ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Cure for a Hangover.. Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 24th, 2004 07:41 AM
UGot2Rollme 3 x .50L (French)1664 Brew plus
Janis Joplin's Pearl CD (her last)

won't you move over.....!?
April 24th, 2004 09:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I saw an ad on tv a few weeks back about some new product you can take the night before and it will kill the hangover. I had never heard of such a thing. My stepfathers cure was to drink loads of water. I always used aspirin and more beer if it were possible.
April 24th, 2004 11:58 AM
egon The headache is dehydration.

Drink loads of water.

Beer consists for over 90% of water.

Thank you please.
April 24th, 2004 12:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
The headache is dehydration.

Does that mean one's head actually shrinks?
April 24th, 2004 12:34 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I saw an ad on tv a few weeks back about some new product you can take the night before and it will kill the hangover. I had never heard of such a thing. My stepfathers cure was to drink loads of water. I always used aspirin and more beer if it were possible.

TTM

A buddy of mine told me about this product. I know you can get it at GNC or Walgreens. You take 1 pill for every 3 alcoholic beverages (or something like that).

He said as long as you take the required dosage per beer it worked like a charm.

But yea, water and hair of the dog works for me lol
April 24th, 2004 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

A buddy of mine told me about this product. I know you can get it at GNC or Walgreens. You take 1 pill for every 3 alcoholic beverages (or something like that).

LOL. Yet another pill! Whatever ails you take a pill.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 24th, 2004 02:12 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
egon wrote:
The headache is dehydration.

Drink loads of water.

I see egon has experience in this! He he!
Yeah, 5 glasses of water and 2 aspirins *before* you go to bed and develop a hangover. That takes care of the headache and also the disturbed stomach... Except if you really outdid yourself in the drinking bout! LOL
April 24th, 2004 03:11 PM
polksalad69 Does hanging out w/drunk people give you a hangover cuz I sure feel like I got one.
April 24th, 2004 08:21 PM
luxury1 tanning, outdoor bike ride, 'nother bottle of wine, fucking in the bright sunshine, more water. That should do it.
April 24th, 2004 09:15 PM
J.J.Flash Ohhhhh shit, don't say the word HANGOVER for J.J.Flash. I almost died last sunday...Has it happened to you before? When you go too far, to the point of repeating for yourself, crouched inside the shower compartment, regurgitating and swearing "I will never drink again, I swear the God I.....GOOOOOORFFFFF ARGHHHH, I will never drink again".

The funny thing is the fact that I never learn with my mistakes! LOL
April 24th, 2004 09:22 PM
nankerphelge I still swear by a glass or two of water before bed and a fist full of Advil!

Problem is, sometimes you are so damn shitfaced that you cannot possibly find either of those things when your ass closes down for the evening!

You really have to plan ahead and have them ready to go, and even then you have the secondary problem of bulletproofitis -- a tequila or whiskey type buzz that sadly leaves you with the misimpression that you have a large red cape and cannot be stopped!!

I hate hangovers.
I'm heading over to the F U thread....
April 24th, 2004 11:04 PM
beer i'm 26. after ten years of heavy drinking, there is only one hangover cure i know of: Hair of the dog. that's it. that is the only thing.

though, i almost had the perfect hangover cure once. tall glass of orange juice followed by cocaine. it sorta worked.
April 24th, 2004 11:06 PM
Bloozehound Don't forget to woof down a huge platter of sleazy, greasy, cheezy enchilada's after u wake up(around noon-ish), they help ease those hangover blues.
April 24th, 2004 11:25 PM
fmk438j In addition to the water drinking before bed, a good thing is B vitamins before you go out, and with the water before you go to bed. Also, if you feel like shit I think it's better not to eat until that evening, or if you do, something light like fruit. You get better quicker this way.

The other answer is, learn to love pain. Mmmmmmm.
April 24th, 2004 11:28 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:
though, i almost had the perfect hangover cure once. tall glass of orange juice followed by cocaine. it sorta worked.

lol

then some "hair of the cocaine" is in order once the blow starts wearing off
April 25th, 2004 12:20 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

then some "hair of the cocaine" is in order once the blow starts wearing off

SRV?
April 25th, 2004 01:52 AM
Bloozehound lol u know that's the sad thing about ol' stevie is that he had cleaned up, and then died suddenly. so who know's what was in store
April 25th, 2004 05:38 AM
beer if you can't handle the hangover, then you shouldn't drink. simple as that.
April 25th, 2004 06:58 AM
J.J.Flash I am lazy just with the idea of flipping through the dictionary, so, help me, WTF is "hair of the dog"?

Thanks!
April 25th, 2004 09:09 AM
fmk438j
Have another beer, wine, metho in the morning!
April 25th, 2004 04:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This is the number one hangover cure from www.hungover.net

1.GRAB A NIPPLE
Smudge tells us "a friend of mine said that drinking his wife's breast milk cured his hangovers when their baby was born. He tried cow milk after she stopped lactating, but said it didn't work like a woman's breastmilk. Creepy, eh?"

April 25th, 2004 05:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
This is the number one hangover cure from www.hungover.net

1.GRAB A NIPPLE
Smudge tells us "a friend of mine said that drinking his wife's breast milk cured his hangovers when their baby was born. He tried cow milk after she stopped lactating, but said it didn't work like a woman's breastmilk. Creepy, eh?"

Spooky!
April 30th, 2004 05:45 PM
stewed & Keefed
April 30th, 2004 06:17 PM
gypsy I don't drink...but I've heard that ginger root is great for hangovers. I bet Martha would know...she knows all her herbs and vitamins.
May 1st, 2004 12:59 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I don't drink...

that's not fun
May 1st, 2004 01:53 PM
egon today's cure for a hanover:

the pub.
May 1st, 2004 05:13 PM
luxury1 ...a nice warm, oversized refill of the honey pot does it for me every time.
May 2nd, 2004 07:54 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
today's cure for a hanover:

the pub.

Could you please remove that Heineken thing?
May 2nd, 2004 09:22 PM
Scottfree
quote:

LOL. Yet another pill! Whatever ails you take a pill.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small, the one pill your mother gives you, doesn't do anything at all.....
May 2nd, 2004 09:39 PM
J.J.Flash Hmmmmmm...... dry mouth... dry mouth..... due to my birthday, I was supposed to join in this thread.... moaning..."oh Lord... oh Geez....I will never drink anymore...", that sort of thing....but I tell you what, I'm fine, really. After almost 10 beers... I'm just dealing with a goddman headache...no problem at all, considering the weekend, past 2 weeks, countless beers plus vodka + lemon + sugar + ice cubes.

"Let's drink to the hard working people..."
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
Page: 1 2