliment to rockandrollers

maybe he's right when he say the need adulation

maybe be bill needs some attention
[Edited by maumau]
[Edited by maumau]
7th May 2006 07:30 AM
corgi37 He has small mans syndrome. And he has it bad! He seems to have an amazing need for all and sundry to know "I am happier than them", "I dont need them", "I would hate to do what they do", "I dont listen to them anymore" (which is crap, as stuff like Live Licks would have royalties going to him).

It goes way back. He never got his songs heard. He never got credited for stuff he did get through. He really had the idea for this. He was the one who created the riff for that. And on it goes. And, yes, it goes right to the "I fucked more women than Jagger". In fact, it goes right back to his 1st meeting with the band where he has always stated they liked his amp more than his talent.

His real insecurity is knowing that the only reason he bedded so many women was because he was in a band. He'd still be in a "2 up, 2 down" dump with his sons mother if he wasnt in a band, and deep down, he knows it. It must be noted, even Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden has groupies! The old early 70's joke among groupies was "He's alright, but he wasnt Mick Jagger". That must have tortured Bill.

His small mans syndrome has affected his view on life. He feels more successful bedding so many women. It makes him feel validated. Makes him feel something he will never be. Big! Yet, i'd wager Charlie is the happiest man of the whole band!

His syndrome probably also got fanned by the fact that of all the members in the band, his bass spot was the only one frequently taken over by others. From Keith, to Mick T, to even Ronnie. What Bill DOESNT play on in his many years in the band is fascinating.

I'd say the thing that burns him up most is that when he walked out, he expected the band to race him to the door, begging him to stay. But, as we know, that wasnt the case. He gave his resignation, and it was easily (and maybe gladly) accepted. And, it kills him!

He had the most undemanding and easy ride in rock history. Even more so than Ringo! He gave it up to open a cheezy restaurant and hunt for coins. He claimed a few months ago he was more or less broke. I bet he bitterly looks on his last day in the band, and deep down, blames Jagger/Richards for his leaving. He might not be interested in their recorded output (yeah, 2 studio albums in 9 years!), but i bet like fuck he looks at the tour grosses, slaps his head, goes "D'oh"...

...then goes into his diaries and recalls the time he fucked 9 chicks in Melbourne in 65.
7th May 2006 08:40 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The full interview was in today’s Daily Mail. Wyman also went on to say that Jagger never "got over" the fact that he's slept with more women than him.

Bill needs to re-phrase the term momen...to little underage girls...guess Mick had some standards anyway
7th May 2006 08:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:

WYMAN'S WARNING TO MOSS
Movie & Entertainment
2006-05-06

"... I just don't think Keith and Mick know how to do anything else."

If Mick and Keith didn't know how to do anything else (which is nonsense anyway) they'd still be more of an asset to mankind in general than Bill.
7th May 2006 11:30 AM
Bruno
Corgi said it all.
7th May 2006 12:27 PM
sirmoonie Its hard to believe Wyman lasted in the Stones as long as he did. Keith should have done a Brian Jones number on him after Exile was released.

[Edited by Hack Burns]
[Edited by sirmoonie]
[Thrombically edited]
[Edited by sirmoonie]
7th May 2006 01:16 PM
Soldatti Another Bill's post of the week.
He has a point though.
7th May 2006 07:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WYMAN: 'THE STONES DIDN'T RESPECT ME'

Bassist BILL WYMAN was relieved when he left THE ROLLING STONES in 1993 - as former bandmates SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS had no respect for him. Wyman, 69, shunned drug-taking other than smoking cannabis in the band's early years, and as a result was made to feel like an outcast. And he felt a there was a "lack of appreciation" -

Jagger and Richards frequently expected him to drop everything when they needed him, while still refusing to cooperate when he had other plans. He says, "I'd never felt as if I was really part of the gang. For a start, I wasn't taking drugs. "Sometimes I was the only one who wasn't doing stuff, so I felt like an outcast all the time. "There was other stuff that went on, too: the lack of appreciation for what you're doing, the lack of honesty about your contribution. "The lack of them being respectful of your other life. You had to drop everything, no matter what it was, when they had the inclination. "(Drummer) CHARLIE (WATTS) would say: 'I'm sorry, I'm going to be in Zimbabwe on a wildlife thing." "But they'd say, "You're going to have to cancel."

07/05/2006 21:04

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
7th May 2006 11:50 PM
corgi37 Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th May 2006 04:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT!!!! There's more....................
8th May 2006 04:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "I don't get no respect."
8th May 2006 07:01 AM
corgi37 So, are we led to believe that the fact Bill is increasingly not playing bass from 69 onwards is indicative of his "rebel" spirit, and that he boycotted the studio when ordered to? Doing what he wanted. Showing Jagger/Richards who's boss. Putting his foot down. Laying down the law. Getting some respect.

Or, simply, if he wasnt there, it meant nothing and they could just carry on with who ever was free to play the bass parts? Like, the janitor or the little old lady down the alley who makes the mince pies for the orphans?

Fuck, i just remembered, Bill was miffed that he wasnt in the "Dirty Mac" on the Circus!!

Yep, heroes of rock. Clapton. Lennon. Wyman.
8th May 2006 07:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Its hard to believe Wyman lasted in the Stones as long as he did.

Totally agreed. It's a miracle that he lasted 30 years. Anyway, he was almost absent on many albums (Exile, GHS, Dirty Work)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)