ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Mid 1969 Stones by Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roseland in NY Return to archive
05-07-02 08:42 PM
luxury1 Who has experience at this venue? Do you have to get there days in advance to line up for a good spot on the floor? Is there alot of crushing up front? Any help, Maxy?
Thanks,
Luxy
05-07-02 08:56 PM
~AzQb

Never been there, but i'll let ya know aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll about the acoustics after September 30 ; )

~
05-07-02 09:54 PM
Maxlugar Saw Jeff Beck there last year. It's a big open space that everyone stands in. If you go take a piss you will never get back to you spot.

There are seats up on a second floor on each side though. Those are the ones you should save up for.

I will be there. And MSG and Giants stadium.

Clubby Lugar.
05-08-02 12:08 AM
FPM C10
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Who has experience at this venue? Do you have to get there days in advance to line up for a good spot on the floor? Is there alot of crushing up front? Any help, Maxy?
Thanks,
Luxy

I've seen three great shows there - the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, and Garbage. It's an old ballroom where Fred Astaire used to dance. The first time I was in there, I thought - "I GOTTA see the STONES in here!"

Maxy is right about losing your spot if you leave to pee.

As we discussed today at the Blimp Bash, that's what they make catheters for.

A splendid time WILL be had in that fabled venue, but one must work for it. Don't expect to get comfortable. After the Pistols I felt like I deserved combat pay, and I'd be disappointed if it was any less strenuous for the Stones.

Today Cardinal X and I drank a sacred oath, consecrated by frosty mid-day Guinness, that we WILL be at the Roseland gig.

See you there.
05-08-02 12:10 AM
glencar Hey FPM! It was nice seeing you guys today, albeit briefly. I'll definitely be at Roseland, MSG & (possibly) Giants Stadium.
05-08-02 08:32 AM
riccardo [quote]glencar wrote:
Hey FPM! It was nice seeing you guys today, albeit briefly. I'll definitely be at Roseland, MSG & (possibly) Giants Stadium.
Fred Astair,oh my God!
If only Charlie read this.Roseland Ballroom is a TEMPLE of Jazz,back in the 30s Chick Webb used to play there!!!!
05-08-02 09:30 PM
justinkurian Did Roseland have the presale, too?

And if they did, does anyone know how many Roseland tix were offered for the presale?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.