ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Mid 1969 Stones by Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Places To See The Stones (Asks a Fan New To The Stones on Tour) Return to archive
05-07-02 06:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Erm... hi guys.

I'm a Recent Exile, and haven't ever seen the Stones on Tour. I'm a huge fan of "Exile" and "Sticky Fingers" and "Bleed" (but aren't we all), didn't much care for "Black & Blue" or "Steel Wheels" (but I liked "Slipping Away", nice little Keith number). I don't think Ronnie Wood's a particularly good guitarist at all (doesn't hold a candle up to Taylor or Brahim Jones), but I think he's instrumental in keeping the band together and is a nice guy all around. "Stripped" kicked ass but Ronnie needs a better-sounding guitar. I'm still looking for "Bridges" but I like what I've heard off it.

The best song ever by the Stones (and it varies day to day for me): is "Rocks Off". I miss Nicky Hopkins and Ian Stuart, and, come to think of it, Bill Wyman. The Stones just don't sound complete without five guys, and Darryl Jones hasn't done anything special yet in terms of sound - either make him a full member or get the auditions out, sez I.

So I guess, with all that long preamble getting some idea as to what I think the Stones do best.... where should I go see them? I hear their theatre and club shows are drastically different from the stadiums where they play staples like "Jack Flash" as opposed to clubs where they play stuff like "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and more bluesy stuff. Is that true? What can I expect to hear from each?

Thanks. Nice site and board, by the way. Nice to know us younguns can get some good info.
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
05-08-02 10:37 AM
Tom It's hard to answer, please let us know where do you live? I think NYC is a good place to see the Stones
05-08-02 03:26 PM
Turner See them anyplace you can and I concur with a lot that you said.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.