ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Depp Wants Richards to Appear in Pirates Sequel Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 28th, 2004 02:28 PM
Soldatti Keith actor debut?

Depp Wants Richards to Appear in Pirates Sequel

Johnny Depp reportedly wants Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards to appear in the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl sequel - as his father.

The hunky star famously based his character, Jack Sparrow, on the aged rocker in the celebrated film, and wants to pay tribute to Richards by landing him a role in the follow-up.

A source says, "Johnny was slightly embarrassed by all the praise for Pirates because he was really just being Keith".

"A good way of thanking Keith would be to get him to do a walk-on in the sequel."

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004
[Edited by Soldatti]
April 28th, 2004 02:31 PM
jb
April 28th, 2004 06:45 PM
Poplar
Fuck yeah!
April 28th, 2004 08:09 PM
Some Guy That would be good. I like that movie.
April 28th, 2004 09:54 PM
gypsy I think I read that in Johnny's interview in the current issue of Playboy. I really wish Keith would make a cameo as his father...that would be awesome...and a guaranteed hit...I would definitely rush right out and see it on opening night.
God, I love Keith...and I love that Depp is getting Keith's name out there to a younger crowd...and, most importantly, telling journalists not to dismiss Keith as just some drugged out rocker...he always mentions how intelligent and wonderful Keith is...which is something a LOT of people don't know. Yay for Johnny.
April 28th, 2004 10:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think Gypsy and I should make a cameo in the Pirates II as well.

We could be in the background in a bar scene. I'd grab Gypsy's ass, and she'd bust me upside the head with a jug o' grog. Then we'd laugh with gusto in each other's face.

I gotta get in touch with those people at Disney.

Would we need a SAG card for that?
April 29th, 2004 06:35 AM
egon keef acting?

i sure as hell hope not!
April 29th, 2004 06:51 AM
FotiniD Hell yeah!
And it's not a matter of acting Egon, he'll just be his usual self

How cool would that be?! Come on Johnny, get it going, we *have* to have this on screen.

P.S. Hmmm, I wonder if this happens how Mick would react... It sometimes seems that Keith just puts up minimal (or non at all) effort and has the best results, while poor Mick has been trying with movies and all with, em, slightly doubtful outcomes Just kidding, but I'd really like to see how he'd take it!
April 29th, 2004 07:13 AM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think I read that in Johnny's interview in the current issue of Playboy. I really wish Keith would make a cameo as his father...that would be awesome...and a guaranteed hit...I would definitely rush right out and see it on opening night.
God, I love Keith...and I love that Depp is getting Keith's name out there to a younger crowd...and, most importantly, telling journalists not to dismiss Keith as just some drugged out rocker...he always mentions how intelligent and wonderful Keith is...which is something a LOT of people don't know. Yay for Johnny.

I say Yay for gypsy!!

Great post, girlfriend. Couldn't have said it better myself!

LJ.
April 29th, 2004 10:02 AM
Taptrick

"keef acting?
i sure as hell hope not!"

Keith already had a small role in the Undercover video did he not? Its been 20 years since I seen it, but didn't he have a scene in which he carried a gun and wore an eye patch? No dialogue if I recall.
April 29th, 2004 10:54 AM
Poplar
the more i think about this - the better idea it seems to be. It should be more than a bit role. I imagine some kind of bar room brawl, with Keith using a sword, or some kind of weapon (a lute perhaps?) imagine how cool the lines on his face would look if shot well, under dark lighting. he'd be a great on screen character.

April 29th, 2004 12:34 PM
telecaster Keith would be perfect but he has a scheduling conflict as he has committed to Gibson's "Passion of the Christ, Pt II"
April 29th, 2004 01:12 PM
Martha Keith could absolutely pull this off without a hitch. It's a fantastic idea. And remember the studio execs didn't like Johnny's way of playing the pirate character initially, and they were waaaaaaay wrong! This time I bet they'll listen to him!

So when do we start standing in line to see this film????

:-)
April 29th, 2004 04:26 PM
Monkey Woman I bet Keith would love it. Dressing up as a pirate and being sinister but lovable as hell!

Yo-ho-ho and a tumbler of "nuclear waste"!
April 29th, 2004 04:29 PM
LadyJane Imagine the irony...Keith does it as a whim and ends up with an Academy Award nomination.

Mick would turn deep shades of green!!!

LJ.
April 29th, 2004 04:40 PM
gypsy Thanks, LJ.
I think it's a fantastic idea...I don't want to get too excited about it yet. But, yeah, all Keith would have to do is be himself...he could play the rugged pirate dad with ease.
Oh, yeah...and Mick would be sooo jealous if Keith got rave reviews.
April 29th, 2004 05:19 PM
ResidentMule they're kinda beating this idea to death. i knew immediately when i saw the movie that depp was ripping off keef, i didn't need him to say it, and i thought it was kinda lame the first time i read about it. now i can hear about one without the ther being mentioned. i can just imagine how lame a cameo would be
April 29th, 2004 07:54 PM
corgi37 I am a genius! I predicted this. Or, i mean, i suggested this ages ago. If any role is made for Keef, its this. A whole new generation of fans to corrupt!
April 29th, 2004 07:58 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I am a genius!

careful corgi - i hope all of joey's high praise isn't going to your head

April 29th, 2004 09:46 PM
corgi37 I will remain humble, even when i kiss my reflection. But really, i hope Keith does make a cameo. Think Sean Connery in Indiana Jones. He only needs a little scene at the end. Wont even need any costume/make-up.
April 30th, 2004 07:15 AM
egon didn't they once make a film with keef?

now why wasn't that released again....?

Keef, stick to your guitar.
April 30th, 2004 12:11 PM
scope Can you just picture Keith, all decked out in his pirate gear, peering out on the ocean from the bow of the ship and saying 'It's great to be here; it's great to be anywhere!'
April 30th, 2004 12:15 PM
Joey

Corgi Truly IS a Great Man !!!!!!!!!

Word !
April 30th, 2004 12:19 PM
Bloozehound keef can play a good rock star

May 1st, 2004 01:23 AM
stonedinaustralia wasn't keith's acting debut (stones' stuff aside)playing the part of a tree in "barbarella"?
May 1st, 2004 08:00 PM
gypsy Actually, I think Keith played the part of "pipe-smoking girl" in Barbarella. Just kidding.

Yeah, SS...we could pull it off...and nobody would think your pirate character was gay...I can assure you of that.

Luv ya, SS...keep on doing the good work for sick people. Unfortunately, I'm at work now...but nobody is genuinely sick...ER is full of drug seekers and pussies. Yeah, I said "PUSSIES!"
May 1st, 2004 08:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot How about THIS scene Gyps....same as before, but instead of you clonkin' me on the noggin....Keef walks up and clonks me. He then puts his arm around you all protective like, looks down at me and says..."Sorry mate, but I already paid for this one!"

And THEN, Parmy and LJ and Luxy flounce over(you gals CAN flounce can't you?), and fawn all over Keef, and then he says, "And these fine tarts as well!"

Then Capt. Jack comes over and says something swarthy to his old man, Keef responds, I try to get up, and Capt. Jack clonks me on the noggin again.

I fall down really good.
May 1st, 2004 08:28 PM
gypsy Oh, we can flounce alright. We RO ladies can do anything we set our minds to.
Why are you so scared of a sex scene? Hell, we'll let your old lady clonk you on the head after she finds you laid up w/ all the RO ladies. Then you'll fall down REAL good.
I've even got this idea for the gay audience out there...yes, it does involve jb and joey as two gay ass pirates...can't get into details right now.
May 1st, 2004 09:25 PM
Sharp_E
Keith has lived by the Pirate's code all his life so I think he should be able to handle the part. Besides "the code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Imagine the irony...Keith does it as a whim and ends up with an Academy Award nomination.

Mick would turn deep shades of green!!!

LJ.

May 1st, 2004 09:38 PM
LadyJane Let me just go on record and say I can flounce with the best of them. And I'm quite certain Luxy and Parmy can as well. Great idea, SS!!

Sharp E....great to see you back!!

gypsy....e-mail me with the entire plot of the Joey/jb scene. LMAO.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
Page: 1 2