ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Mid 1969 Stones by Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GetAccess is bogged down already Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-08-02 09:45 AM
sandrew It's 9:45 and the site is not working - sonofabitch.
05-08-02 10:02 AM
cherryred can't get on from chicago.

I can't believe they suckered me out of $60
05-08-02 10:17 AM
Ephrata Stone It's ridiculous....I signed up at 8:30 this morning and immediately logged in, and stayed logged in. Every so often I would refresh to keep my connection to the Tower Theatre presale open. It was slow, but I was connecting. All of a sudden around 9:30 it stopped connecting:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Open the samgoody.getaccess.cc.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

HTTP Error 500-13 - Server too busy
Internet Information Services

------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
The request cannot be processed at this time. The amount of traffic exceeds the Web site's configured capacity.

What a waste of $60....a freaking joke....at least give us a CHANCE to get tickets!!! And don't come back here (SamGoody/getAccess) and say well, your membership is good for a year and you can use it for other shows. I don't give a rat's ass about other shows, I did this for the Stones! I doubt you can get your money back as there is probably something in the disclaimer agreement which we all agreed to (who were dumb enough to join). Damn. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
05-08-02 10:25 AM
cherryred After I get my tickets I will BOYCOTT SAM GOODY!
05-08-02 10:39 AM
~AzQb

Good LORD, chile, it ain't like the fucking sun is falling to earth or anything....lol...it'll come back up ....

granted, it's a pain in the arse, but really now, what did you expect?

~
05-08-02 10:41 AM
riverrat Keep trying and refreashing!!!
I just my TOWER tickets!!!!!!
After 30 of being denied!!
05-08-02 11:02 AM
sandrew How much?
05-08-02 11:03 AM
Dan We will see what happens with the Wiltern. At first I felt stupid and almost sick, then I realized I havent gambled $60 in my whole life.
The whole thing kinda sours me on the Stones tour, but if I dont get tickets I can always just bootleg the fuck out of the stadium shows I tape til I get my $60 back.

05-08-02 11:04 AM
TomL I'm having the same problems, got to take my wife to the airport, there goes 2 hours of trying. FUCKING SCAM of the century. FUCK SAM GOODY. BASTARDS
05-08-02 11:31 AM
patioaintdry those helpful folks at Sam Goody have just added the following on their homepage, in red:

"Demand for Rolling Stones tickets is extremely high. If you receive any errors, please try again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

Aren't they helpful? Glad I NEVER, EVER shop at their overpriced, shitty stores.
05-08-02 11:32 AM
winter frikin' disaster - did anyone get through to even have a chance to order tickets?
05-08-02 12:07 PM
brandosnny
quote:
sandrew wrote:
It's 9:45 and the site is not working - sonofabitch.

I just hung up with Clear Channel main offices in midtown manhattan. The lady tells me that they got overloaded at around 9:25, and the server has been down all morning. Shw claims that no tickets have been sold yet, and they are working to solve the problem. Thats what she SAYS at least. What a disaster.
05-08-02 12:24 PM
stones09 I swear that I have it refresh at least 1000 times in the past 2 and a half hrs. If I ever get through to this frigging ticketservice I will probably die from surprise. Who can I charge this $60 to? There has to be someone I can sue the ass off
05-08-02 12:28 PM
sandrew The word is, the server is completely down and that there are still plenty of tickets left...
05-08-02 12:31 PM
stones09 Now the Clear Channel site says:

STATUS ALERT

We are currently experiencing extremely high traffic on the site. We're at
work to fix the situation as soon as possible.

There are plenty of Stones tickets still available. Please check this page
again later for updates

I guess there might be some hope
05-08-02 12:45 PM
riverrat I got two row aa OR tix for tower for $127.00!!!
I think that is front row!
05-08-02 12:50 PM
reid How did you manage to get through?
05-08-02 01:16 PM
bmaull I actually got to click on buy now, but have gotten no where since (going on 3 hours now, the F5 button is starting to wear out)
05-08-02 01:20 PM
winter I can't get past the first page where it asks if you want to join or you can click below on the date of the show.
05-08-02 01:23 PM
cherryred THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY $60 BACK!!!!!
05-08-02 01:25 PM
riverrat The "buy now " botton will take you to another sammyG page
Perseverence will pay off! Keep hitting the fucking button
It will then take you to the ticketmaster site and your home free!
05-08-02 01:29 PM
reid Yeah keep trying!! I just got through and got tickets to the Orpheum Theatre!! GOOD LUCK. You will get through.
05-08-02 01:30 PM
stones09 which site address are you using at Sammy?
05-08-02 02:11 PM
Open G
quote:
riverrat wrote:
The "buy now " botton will take you to another sammyG page
Perseverence will pay off! Keep hitting the fucking button
It will then take you to the ticketmaster site and your home free!

You guys are doing better than I am, at about 10:15 am (east coast time)I got the buy button for the 3,000 seat Orhpeum in Boston and then got the "error message".
For the last 4 hours I have only gotten the "error message".
I live out in the boonies, but I do have a cable connection.
I feel better knowing that I am not the only one pissed off.
We should start a friggin class action suit against these weasels. They sold the memberships, so they knew ahead of time how many potential buyers they could have at once.
Well back to the refresh button.Good luck everybody.
05-08-02 02:15 PM
Dan
quote:
Open G wrote:

I feel better knowing that I am not the only one pissed off.
We should start a friggin class action suit against these weasels. They sold the memberships, so they knew ahead of time how many potential buyers they could have at once.
Well back to the refresh button.Good luck everybody.

Read the terms you agreed to. You can't sue them.
05-08-02 02:22 PM
Dan Now I got bumped off the original screen I was using to jump into the ticket/member screens.
05-08-02 02:23 PM
Open G
quote:
Dan wrote:

Read the terms you agreed to. You can't sue them.

I can sure as hell perform a charge back with my credit card. The terms we agreed to may be nulified by the deceptive nature of the promotion if there were enough complaints.
05-08-02 02:26 PM
stones09 I would agree with you there. If Visa/Mastercard are flooded with hundreds of requests for chargebacks they will be highly suspicious of the vendor that duped us!
05-08-02 02:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Open G wrote:

I can sure as hell perform a charge back with my credit card. The terms we agreed to may be nulified by the deceptive nature of the promotion if there were enough complaints.

The only thing deceptive was the "concert of your choice" on the terms page, and the "one click" only, but it seems they reset that.
Rather than fight the charge, I would rather fuck Clear Channel and the Stones right back.

I am totally locked out of the site now. One step forward, two steps back. Maybe it just wasnt mean to be.
05-08-02 02:36 PM
cmeyer49 I'm getting the same problems - after refreshing about 100 times, I'll get booted out of the system and have to start all over again.

The log-in/search process on the site is a crappy user experience even without this hassle. Morons must've designed the site.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.