ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto 24/9/05 Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 06:45 AM
Gazza Stones Rolling Into T.O.
May, 10 2005 - 4:00 AM

TORONTO - The Rolling Stones are set to return to Toronto with a September 24th concert at the Rogers Centre. The band will officially announce the show and its world tour today in New York City.
The Stones are expected to rehearse in Toronto this summer, as they did for previous world tours in 1994, 1997 and 2002, before launching the tour on August 21st in Boston. Large outdoor shows are rumoured to be planned for Moncton and Ottawa. There's also a new album in the works to coincide with the tour.

source :
http://www.640toronto.com/news/metro.cfm?cat=7428218912&rem=9081&red=80121823aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=metro.cfm
May 10th, 2005 07:27 AM
Mr Jimmy Thanks Gazza!

I've been waiting to hear about the show(s) in my city. At 7am local time it was on all the Toronto newscasts. Too bad it's at the Rogers Centre formerly known as Skydome. Good news is that there will be lots of tickets. I'm hoping for a smaller show at the Air Canada Centre and of course the traditional surprise gig at a small club during rehersals before they open the tour in Boston.
May 10th, 2005 07:29 AM
Gazza Oh thats the Skydome?

the name suggested to me it was an arena, so I was surprised to read that Toronto was getting just one arena show as I figured they could fill a couple of arena shows or a stadium there.

thanks for clarifying and I hope you get to the club show there
May 10th, 2005 10:54 AM
Lazy Bones I here ya, Mr. J on the sound at Rogers Centre. I found, however, the Licks show there in '02 hosted fairly good sound compared to other shows I've seen there.

Like always, though, location in the venue is a big factor.

I take it you'll get to a few rehearsals - presuming they rehearse in TO..?
May 10th, 2005 11:12 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I here ya, Mr. J on the sound at Rogers Centre. I found, however, the Licks show there in '02 hosted fairly good sound compared to other shows I've seen there.

Like always, though, location in the venue is a big factor.

I take it you'll get to a few rehearsals - presuming they rehearse in TO..?

At Sydome in '02 I had 11th row seats so the sound was great. But... even though I was only a 'stones' throw from the stage, they seemed so FAR away because of the ginormous stage. I'm hoping to attend the surprise gig like I did at RPM for the Voodoo Lounge Tour. In '02 I couldn't get into the Palais Royale so I hung out by the back entrance (stage) and I could hear them perfectly and I could catch the odd glimpse of them because the stage was so close to the open doors.

And yes... I hope the rehersals will offer a few golden opportunities!
May 10th, 2005 11:20 AM
Lazy Bones Q107 just said THE ROGERS CENTRE DATE may be 26 SEPTEMBER.

Obviously will be confirmed shortly...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour