ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can Jimmy Page substitute for Keith? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd May 2006 09:11 PM
morocco I'm just wondering if Page could substitute for Keith on the tour? Page is a master of alternate tunings so he could easily play Keith's songs in open G. Also, Page began as a great session guitarist so he's used to playing other people's guitar parts. What do you think?
[Edited by morocco]
3rd May 2006 09:14 PM
Riffhard {{{{{{BLANK FRIGGIN" STARE}}}}}}

Riffy
3rd May 2006 09:23 PM
Nellcote And so Pagey should remain in the studio, as this is where his effectiveness stays.
3rd May 2006 09:27 PM
Scottfree The show doesn't go on w/out Keef...
3rd May 2006 09:29 PM
Turd OnThe Run Page is a shadow of his former self.

3rd May 2006 09:39 PM
LadyJane You have got to be friggin kidding me??? Replacement talk??

Face it Folks......without Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards....there is not a band called The Rolling Stones.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm feeling particularly melancholy tonight. All of these events (and some personal stuff) just reinforces that all we hold dear and take for granted is going to be gone one day.

I'm glad I found my RO pals to share all the ups and downs.

Get well soon, Keith. You are so beloved by so many.

LJ.

3rd May 2006 09:49 PM
gotdablouse Pagey...hum, how about MT rather ?
3rd May 2006 09:54 PM
the good There really is no shortage of bad ideas in the world.
3rd May 2006 09:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes and according to NBC, BBC and insiders at Stones campus Mick Fleetwood is ready to replace Charlie, so now with Keith in recovery and Charlie not touring anymore we will have a new band and with 2 Micks again!! :P
3rd May 2006 10:15 PM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Yes and according to NBC, BBC and insiders at Stones campus Mick Fleetwood is ready to replace Charlie, so now with Keith in recovery and Charlie not touring anymore we will have a new band and with 2 Micks again!! :P

lmfao......thanks Voodoo Doll .

Absurdity remains resolute at Rocks Off.

LJ.

3rd May 2006 10:15 PM
Soldatti Question of the decade so far!
3rd May 2006 11:30 PM
gustavobala lol, i vote for mick taylor again! can be for only some shows! just for funny!
3rd May 2006 11:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler Morocco is a uniter, not a divider. He brings all Stones fans--progressive, reactionary, American, European, West Coast, East Coast, Jew and goy--together in stunned disbelief at the absurdity of his suggestion.
3rd May 2006 11:56 PM
Trey Krimsin Don't forget the saxophone player who plays with his nose. The guy is quite strange.
4th May 2006 12:50 AM
Turd OnThe Run
Yanni will replace Chuck on keyboards and fill in with some backup vocals. Zamphir will play Keith riffs on his pipe-flute. Phil Collins will replace Charlie ondrums.

4th May 2006 01:03 AM
tookthatname thats why they hired "what's his name" to do backup vocals and guitar
4th May 2006 03:01 AM
Jumacfly Phil Collins on drums is a brilliant idea!!
Matt Clifford will replace the riffs of Keith with his fantastic synthetiser.
he will also replace the lame horns section.
So we could have less expensive tix!
Ron wood will still get paid to say "hi" on stage.
Mick Jagger with his pelican face will still be the frontman.
On bass, we don't need bass in fact nobody can hear it since Bill Left and nobody cares!!

hey what a line up!!!
4th May 2006 07:28 AM
Chuck Oh, I think I had enough of your religion
It's tough, it's a state of mind
I don't need it!

4th May 2006 07:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Oh, I think I had enough of your religion
It's tough, it's a state of mind
I don't need it!

one of the best songs of one of their best records!!
4th May 2006 08:35 AM
egon Jimmy who?
4th May 2006 08:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
Jimmy who?

Jimmy Somerville.
4th May 2006 08:53 AM
Factory Girl Pagey is one of my favorites, but he's not joining the Stones. That is a silly notion, much like Keith joining Led Zep.
4th May 2006 10:01 AM
Reptile Jimmy Page gets sucked off in backstreets these days. He can't be Keith, not today, not any day!
4th May 2006 10:08 AM
voodoopug
quote:
morocco wrote:
I'm just wondering if Page could substitute for Keith on the tour? Page is a master of alternate tunings so he could easily play Keith's songs in open G. Also, Page began as a great session guitarist so he's used to playing other people's guitar parts. What do you think?
[Edited by morocco]

gimme a fucking break.....does anyone really think the replacing of Keith is even an option? And you do not need to find a big name virtuoso to do it either....most stones tribute bands I know have "Keith"s that know the licks note by note.

If anyone ever suggests replacing Mick, Keith, Charlie...I will petition for them to be banned from the board!

4th May 2006 10:59 AM
jb We need MT more than ever...............
4th May 2006 11:12 AM
glencar I like this Page idea!
4th May 2006 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like this Page idea!

Pages is the most overrated player since Hendrix and Clapton..pure gimmicktry, with no real feel to it.
4th May 2006 11:19 AM
glencar Oh I know Joshy. I just felt bad for "morocco" as it's a friendly kingdom & all.
4th May 2006 11:20 AM
glencar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Pagey is one of my favorites, but he's not joining the Stones. That is a silly notion, much like Keith joining Led Zep.

FG, PM me yer address. Whilst in London I received a handbill for a Babyshambles show that'll probably never happen...
4th May 2006 12:38 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Turd OnThe Run wrote:
Page is a shadow of his former self.

SO IS BUCKWHEAT
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)