ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STP BOOK QUESTION Return to archive
April 29th, 2004 11:06 PM
BILL PERKS IN GREENFIELDS BOOK A CHAPTER IS DEVOTED TO A ROCK STAR WHO WAS THROWN OUT OF KEITHS ROOM FOR ACTING UNCOOL AND THREATENED TO "BLADE" KEITH.ANYONE KNOW WHO THIS WAS?
April 29th, 2004 11:29 PM
JaggaRichards Probably Reg Dwight..
April 29th, 2004 11:44 PM
gypsy I've heard rumors that Gram Parsons threatened Keith w/ a knife for ripping him off. But, they're just rumors...but then again, you never know.
April 30th, 2004 02:33 AM
beer Stephen Stills.
April 30th, 2004 08:20 AM
mac_daddy was this the same guy who waited outside the hotel in Colorado..? I never could figure out who that was, either...

I figured it was Leon Russell, but that was my hunch.
April 30th, 2004 09:25 AM
beer "In Keith's hotel suite, he and Steve Stills got into an argument and drew knives, but it was all front and the whole thing fizzled out."

Denver '72
Bill Wyman

page 397 from Rolling With The Stones

Keith shoulda killed that dirty hippy.

-
April 30th, 2004 09:44 AM
jb Stephen Stills..lmfao...why on god's earth was Keith hanging out with him anyway....CSN has always put down the Stones and if I recall correctly, bvlamed them for the Altatmont fiasco....nd why the fuck does SS always wear that tight fitting blue blazer with jeans....only certin people, like myself, can pull offf that look...( buy an expensive Italian blue blazer..Armani, Zegna, ...with a crisp white shirt and faded, distressed jeans)....
April 30th, 2004 06:21 PM
gypsy Thanks, beer. You have all the books I do...I just can't seem to remember what I've read in each one.
I just got "The Rolling Stones: A Visual Documentary" today. Pretty good...a lot of mistakes though...I've noticed a LOT of Stones books are full of mistakes. We all need to get together and write our own Stones book. We'll make it exclusive...like Exile and the new Stu book. Then, we'll use the money for the upcoming tour.
April 30th, 2004 10:35 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:

Keith shoulda killed that dirty hippy.

when you say things like that beer you remind me why i love your work
May 2nd, 2004 12:51 AM
beer Hey thanks SIA, i'm glad at least one person reads the crap i wrote on this board once in a while.

SIA, did you ever get a chance to read "Kingdom Of Fear"? i remember ages ago you were waiting for it in paperback. I recommend it. very entertaining, though some parts lag with Hunter's usual wandering prose, that somehow ends up back to the original point about 200 pages later! still funny though...
May 2nd, 2004 07:54 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:

SIA, did you ever get a chance to read "Kingdom Of Fear"? i remember ages ago you were waiting for it in paperback. I recommend it.

no beer, still haven't come across it - i was never in a great hurry as many reviews said it wasn't that great and that HST was recycling a lot of his "riffs" - but thanks for the reminder - i'll make some enquiries at the book shop at lunch time

in line with the depp thread i wonder if production of "the rum diary" is still going on - i'll have a look over on "the great thompson hunt" site - that's always got up to date news - have you seen that site?? - it's the best HST site i've found - you should check it out, if you like HST you'll like it

cheers my friend
May 2nd, 2004 08:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

no beer, still haven't come across it - i was never in a great hurry as many reviews said it wasn't that great and that HST was recycling a lot of his "riffs" - but thanks for the reminder - i'll make some enquiries at the book shop at lunch time

in line with the depp thread i wonder if production of "the rum diary" is still going on - i'll have a look over on "the great thompson hunt" site - that's always got up to date news - have you seen that site?? - it's the best HST site i've found - you should check it out, if you like HST you'll like it

cheers my friend

do ou have a link to the HST sites, SIA..? thanks.
May 2nd, 2004 09:14 PM
stonedinaustralia my pleasure mac-daddyo

http://www.gonzo.org/
May 2nd, 2004 09:24 PM
stonedinaustralia actually for all the HST fans - here's a link to part of a short story he did back in '61 "burial at sea"

if you like thompson you should enjoy it

http://www.gonzo.org/hst/index.html
May 2nd, 2004 09:54 PM
mac_daddy thanks, SIA [/thread hijack]

_____

here is a pic of Robert Greenfield...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 3rd, 2004 06:33 PM
Noonan McKane Stephen Stills sounds about right to me, and yes, it probably wouldn't have hurt to have had Keith kill him.
As far as laying the blame for Altamont at The Stones' feet, though, surely no one can touch the utterly odious Don McLean, with his "No angel born in hell...." shite in 'American Pie'?
Wanker.