ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ran into Michael Cohl... Return to archive
May 3rd, 2004 09:14 AM
Mel Belli ...at LaGuardia on Friday. As we passed I said, "Next year?" and he replied over his shoulder, "I'm hopin'."
May 3rd, 2004 09:18 AM
nankerphelge Most excellent nip & tuck there fka Sandrew!!

I have often thought that ol' Mel would be a great screen name & the avatar is simply stunning!

May 3rd, 2004 10:26 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
...at LaGuardia on Friday. As we passed I said, "Next year?" and he replied over his shoulder, "I'm hopin'."

Next year what? That you two would get together? That he would lose ten lbs, that he would finish construction on a house?

I agree with nanker - your new look is swell.
May 3rd, 2004 11:49 AM
Mel Belli Thanks for the avatar compliments ... I figured it was time for me to get into the spirit of things around here.

And, for the record, Cohl and I were talking world tour, 2005. At least, that's what I was talking about, and I'm pretty sure Cohl is in tune with Stones telepathy.
May 3rd, 2004 11:58 AM
Gazza Damn!

That was potentially great news going by the headline..

when I read "ran into Michael Cohl" I thought for a second you meant whilst driving a ten ton truck....!

How do you know though he knew you meant the Stones? Doesnt Cohl promote other acts too? I know that both the Stones and U2 use similar road crew personnel so I guess he does something for them too. And THEY are supposed now to be touring in 2005.
May 3rd, 2004 12:02 PM
jb You didn't use the opportunity to flush out info about a possible new tour...very disappointing effort on your part...
May 3rd, 2004 12:27 PM
erikjjf He wouldn't reveal any details to a stranger at the airport, even if he WAS sure you meant the Stones.
May 3rd, 2004 12:27 PM
Mel Belli Gazza, I remember saying something about the Stones, like, "Hey, you're the Stones guy..."

Sorry to not fulfill the 10-ton-truck scenario. I saw him in the lobby of the Barcelona Hotel Arts last summer and noticed he walks around with a limp. So maybe someone tried and just missed.

JB, I hate talking in airports and on airplanes, so I didn't want to break my own rule.
May 3rd, 2004 12:33 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Gazza, I remember saying something about the Stones, like, "Hey, you're the Stones guy..."

Sorry to not fulfill the 10-ton-truck scenario. I saw him in the lobby of the Barcelona Hotel Arts last summer and noticed he walks around with a limp. So maybe someone tried and just missed.

JB, I hate talking in airports and on airplanes, so I didn't want to break my own rule.

YOur using a fucking Melvin Beli avatar!!! Make him proud and next time get the info!!!
[Edited by jb]
May 3rd, 2004 12:36 PM
Joey
" Thanks for the avatar compliments ... I figured it was time for me to get into the spirit of things around here. "

Is that REALLY a picture of Mel Belli ?

It looks like Marlon Brando ( circa 1991 )

Developing ........................................

Jersee !

May 3rd, 2004 01:46 PM
Mel Belli I think he looks a little bit like the actor George Gaynes (Cmdt. Lassard in "Police Academy").
May 3rd, 2004 01:52 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Gazza, I remember saying something about the Stones, like, "Hey, you're the Stones guy..."

Well, that's some good news. I mean, the part about Cohl knowing that you were talking about the Stones, not the limp and its possible meaning!

I remember a friend of mine talked to Cohl last September and used the opportunity to ask him about (what else!) the Stones next tour. Cohl said something about an 18-month delay between Licks and the next. So from the beginning, there were plans for a 2005 tour...
May 3rd, 2004 02:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I think he looks a little bit like the actor George Gaynes (Cmdt. Lassard in "Police Academy").

?
May 3rd, 2004 03:33 PM
Dan I saw him at one of the Bowie Wiltern shows a few months ago. But it was very loud and I was rolling tape so I didnt say anything.
May 3rd, 2004 05:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
I saw him at one of the Bowie Wiltern shows a few months ago. But it was very loud and I was rolling tape so I didnt say anything.

Unbelievable {{{{ ? }}}}

[ Edited by The Kid ]
[Edited by Joey]