ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WIRE & GLASS ........ ( Some Stones Content ) Return to archive
4th May 2006 09:44 AM
Joey " WIRE & GLASS is the new title for the short version of the new Who MiniOpera. The mastering was completed this afternoon by Jon Astley and my chief engineer Myles Clarke, and delivery to Polydor will take place shortly. We are probably going to use a Ross Halfin photo for the CD jacket - keep it simple. My daughter Minta, who works in the film industry, is leading the hunt for a video director.

This new release is the first truly creative piece from the Who for nearly 25 years and I don't want to muddle anything. This is good music. There is a story behind the music, but it doesn't matter much at this point.

I am working hard to make sure we deliver what I most want to see for the Who on tour, which is regular Live webcast elements of our performances, and occasional complete Live shows. Rachel Fuller's IN THE ATTIC is going to provide a presentation-vehicle for all of this, warming up the web for the Who, and providing her own unique brand of music, humour and chat every night. We just heard there is a good chance of Rachel's show being seen later this year on TV - so you may get a chance to see the Who clips she includes in her shows, if everything goes well for her.

The Who begin rehearsing in two weeks, during which time I have to finish the rest of the Who album with Roger - so again, I'm trying to keep the music simple and direct. Our new stage set will allow us to do some new things, and to help tell some stories as yet untold.

We are still on track for release of the Mini-Opera in mid-June, the complete album in mid-September.

It's a very exciting moment. Rachel and I are just about to put up another episode of IN THE ATTIC on TowserTV - she is the Star and I am the Grouch. Her old buddy Mikey is, bizarrely, the crazy one who nonetheless keeps us all on the ground. She has a special guest tonight from the band Squeeze. In fact there are three of them playing. Check in at 1900 UT. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=262&zone=diary

What ?!?! ...... Stones Content ?!?!

Oh , SURE !!!! :

|
|
|
V

Jacky !
4th May 2006 10:26 AM
Dick Bush Hiya Jacky - long time no hear!

4th May 2006 10:30 AM
Some Guy is this thread gay?
4th May 2006 11:07 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
is this thread gay?

No there just friends I'm sure.......A Who mini opera?...wow cant wait for that turd to drop....
4th May 2006 11:14 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
is this thread gay?

Homer,

You've got great lips, why not keeping them close together

4th May 2006 11:14 AM
glencar It'll stink BIGTIME!
4th May 2006 11:40 AM
Joey

That's it ......... I am leaving the board

I'm NOT kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th May 2006 11:41 AM
Some Guy worst who ever
4th May 2006 12:04 PM
glencar Not that Tommy wowed me but Petey should stop trying to relive that.
4th May 2006 12:08 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not that Tommy wowed me but Petey should stop trying to relive that.

OK !

I'm back .... Thirty Year later and things STILL have not changed very much :

4th May 2006 12:09 PM
glencar Wow, they weren't even "rock's outer limits" back then. TIME as usual was wide of the mark.
4th May 2006 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, they weren't even "rock's outer limits" back then. TIME as usual was wide of the mark.

Has anybody here seen my old friend Steelie?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Steelie , Martin and John.
4th May 2006 12:14 PM
glencar Steelie's hit & miss...
4th May 2006 12:17 PM
glencar See ya later, Joey. Gotta jet.
4th May 2006 01:50 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Joey wrote:

OK !

I'm back .... Thirty Year later and things STILL have not changed very much :

Joykin,

The stone nutters turn a deaf ear to you on Who matter, all the time. They are pitiful, just look how an average looks like! They have no problems at all with Cunts'n'Roses, you may believe. Holy shit!

The two of us are on the wrong, queer place - come to me, I've got the stories to tell!

4th May 2006 03:00 PM
Joey " The two of us are on the wrong, queer place - come to me, I've got the stories to tell! "

4th May 2006 04:13 PM
Joey
I just took my afternoon shit ( ... a Lil' [ Lil' Fiji ] Late today ...... my sincerest apologies ) .

[Edited by Joey]
4th May 2006 05:13 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
pdog wrote:
I can't wait, to not hear this!

P,

You just close your eyes - and think of DUBYA!! I love him because the smart guy might bring the deliverance of all the temporal, terrestrial troubles

5th May 2006 03:05 PM
Joey
" You just close your eyes - and think of DUBYA!! I love him because the smart guy might bring the deliverance of all the temporal, terrestrial troubles "

Ah , Yeah ! :

“There he goes. One of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
6th May 2006 05:11 PM
Joey

" Desire Nothing But Desirelessness .....

Hope for Nothing but to rise above all Hopes ....

Want Nothing .... and you shall have EVERYTHING ! "

6th May 2006 06:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Global farting will be the end of us!
7th May 2006 07:45 AM
corgi37 Yeah, well, i'll see what happens when this comes out. A mini opera in 2006.

Just what the world needs.
7th May 2006 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yeah, well, i'll see what happens when this comes out. A mini opera in 2006.

Just what the world needs.

Corgi is ........ THE KING !!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)