ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Mid 1969 Stones by Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Big dissapointment Return to archive
05-08-02 08:27 PM
rpeter I am really dissapointed at the way the fans are being taken advantage off.
I had intentions on trying to get tickets for one of these concerts, but I am
turned off because of the way we are being treated. I could understand
the Sam Goody thing, but the Rolling Stones them selfs are part of this through
the Fan Club. I was willing to pay the 95 bucks just to get good seats, but when
The total was shown for 4 tiks, it was over 900 for tiks that have a 90$ face value.
the Official Fan Club seems to be nothing more than an Official Ticket scalping business.
Some of you might say that the stones have nothing to do with this but I would like to think
that a good band should care about there fans, not just the almighty buck.
05-08-02 09:23 PM
CousinCocaine You're absolutely right with this !
If this is true fans should complain. I'm following them since the 60's but it's remarkable that things like these always happen with the Stones.
Sometimes it's been very hard to love them!
05-08-02 09:30 PM
Mr T Don't get all bent out of shape over this. It could be worse. Last year I wanted to get Aerosmith tickets, so I joined the fanclub (only 20 bucks - what's the worst that could happen) Anyway, this asshole fanclub actually set presale "preferential seating" tickets at 3AM - only 7 hours before they went on sale to the general public. So, all the fanclub members wanting to be first in line stay up all night & call at 3AM - AND THE FUCKING PHONES WON'T LET A SINGLE PERSON THROUGH FOR 2 HOURS, UNTIL FINALLY, IT GIVES A MESSAGE THAT THEIR SYSTEM WAS OVERLOADED FROM THE HUGE RESPONSE. Bullshit, right??? So on top of all that sleep, not a single person I talked to got half-way decent seats(and from what I'm told, fanclub members were always used to getting great service before they changed management). - I have no idea who wound up with good seats.

So keep in mind, we'll all have are chance in a few days - and ticketmaster will have plenty more seats available than Sam Goody
05-09-02 01:09 AM
Martha

I agree..ticketbastard will have them available in a few days, or in my case the 1st of June since I'm in Ohio. It is easy to get caught up in the frenzy and think I won't get a my 2 little tix when I allow myself to get caught up in the scamgoody hypela...but I am not a kid anymore and need to actually be able to pay for these tix. I also can't really justify spending a bahzillion bucks on any gig. It just isn't right. I don't buy overpriced brand new cars either. It's only rock and roll and I like it...love it...but I gotta pay the rent and eat..and stay outta debt.

Tix bastard came through before for the 1999 show. Fingers crossed...deep breath...it'll be ok.

05-09-02 07:14 AM
gypsymofo60 Once again, I gotta agree with alot of you guys who are feeling disapointed about this ticket situation. I don't care if it's The Stones, Aerosmith, Creed, Or Britney bloody Spears, there is a thing that all of us in our working days must adhede to, DUTY OF CARE! Now that might sound a bit over the top considering we are talking about a supposedly rebel(well at one time)rock group, but thier fans, (the real bread & butter) fans put them where they are today, and if they owe thier fans only one thing in this world,that thing is a fair deal! Maybe people should let the band know how they feel by boycotting the shows, then that's a bit extreme and self defeating I guess. One thing is for sure, I wont be paying the earth to see 'em, no matter how disapointed I feel after I've missed out. After 40 years they could give just a little back. It is also thier duty to make bloody sure what the score is where the ticketing is concerned, and you can bet they do!
05-09-02 07:54 AM
brandosnny Well, we know they're getting a cut for all these pre-sale access charges (Sam Goody, thier fan club) so, they should be held responsible for shitty services. I don't think that it CAN get any worse. I go to well over a hundred concerts a year, and I've NEVER had to go through anything like what I went through yesterday......and I'm still without a ticket.
05-09-02 08:50 AM
gypsymofo60 The above post says it all really......D'ya know what I mean?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.