ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: from Stonesdoug: KEITH IS FINE (SAYS HIS FAMILY) Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th May 2006 07:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
kath wrote:
i've tried to imagine a world without keith in it, and it just doesn't revolve anymore. the world just stops...

not true.

I know how you're feeling right now... but keep in mind that there will NEVER be a world without Keith in it. He's put an enormous stamp on all our lives. The Stones will live FOREVER thru their music and memories. Stones are EVERYWHERE and WILL ALWAYS BE.
8th May 2006 10:06 PM
ketvos
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

The Stones will live FOREVER thru their music and memories. Stones are EVERYWHERE and WILL ALWAYS BE.

Amen, but still get better Keef. The world's a better place with you in it.
8th May 2006 10:43 PM
Steel Wheels I worry so much about these guys - guys I've never met, but have given me so much joy and happiness over the years. How many time have I listened to their music during the good times and the bad? How many time have I been under their enchantment during a show?

I look at them like they are my aging family members, and I wish them nothing but love, health, and continued positivity.

May the Gods bless the Rolling Stones and may Patti and the girls nurse Keith back to health.

Keith, I love you! Get well soon!
9th May 2006 02:35 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I worry so much about these guys - guys I've never met, but have given me so much joy and happiness over the years. How many time have I listened to their music during the good times and the bad? How many time have I been under their enchantment during a show?

I look at them like they are my aging family members, and I wish them nothing but love, health, and continued positivity.

May the Gods bless the Rolling Stones and may Patti and the girls nurse Keith back to health.

Keith, I love you! Get well soon!

Very sweet post - very well said.

While I think this episode has been far more serious than has been reported - Keith is hangin' in there.

9th May 2006 02:38 AM
PeerQueer Fuck that, what I mean to say is I KNOW this has been a far more serious episode than has been reported.

Fuck you Roger - Keith is much loved and these people deserve to know!

I'm piss drunk and praying for Keith.

Get well soon.

Please.
9th May 2006 10:01 AM
jb Keith is O.K. according to what I have heard....I have a very relaible source and he really is O.K.
9th May 2006 11:05 AM
Jumping Jack What are the odds of a fall US tour?

Should I make travel plans for Europe? I am not sure it is safe for patriotic red staters there.
9th May 2006 11:26 AM
Joey " What are the odds of a fall US tour? "

Very High

" Should I make travel plans for Europe? "

No .

J. Fly !
9th May 2006 11:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
What are the odds of a fall US tour?

Should I make travel plans for Europe? I am not sure it is safe for patriotic red staters there.

I'd still think you'll get a US tour - unless things REALLY go tits up with Keith's health. They cant really extend a European tour by more than a few weeks, realistically speaking. A US tour may be delayed a few weeks though into mid October I'd guess.

I'd hold off booking anything for a few weeks though until the prognosis and tour plans become clearer

I'm at a loss as to why you think you'd have a problem with safety in Europe. Do you normally talk politics when overseas?

Come on over and we can whine about setlists! :-)
[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by Gazza]
9th May 2006 12:33 PM
Jumping Jack I normally drink heavily when abroad. Of course, I've been known the drink heavily at home as well. I never talk politics at Stones shows and gatherings. It would be an honor to buy you several drinks Gazza, whine if you prefer. You will have a good a time as JB did in Atlanta. Word!!!

A wise man once said "I'm not really an asshole, I just act like one on the internet"
9th May 2006 12:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I normally drink heavily when abroad. Of course, I've been known the drink heavily at home as well. I never talk politics at Stones shows and gatherings. It would be an honor to buy you several drinks Gazza, whine if you prefer. You will have a good a time as JB did in Atlanta. Word!!!

A wise man once said "I'm not really an asshole, I just act like one on the internet"

Likewise...You know I'm ripping the piss out of ya as usual..lol

seriously, you'd have no problem in Europe. Hopefully you can make it over to some shows.
9th May 2006 12:36 PM
jb I think the Euro tour will start sooner than later, and yes, a mini tour is still in the mix...Obviously, if Keith starts developing nuerological problems as the tour resumes, everything changes....Sounds like he will be fine...
[Edited by jb]
9th May 2006 12:40 PM
LadyJane Coming from a hypochondriac like yourself, I take this as good news.

LJ.

9th May 2006 01:05 PM
Jumping Jack If Keef develops flank pain we are in serious trouble, LOL!!!
9th May 2006 01:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
If Keef develops flank pain we are in serious trouble, LOL!!!

you beat me to it...great post!
9th May 2006 01:25 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Oh God, I'm so worried about Keef.
I can't even imagine something bad like that happening with him. I don't even like to think abou it.

It's so unfair. Ok, family wants to keep their privacy, and I think at some point they're right, but we love Keef. We need to know how he is. First, they say he's not going to surgery. So, they say he had surgery and is ok. What is really going on??? We need to know. I'm so tense since all this came out.

We can't either trust journalists. Every journal tells a diferent history. I don't know what I should belive. I just hope he's fine, I don't care about the tour. I just wanna know he is fine.

What is that thread about Keef fighting for his life?!?!?!? I just can't belive...
9th May 2006 01:26 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
What is that thread about Keef fighting for his life?!?!?!? I just can't belive...

And so you shouldn't. Watch the report on the Alex/Theo thread. He's gonna be fine.
9th May 2006 01:34 PM
jb Please use "caution" when viewing.
9th May 2006 03:08 PM
glencar Gazza, even I never talk politics whilst traveling "over there." At the same time, I always have to hear about politics from Euros. What gives?
9th May 2006 03:08 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Please use "caution" when viewing.

Yes, those NZ women are rather flat.
9th May 2006 03:11 PM
Jumping Jack Double standard, LOL???
9th May 2006 03:12 PM
Joey

I am very worried about the fate of the European Leg of the tour .

I am ........................................

I ................................

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *************
9th May 2006 03:13 PM
glencar Why, you ain't leaving Omaha for nothing!
9th May 2006 06:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, even I never talk politics whilst traveling "over there." At the same time, I always have to hear about politics from Euros. What gives?

you didnt hear any from me!!!

What I meant was that Steve mentioned about being concerned about being a "patriotic red stater". I just wouldnt know how anyone would know or care what he was unless he made a point of bringing it up (and of course hes welcome to be what he is, anyway)

Anyone who has a pop at a tourist because of their nationality (and whatever perception they may have of that person's politics because of that nationality) is a fucking tool.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th May 2006 06:42 PM
Surround Sister [quote]kath wrote:
well, to be fair, we were told that any updates from the family would be given to us. so i just wondered if maybe the burr hole thing wasn't an urgent last minute deal and that's why they didn't e mail doug.
---
Right: When an urgent illness strikes your family,
you dont rush off mailing all your friends, do you!
9th May 2006 10:02 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
How do we know the family aren't lying like the spokeswoman did?

Of course they're lying, this is a "spin zone world" and there are TONS of cash at stake. Sad, sad, sad...Besides Stonesdoug has been wrong so many times before (1999 Memory Motel album, 2001 studio album, etc...) I'm surprised anyone still believes him !
[Edited by gotdablouse]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)