ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can Jimmy Page substitute for Keith? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th May 2006 09:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Turd OnThe Run wrote:

Thats your opinion. Very subjective, and not a fact!

No. Wrong. Would you deny that Michelangelo is a better sculpter than an eight year old with Play-Doh? See,the fact is that a player like Jeff Beck is genuinly a better player than Jimmy Page. No subjectivness to it. He just is. He has more skill. That is a fact! There is nothing subjective about pointing out an obvious fact. In your opinion you may like Page better,but he is not as talented as Beck is. That's just a fact. Hate to break it to you. But there it is.

Riffy
5th May 2006 10:37 PM
Turd OnThe Run
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

See,the fact is that a player like Jeff Beck is genuinly a better player than Jimmy Page. No subjectivness to it. He just is. He has more skill. That is a fact! There is nothing subjective about pointing out an obvious fact.

Riffy

It's all in the mind of the beholder really.
One mans junk is another mans treasure.
It's very subjective!
To say Page is a "finger painter" is ridiculous.
You may think Beck is better, and I might also, but the fact is there are many Page fans out there who would beg to differ. There is no right answer just as there is no wrong answer. As a songwriter/producer, I have to give the nod to Page, but as guitar heroics and virtuoso guitar acrobatics are concerned, I agree with you about Beck.
Saw him a few weeks ago at Hollywood House of Blues. He blew my socks off as always. Still though, I'd rather be stuck on a desert island with Zep's Physical Graffiti album over any of of Beck's albums. There's more substance to Zeppelin's music.

[Edited by Turd OnThe Run]
5th May 2006 11:13 PM
theanchorman
quote:
pdog wrote:
Keith can't solo? WTF? The playing on Sympathy alone is better than anything any other guitar player has ever done. Not for style, or difiiculty. His timing is why. No one plays like Keith... They try to be virtuoso to make up for their lack of timing, but they all fall short. Page resorted to props like a fucking bow... And Page is known for his drug use, that also didn't help his playing. While Keith excelled in the early 70's despite all the heroin.

The solo is SFTD is adequate...nothing more...Keith himself has stated he failed as a lead guitar player...

In regard to your comment about Keith Excelling in the beginning stages of heroin addiction - all the greats did - Keith (Exile), Clapton (Derek & the Dominoes), Joe Perry (Rocks) Page (Physical Graffiti)
5th May 2006 11:42 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 He can play double-neck guitar on Wild Horses and As Tears Go By.
6th May 2006 12:01 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

The solo is SFTD is adequate...nothing more...Keith himself has stated he failed as a lead guitar player...

In regard to your comment about Keith Excelling in the beginning stages of heroin addiction - all the greats did - Keith (Exile), Clapton (Derek & the Dominoes), Joe Perry (Rocks) Page (Physical Graffiti)

_________

Dude, you are way off. Is Keith a great technical guitar player???? Hell no! He's something far more rare - and far more important to the history of R&R. Technique can be learned. What Keith has is a gift.

And I got news for you kid - what Keith has is far more important to Rock n Roll than what a lead guitar player brings - Rock n Roll is about rhythm baby - that beat that goes to the core of your being - that awakens the primordial urge to dance, to fuck, to embrace chaos - and Keith has that ability in spades - as does Charlie. Those two together, along with Bill Wyman, make for perhaps the single greatest R&R/Rhythm n Blues machine in the history of moderd music (though Scotty Moore and Co. certainly rank high as well, as do a few others...)

And SFTD is far beyond "adequate" you fuck-wit. If you don't know that, you don't get the Stones, and you need to get the fuck of this board you pathetic cunt.
6th May 2006 12:10 AM
BONOISLOVE After Steel Wheels, Keith's ability to solo went boom (as in: frivolously bad). PeerQueer, wanna be my Edge tonight?
6th May 2006 12:16 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
After Steel Wheels, Keith's ability to solo went boom (as in: frivolously bad). PeerQueer, wanna be my Edge tonight?

________

I won't argue that point - but I could give a shit about lead guitar solos...

And I am a HUGE Edge fan. He ain't Keith, but the guy has talent. So hell yeah, I'll be your Edge tonight kid...
6th May 2006 12:42 AM
pdog
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

So hell yeah, I'll be your Edge tonight kid...

Get a room !!! LOL!
6th May 2006 02:45 AM
Zack My mind boggles here. Possibly the greatest guitar solo in history is merely adequate. (That's my opinon). Riffy's opinion is fact because it just is.

This reminds me that a Van Gogh painting was sold for 90-odd million bucks the other day. When Van Gogh was alive, he couldn't sell it for five guilders. Is the painting better now than it was in 1890?
6th May 2006 02:47 AM
Zack I meant to say that's "an" opinion on the SFTD solo. Mine is the contrary. It's only noon where I am, but I think I'll have a beer.
6th May 2006 09:11 AM
theanchorman
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

_________

Dude, you are way off. Is Keith a great technical guitar player???? Hell no! He's something far more rare - and far more important to the history of R&R. Technique can be learned. What Keith has is a gift.

And I got news for you kid - what Keith has is far more important to Rock n Roll than what a lead guitar player brings - Rock n Roll is about rhythm baby - that beat that goes to the core of your being - that awakens the primordial urge to dance, to fuck, to embrace chaos - and Keith has that ability in spades - as does Charlie. Those two together, along with Bill Wyman, make for perhaps the single greatest R&R/Rhythm n Blues machine in the history of moderd music (though Scotty Moore and Co. certainly rank high as well, as do a few others...)

And SFTD is far beyond "adequate" you fuck-wit. If you don't know that, you don't get the Stones, and you need to get the fuck of this board you pathetic cunt.

Thanks for the kind words...are you 12? Or just a numb sheep?
6th May 2006 09:14 AM
theanchorman
quote:
Zack wrote:
My mind boggles here. Possibly the greatest guitar solo in history is merely adequate. (That's my opinon). Riffy's opinion is fact because it just is.

Just being honest...I never thought much of the solo in SFTD.
and I am NOT one of the people that is just into solos...

But Keith never impressed me there...
I always thought it would have been interesting to see how Taylor would have handled the solo live in 72/73...
6th May 2006 10:24 AM
Zack I sure they would have handled it the same as 69-70, with them both doing killer solos, Keith first, then MT to the coda.
6th May 2006 11:07 AM
maumau very interesting dialogue...
at least would someone be so kind to change the title of the thread? everytime i see it makes me wanna vomit
suggestion:
jimmy page vs. keith richards
ok
6th May 2006 12:07 PM
voodoopug I shall no longer acknowledge any of the posers who are not accepting of the fact that Keith is not replaceable and is a god among musicians.

Those who disagree have lost all greeting privleges and will miss out on many drinks purchased by me during the mini tour. Do not even approach me as you will be publically shunned!
6th May 2006 12:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

_________

Bravo! Now would someone please put this thread out of its misery?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th May 2006 07:36 PM
rolling who These days, Jimmy Page resembles an elderly Chinese woman. Seriously...check him out.
7th May 2006 07:17 AM
Avalon
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like this Page idea!

me either
8th May 2006 06:08 AM
Ronnie Richards Richie Sambora should replace Keith!
After all Richie is the new Keith, and Bon Jovi are the new Stones!

(And that's a "fact"...)
8th May 2006 10:39 AM
Factory Girl [quote]Ronnie Richards wrote:
Richie Sambora should replace Keith!

(And that's a "fact"...)

/quote]

I don't think Keith will ever do Denise Richards...

Btw, Page is superb. But NO ONE should ever replace Keith.
8th May 2006 11:41 AM
Avalon
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
[quote]Ronnie Richards wrote:
Richie Sambora should replace Keith!

(And that's a "fact"...)

/quote]

I don't think Keith will ever do Denise Richards...

Btw, Page is superb. But NO ONE should ever replace Keith.

yea I agree with you!!!
Bon Jovi the new Stones?Don't make me laugh
8th May 2006 02:44 PM
voodoopug Due to the recent troubles with Keith's health, I once again implore the moderators to delete this entire thread, it is affecting too many of us negatively and it is becoming more and more difficult to lower our brain functionality to the level of those who are using Bon Jovi in any relation to Keith/Stones.
8th May 2006 03:23 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Due to the recent troubles with Keith's health, I once again implore the moderators to delete this entire thread, it is affecting too many of us negatively and it is becoming more and more difficult to lower our brain functionality to the level of those who are using Bon Jovi in any relation to Keith/Stones.

Ah hell Pug, even Keith would tell you to shut the fuck up and give it a rest...
8th May 2006 03:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Ah hell Pug, even Keith would tell you to shut the fuck up and give it a rest...

we must not tolerated Bon Jovi/stones talk on this forum...It seems that Ian has been silenced in this matter but there are still some who have not been!
8th May 2006 03:30 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we must not tolerated Bon Jovi/stones talk on this forum...It seems that Ian has been silenced in this matter but there are still some who have not been!

____

More importantly - are you sticking to your diet?

Remember...increase fiber intake!
8th May 2006 03:30 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

____

More importantly - are you sticking to your diet?

Remember...increase fiber intake!
8th May 2006 03:31 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

More important - are you sticking to your diet?

Remember - increase fiber intake!
8th May 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

More important - are you sticking to your diet?

Remember - increase fiber intake!

yes, the fiber has helped continue the progress, but has caused an increase in "times shitting per day" This has given me more time to reflect and finish reading my Chicago Sun Times.
8th May 2006 03:37 PM
pdog I'm hoping Keith will be okay. I could give a rats ass if they ever play live again...
8th May 2006 03:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm hoping Keith will be okay. I could give a rats ass if they ever play live again...

we all should be thinking this!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)