ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Cancel 460 Scalped Tickets in St. Paul Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th May 2006 04:29 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch http://www.tompetty.com/index8.html

5/4/06 – St. Paul scalpers foiled, new fan club presale to be announced
This just in from Tony Dimitriades, manager of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

As promised, we have continued to investigate how our fan club tickets were acquired and distributed during last week’s presales, particularly in Minnesota. And with the help of the folks at Ticketmaster and Signatures, who at our request have scoured scalper and secondary ticket outlets, we have identified approximately 460 tickets for the June 26 and 27 concerts at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. that were allocated for Highway Companions Club members, but which were either resold or acquired by scalpers in clear violation of the fan club conditions of membership.

THOSE TICKETS HAVE NOW BEEN CANCELED ALONG WITH THE ASSOCIATED FAN CLUB MEMBERSHIPS. We will make these tickets available to fan club members who comply with the conditions of fan club membership and are willing to pick up their tickets at a special fan club Will Call window on the night of the show. In order to accomplish this, a new Internet on-sale of these tickets open only to fan club members will be announced shortly.

**Please DO NOT CALL Ticketmaster, the Fan Club, or the building box office regarding your tickets. Cancellation emails have been sent via email to the address associated with the Ticketmaster transaction. If you did not post your tickets for resale, your order should not have been canceled. If you did not receive a cancellation email, but you are concerned about your tickets, or if you purchased tickets from any source other than Ticketmaster, you may check our posting of the canceled seat locations. If you purchased tickets from an unauthorized source, and those tickets were canceled, your only recourse is through the unauthorized seller.
We will continue to be vigilant and to make every effort to make the fan club an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all members. In fact, last Tuesday, we were able to identify and remedy within minutes a problem at the Denver presale.

An apology from the Pepsi Center's box office manager will be found elsewhere on TomPetty.com, and those fans who purchased bad tickets inadvertently released from an inventory other than that set aside for the fan club will be contacted and offered better tickets.

By now, you are probably also aware that we have responded to your ticketing concerns and desires by changing the way fan club tickets are delivered. Beginning with this week’s presales (ie. Those from May 2 onwards), Highway Companions Club members will be required to pick up their tickets from a special fan club will call window. Tickets will only be released to members who can show an ID and the credit card that matches their ticket purchase information.

To be clear, only the St. Paul tickets that have been canceled will be re-sold to fan club members, and it is only those tickets that will be required to be picked up at will call with proper identification. All other St. Paul fan club tickets purchased in last week’s presale will remain valid.

We don’t claim to have completely eliminated all reselling activity on these or any other shows, but this is definitely a step in the right direction and a major strike on behalf of the good guys.

Our thanks to Xcel Energy Center, Ticketmaster, Signatures and the promoters Jam Productions, all of whom responded to the call with total commitment and all their resources.

Someone estimated that the scalpers would be out about 50 grand between the loss of the ticket cost and fan club membership. A drop in the scalping bucket, but a start...
5th May 2006 05:06 PM
pdog Good job!
5th May 2006 05:11 PM
Martha BUSTED Ronnie! Egads!

I want tix for both Pepsi Can shows..they go on sale to the general public tomorrow @10 am MT. Getting them will be a feat.
6th May 2006 12:30 PM
Martha Good Golly Miss Molly! We got tix for BOTH nights! Had 2 computers going and got kicked out first go-round..then bingo! Got lucky....but dreamed about Bob last night( He had Einstein like hair) so maybe I was "helped"...and talking to you LJ helped also. ;-)

We tried again to see what might pop and by 8 minutes in both shows are locked out.

Anyone else going to either show at the Pepsi Can?

Joey??????????????????????????????????????????

Jaxx??????????????????????????????????????????

TMR???????????????????????????????????????????

peace out,
Maaaaaaaaaaartha!

6th May 2006 01:03 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Great Martha! Glad you got tickets you're happy with. I considered going to the Denver show since I have family that direction. Also the Rainbow Festival is out that way this year during the Fourth of July. I spent over an hour looking for a single for a friend ths morning for both nights of Summerfest and was only "lucky" with the seat for one night. I scored good seats (3rd and 8th row) for both nights of Summerfest through the HCC. It was well worth popping $30 for the presale opportunity.

I hope more bands follow where their fan club tickets go. The fans spend a lot of time and money on bands and deserve some respect. It's time someone stuck it to the scalpers instead of the other way around! Kudos to Tony D.
6th May 2006 02:23 PM
voodoopug Glad to see Petty (Pearl Jam involved too!) taking care of their core fans!
6th May 2006 07:51 PM
Lethargy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Glad to see Petty (Pearl Jam involved too!) taking care of their core fans!

You're right pug, I'm impressed too! I don't think any other band has so agressively dealt with this issue, at least not successfully. Good for Petty, this is great. More bands should do the same.
8th May 2006 12:06 AM
jb Fuck Petty and Pearl Jam..it's called capitalism..if they want to do some good, donate their millions to the poor....stop worrying about people who like them enough to spend big money on tickets..I am so sick of the high ticket price complainers..life has never been fair...those who can afford to pay, get better treatment in all aspects of life..including a concert................
8th May 2006 12:50 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Petty and Pearl Jam don't want to have to look at a "golden circle" of boorish, capitalists for an entire concert. You know the type: Corporate VIPs with their corporate seats courtesy of one glad hand or another. People who can afford to be in the front but really don't have any interest in listening to the music. Half they time they aren't familiar with the music except the "hits." The only desire they have is to be there is the desire to be "seen." “Life’s a cocktail party.” People who get up repeatedly during the concert and talk on their cell phones or two each other during the new songs or solos. It's a bummer for the fans who actually like the music to have to deal being either next to these bores or watching their behavior from a distance. It’s a bummer for the musicians' on stage. It’s not very inspiring. I'm guessing Petty and Pearl Jam consider themselves more artists than entertainers. Watching out for their fan base and where their tickets go isn't just about the money.
8th May 2006 02:43 AM
padre Just bought the "Sound Stage" -dvd from Petty. He really is a cool guy. A strong 22 song set with only two warhorses (Refugee and I Won't Back Down). It's great to see that he's not gotten jammed in just playing the old hits (well, he never was!). And the crowd seems pleased.
Reminded me that maybe The Stones could do this too if they wanted...
8th May 2006 03:12 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck Petty and Pearl Jam..it's called capitalism..if they want to do some good, donate their millions to the poor....stop worrying about people who like them enough to spend big money on tickets..I am so sick of the high ticket price complainers..life has never been fair...those who can afford to pay, get better treatment in all aspects of life..including a concert................

Hahahahaha, dude, I hate to be the one to have to tell you, but THATS good posting!!!

Now, of course, part of the contract of becoming a Tom Petty fan club member is agreeing not to re-sell the tickets you score so I can't really cry for the people for who got burned. I remember the same conditions on my Stones Wiltern tickets. So in that case I didn't succumb to temptation...

But yeah I am guilty of scoring good $50 seats for bands I realized I don't really care about and deciding I would rather have good Stones seats instead. So sue me, I am a capitalist. I am not a scalper by profession or hobby but this *is* the land of opportunity, and scoring the right concert tickets can provide many great opportunities. I just now wish I could have scored even better Stones tickets knowing there are people like JB out there.
8th May 2006 03:49 AM
jostorm A) How great to see that there are actually fan clubs out there that are run FOR their fans....How nice it would be if RS.Com was a little bit like that....

B) as to you, jb , you posted :"Fuck Petty and Pearl Jam..it's called capitalism..if they want to do some good, donate their millions to the poor....stop worrying about people who like them enough to spend big money on tickets..I am so sick of the high ticket price complainers..life has never been fair...those who can afford to pay, get better treatment in all aspects of life..including a concert................"

you keep missing the point! A fan who pays 100$ for a membership promising certain "special privileges" may expect a tad more than a lousy baseball cap, the minimum would be that his grievances are listened to with a sympathetic ear and that an effort is made in putting wrong things right. The Tom Petty fan club clearly did just that, good on them!

Personally, the complainers of high ticket pricing make me far less sick than all your "I'vegotloadsofmoney"postings. I wish I could post a picture of the breakfast you just made me bring back, sadly I'm too computer illiterate to do that...
I gather it isn't your fault and that you are simply the product of living in a system where only the amount of money you make speaks for your worth as a human being, so in a way I feel sorry for you, even if you can be very funny at times....
8th May 2006 10:34 AM
jb I am not condoning the fact that the average fan gets screwed...and yes, being up fromnt with the corporate types at many Stones shows, is infuriating as they could care less about the show. Nonetheless, it really does come down to money whether [w]e like it or not. Take the SuperBowl for example...are the real fans going at $500 face value and , in reality, much more via the scalper/brokers? it's the same for the concert business......it far worse being a Stones fan, beleive me...It cost me a small fortune to get great seats....I understand that Petty and Pearl Jam have good intentions, but it will never work...the concert industry has more graft and corruption than most businesses.
8th May 2006 11:54 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch "the concert industry has more graft and corruption than most businesses"

Ticketmaster is for all purposes a monopoly. The concert industry IS a racket. The fix is in for every concert at every venue for every on sale date- including fan club presales, radio password presales and allotments for season ticket holders. Ticketmaster holds the hands of it's regular scalpers/brokers who buy tickets for the less popular shows as well as the "big pay off" shows. Ticketmaster outlets will let scalpers in ahead of the regular fan and sell them BLOCKS of seats before the on sale time or make sure they're first in line. I had a friend who worked at an outlet and it was common practice. I've had the unfortunate personal experience of going downtown to the Chicago United Center box office to wait in line well ahead of the "usual" time to draw the lottery tickets to see where your place will be in line only to be told that instead of doing that draw at 8am- it was at 7am...and guess WHO the only people who knew about that were?? The outlets, the ticket sellers and the management at the venues is not letting these scalpers in early out of the kindness of their heart. Everyone is skimming the cream off the top.

At least now there's a fan club where if you're lucky, maybe you'll end up with a decent seat, among other fans, and the profits are all going to their intended receiver and not some fat cat middle man who does nothing but work a corrupt system. But don't worry about the scalpers...the fan clubs block of tickets (which is 1,000-1,500 depending on the venue) is nothing but a drop in the bucket to them. For the most part it will be business as usual at Ticketbastard.
8th May 2006 11:56 AM
jb Good post!!!
8th May 2006 12:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck Petty and Pearl Jam..it's called capitalism..if they want to do some good, donate their millions to the poor....stop worrying about people who like them enough to spend big money on tickets..I am so sick of the high ticket price complainers..life has never been fair...those who can afford to pay, get better treatment in all aspects of life..including a concert................

you must look past this. This is not just a method to get fans up front, this is extremely well timed/planned marketing to make both bands look good to the common fan. In turn, an act like this sells more tickets (people will try to buy the re released tickets and then if they miss out, purchase general onsale tickets).

Think as a businessman, not as a wealthy lawyer.
8th May 2006 01:45 PM
jostorm "wealthy lawyer" being the definition of "the opposite of an oxymoron", I presume????
I know that that is how the World goes round, I'm old enough to have seen through this a while ago, BUT it still is heartwarming that there are actually fan clubs out there that LISTEN to and ACT in their member's interest....
When it comes to the moment where I ask for a refund for the 8 Madrid FOS tickets and the 2 RS.com memberships I aquired those tickets with, I shall probably wish it was the Tom Petty Fan Club I was dealing with.....

And , as to the Superbowl, I don't know anything about it, (basketball? or that weird game you call football, for which you wear more defensive gear than a soldier patrolling Basra?) but I sometimes ask myself how the average American family actually manages to, for example, take the kids to a baseball game at the weekends, presumably not everyone is on a wealthy lawyer's salary on your side of the pond??......And does it really not strike you as odd,not even a teensy little bit, that every type of enjoyable entertainment should have become a privilege for the rich and the rich only???

8th May 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
"wealthy lawyer" being the definition of "the opposite of an oxymoron", I presume????
I know that that is how the World goes round, I'm old enough to have seen through this a while ago, BUT it still is heartwarming that there are actually fan clubs out there that LISTEN to and ACT in their member's interest....
When it comes to the moment where I ask for a refund for the 8 Madrid FOS tickets and the 2 RS.com memberships I aquired those tickets with, I shall probably wish it was the Tom Petty Fan Club I was dealing with.....

And , as to the Superbowl, I don't know anything about it, (basketball? or that weird game you call football, for which you wear more defensive gear than a soldier patrolling Basra?) but I sometimes ask myself how the average American family actually manages to, for example, take the kids to a baseball game at the weekends, presumably not everyone is on a wealthy lawyer's salary on your side of the pond??......And does it really not strike you as odd,not even a teensy little bit, that every type of enjoyable entertainment should have become a privilege for the rich and the rich only???

Quality posting!!! And yes, Superbowl is men in pad and helmets catching a football(not futbol). Also, sporting events, like Basketball, Football, Hockey are very expensive...the only sport that the average "joe" can go with his kids andf not break the vault is baseball..
8th May 2006 02:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Quality posting!!! And yes, Superbowl is men in pad and helmets catching a football(not futbol). Also, sporting events, like Basketball, Football, Hockey are very expensive...the only sport that the average "joe" can go with his kids andf not break the vault is baseball..

agreed, baseball in Chicago (White Sox....not that crap they play in Wrigley) is very affordable and with the revamped public transportation security/safety, it is easy for the average family to come see the World Champs.
8th May 2006 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

agreed, baseball in Chicago (White Sox....not that crap they play in Wrigley) is very affordable and with the revamped public transportation security/safety, it is easy for the average family to come see the World Champs.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/4person.html
8th May 2006 02:14 PM
pdog As long as the AL uses a DH, I consider the game of baseball tarnished. Drugs, not a real problem compared to how badly the game is ruined by the DH...
8th May 2006 02:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

FLorida has a very low median income...many would not be able to live, especially live well, in Illinois on their current wages!
8th May 2006 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
As long as the AL uses a DH, I consider the game of baseball tarnished. Drugs, not a real problem compared to how badly the game is ruined by the DH...

Mark Prior has ruined baseball by establishing that it is ok to be a complete pansy and collect your large salary because you are afraid to feel any pain whatsoever. and then there is Brittle Wood....ugh
8th May 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

Florida has been humiliated as we have rtoo many retirees skewing the poll!!!!
8th May 2006 02:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Florida has been humiliated as we have rtoo many retirees skewing the poll!!!!

Is Boca considered to be as elite/exclusive as the Bartlett/Barington area is in Illinois?
8th May 2006 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Is Boca considered to be as elite/exclusive as the Bartlett/Barington area is in Illinois?

No comparison.....we drive Bentley's and Ferrari's while they(you) drive Durango's!!!
8th May 2006 02:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

No comparison.....we drive Bentley's and Ferrari's while they(you) drive Durango's!!!

and Endeavors!

Btw...I recall hearing you do not drive a Bentley or a Ferrari and cannot at this time afford a masseratti?
[Edited by voodoopug]
8th May 2006 02:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/37118.html
http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/41580.html
http://www.muninetguide.com/states/illinois/municipality/South_Barrington.php
http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/41707.html

Completely Humiliating as the average income in Bartlett surpasses that of the elite Boca Raton...lets not even look at Barington or South Barington which exponentially crush Boca "Walmart" Raton!!
8th May 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/37118.html
http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/41580.html
http://www.muninetguide.com/states/illinois/municipality/South_Barrington.php
http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/41707.html

Completely Humiliating as the average income in Bartlett surpasses that of the elite Boca Raton...lets not even look at Barington or South Barington which exponentially crush Boca "Walmart" Raton!!

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/index.php?src=news&category=Local+News&prid=11846&PHPSESSID=c26d358a021389932c35095749442b3d
8th May 2006 02:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/index.php?src=news&category=Local+News&prid=11846&PHPSESSID=c26d358a021389932c35095749442b3d

allow me to post:

Study: Money, not terrorism No. 1 concern for super-rich in Boca for first time since 9/11

Published Monday, June 13, 2005 1:00 am
by By Sean Salai

An annual study released this weekend on the wealthiest one percent of Americans, many of who live in the Boca Raton area, shows that money has replaced terrorism as the top concern of the affluent for the first time since the 9/11 terror attacks.

“The concern of the affluent market has returned to its traditional place: the finances of future generations. From our first survey in 1993 until 9/11, that had always been their top concern,” said Mark Stevens, Southeast Region director of U.S. Trust Corporation, which commissions the annual survey of affluent Americans for private clients.

Asked if Boca-area residents comprised a disproportionate percentage of affluent Americans, Stevens said “That’s why we have an office in Palm Beach.”

More than 80 percent of the wealthy Americans surveyed said they were concerned that the next generation, their own children included, will have a more difficult time than they did, up from 75 percent in 2004. Concern over terrorism’s impact on the economy and securities market dropped from 90 percent to 77 percent, making it their number-two concern for the next 12 months.

Affluent survey respondents also expressed fears about educational costs, their own retirements and the stock market.

Confidence in the stock market dropped 18 percentage points over last year’s survey, with the real estate and natural resources/energy markets getting the most optimistic response.

Social Security was also a concern. Approximately 69 percent of those surveyed said they favored private accounts and 70 percent said they opposed paying benefits to those who haven’t paid money into the system.

Stevens said the annual survey is “essentially a public service” intended to let people know how America’s super-rich view the world.

He added that the affluent sector of South Florida was rapidly changing from retiree-dominated to include more young businessmen on the make.

“There’s really a mix,” Stevens said. “The stereotype about Boca is still that it’s a retiree market, and there’s certainly a concentration, but more and more we’re dealing with individuals in the 40s and 50s who are still in the process of building their businesses.”

U.S. Trust is part of the Charles Schwab Corporation.

Sean Salai can be reached at [email protected] or 561-893-6427.

Send this page to a friend

I also hear that many "Bocans" are concerned about early bird fried chicken dinners!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)