ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlanta 2006 Boot Ready Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th May 2006 06:53 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dan, based on those samples I'd say its the version I have.Drakes ATL 2006 is superior sound by a fair bit IMHO.The relative performances are subjective of course..both superb though!

Its a totally different source but if it sounds the same as the other, there is really no point in putting it out.
4th May 2006 09:09 PM
drake Greetings,

If the forum is as good as you guys say it is, find me the 3 sources. I just got a brand new replacement laptop from Dell yesterday and its running amazing, so I'm back into recording again. (I was out of business for 3 weeks while Dell sat on their asses and did repairs over and over.)

Point is, I can take all 3 sources, remaster them, and create a digital 5.1 surround sound recording of that show. I'd be glad to put it out on DVD with some cool imagery (or if a vid exists I could use that). Just let me know.

Atlanta was the last concert I recorded this tour and now that its out I need some new projects to work on. Also if anyone can help me get the soundboards (ALD feed) from 99, along with any type of audience recording from the same show/s that would be a fun project. The ALD feed is ok, but if mixed, mastered and combined properly with an audience recording, it would be sweet...

[email protected]
4th May 2006 11:49 PM
Dan
quote:
drake wrote:
Greetings,

If the forum is as good as you guys say it is, find me the 3 sources. I just got a brand new replacement laptop from Dell yesterday and its running amazing, so I'm back into recording again. (I was out of business for 3 weeks while Dell sat on their asses and did repairs over and over.)

Thanks for taping Atlanta!

Actually it was just the quality of the concert I was referring to. I have only heard one recording and it was taped almost to the ceiling directly to the side. Also just a great deal on Ebay on a Tascam DAT home unit (beat the last two to death over the last decade) so its been a transferama with older masters and clones around here but when the other source popped up, this one became low priority.

quote:

Point is, I can take all 3 sources, remaster them, and create a digital 5.1 surround sound recording of that show. I'd be glad to put it out on DVD with some cool imagery (or if a vid exists I could use that). Just let me know.

Atlanta was the last concert I recorded this tour and now that its out I need some new projects to work on. Also if anyone can help me get the soundboards (ALD feed) from 99, along with any type of audience recording from the same show/s that would be a fun project. The ALD feed is ok, but if mixed, mastered and combined properly with an audience recording, it would be sweet...

[email protected]

I have a DAT master of Anaheim 2/11/99 that I think is okay but never really listened to it since. I will try to dig it out. Also have an incomplete DAT master of San Jose 4/20/99 but my deck inexplicably shut off halfway through Brown Sugar.
5th May 2006 01:12 AM
drake Dig it up man. Shoot me an email whenever you manage to find those DATs. I have a few DATs some friends sent me which I will be transfering this week. (One from the SanDiego broadcast in 98 and the other for a killer show in 94. I know the SanDiego show has been released all over the place but this is the cleanest transfer I've ever heard and I get to master it, so we'll see what happens. The 94 show is KILLER and already sounds great in raw format.)

Also, if anyone would be up for helping me I'm looking for a few specific songs. Its kindof a large project but I'm attempting to accumulate every version of certain songs from certain tours to put together the 'ultimate' collection for newbie fans who have no boots. Here's a small bit of my list...

Little Queenie - 97/98
Its All Over Now - 94/95
The Last Time - 97/98
Star Star - 97/98
Neighbors - 99
Midnight Rambler - 99
Route 66 - 99
Respectable - 78
Down The Road Apiece - 81
She's So Cold - 81/05/06
etc... etc...

Those right there could take a while. Especially since I've only been collecting boots since 97 (the year I moved back to the States).
5th May 2006 01:31 AM
Dan
quote:
drake wrote:
Dig it up man. Shoot me an email whenever you manage to find those DATs. I have a few DATs some friends sent me which I will be transfering this week. (One from the SanDiego broadcast in 98 and the other for a killer show in 94. I know the SanDiego show has been released all over the place but this is the cleanest transfer I've ever heard and I get to master it, so we'll see what happens. The 94 show is KILLER and already sounds great in raw format.)

Oh - I also have an audience DAT of San Diego, just not sure how worthy of release/distribution it is. If I am home this weekend I will be raiding the vaults again.

Also will be getting a new computer in the next few weeks and then high speed so when that happens its going to be torrents galore! Actually if the HD on my old work computer is big enough I might see if I can sneak something out there.
5th May 2006 09:38 AM
gimmekeef Drake...thanks again for the ATL!...I'll see how many of those songs I have in lossless for you....
5th May 2006 01:27 PM
Jumping Jack Putting a good audio on the RCMH DVD would be a good project. I know they guy who sold them has supposedly fixed his audio but I am told there is another source that should soon be going around.
8th May 2006 05:42 PM
Jumping Jack Gimmekeef,

I still haven't gotten the disks from Drake. If your offer is still good I would like to get a copy from you.

Sfenner1 at bellsouth.net
8th May 2006 08:17 PM
drake My appologies. This week was finals week. After uploading the torrent I forgot all about sending you discs. I owe you and will send discs 8am tommorow morning.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)