ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: report from LINCOLN CENTER Return to archive
May 10th, 2005 12:27 AM
Saint Sway howdy Rocks Offers!

Sway here, its just around midnight, and I just got back from Lincoln Center.

The stage is up!!!

it was very dark and I took 2 crappy pics with my camera phone. If someone knows how to upload them here I will happily email them the pics.

heres how I would describe the scene:

the stage is set up to the left of the main entrance of Lincoln Center (if your standing in LC, facing the fountain in the square) on the 64th street side. You cant see it from the street. But you can definately see it from the inner square of Lincoln Center.

They have a small square area blocked off for the press. At the back of the press area is a grand stand. The stage is two parts. The first is the lower level, which is about 8 ft off the ground and as wide as a sidewalk. Directly behind that, about 12 ft up is a larger stage area, with a giant video monitor in the back and small stage and stage monitors lining the front of the stage. Above the stage hangs a wide, horizontal banner that reads: "ROLLING STONES LIVE 2005". They have lighting rigs set up above the grandstand projecting to the stage. And large, curved speakers hanging from the side of the stage. Each side of the stage has giant banneres which are currently folded and will be unfurled during the press conference. Elsewhere off to the sides are smaller banners with the traditional red tongue and a small "Ameriquest" sponsor tag.

I didnt see any live gear. But its early and they probably wont load that until morning. They had crew all around the area.

my guess is that the four Stones will come out on the front small stand and field questions and then return on the above stage to play.

I got chills the second I turned the corner in front of Lincoln Center and saw the stage and the tongue banners!!!! Cant wait till noon!!
May 10th, 2005 12:36 AM
sirmoonie Tx, Sway!
May 10th, 2005 12:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great, can't wait!!!
May 10th, 2005 01:34 AM
IanBillen
Very good Reporting!
I appreciate it. I am sure all here do.

Ian
May 10th, 2005 05:12 AM
charlotte Good work Sway!!!!!Thanks!
May 10th, 2005 05:34 AM
Monkeytonk-man Cheers dude for the info. I'm totally sportin' a woody right now!
May 10th, 2005 05:36 AM
gotdablouse Nice work !
I'm amazed that in this internet age they have been able to keep the name of the tour/album a secret, even on these banners "Rolling Stones Live 2005" !
May 10th, 2005 05:41 AM
Dutch Michael D. everybody is asleep right now in NYC right?
so no New News Yet? no new photos or stories ???
keep updating the Press Conference news...
i'm on the other side of the world but i still want to know how things are over there, the only thing we know at this moment is that the stage and the banners are ready...
we just have to sit and wait right?
May 10th, 2005 06:36 AM
Gazza

Some links to webcasts etc on this page

http://www.stonesnews.com

The tour sponsor will be AMERIQUEST

somewhat appropriate that it's a mortgage company as some of us might be needing re-mortgages in a year's time!
[Edited by Gazza]
May 10th, 2005 06:57 AM
Steel Wheels YEAH! All is right in the world! STONES 05!!!!!!
May 10th, 2005 08:28 AM
Mel Belli So, no longer at Juilliard? When did that change?
May 10th, 2005 08:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
So, no longer at Juilliard? When did that change?

it didnt. Juilliard School of Music is located at the Lincoln center
[Edited by Gazza]
May 10th, 2005 08:43 AM
Madafaka Thank you for the pic! Wooooooooow! S T O N E S !
May 10th, 2005 08:49 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

it didnt. Juilliard School of Music is located at the Lincoln center
[Edited by Gazza]

Shows you how much I know about Juilliard.
May 10th, 2005 08:58 AM
Gazza if its any consolation, I had to look it up too!
May 10th, 2005 09:52 AM
flexy633 Does the press conference start at noon in New York or 1 p.m.? I'm going to the live feed of the conference in Chicago and the radio station told us to be there at 11:15 (12:15 East Coast time). I don't want to miss anything!!!
May 10th, 2005 10:19 AM
Martha My VCR is ready to record but where the hell besides the internet will this air? I'm about ready to FAINT!!!!!
May 10th, 2005 10:24 AM
Gazza I sense a mass outbreak of erect nipples worldwide in the next few hours

Unfortunately I have to go out to football around the time it starts but my missus has been left instructions under threat of a potentially horrible death to check the news channels in case its being aired somewhere. I just hope to fuck that they dont put Beacon tickets on sale when I'm out for 4 hours.

No doubt rs.com will re-play it over and over or someone will upload a torrent of it
May 10th, 2005 10:26 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I sense a mass outbreak of erect nipples worldwide in the next few hours

Too late! Doesn't stop at nipples, either...
May 10th, 2005 10:34 AM
Martha My head is about to explode! Fook!
May 10th, 2005 10:39 AM
LadyJane I am about to jump out of my skin!

WHY did I drink coffee this a.m.???

If I still have a job by 4:30 EST today it will be a miracle!!

Props to my co-worker Sarah who is covering for me while I surf!!!

LJ.
May 10th, 2005 10:45 AM
KeepRigid
quote:
Gazza wrote:
http://www.stonesnews.com

Thanks for the link. Interesting baseball tongue logo!?

I just hope a big rock doesn't fall on me between now and 12:30.
May 10th, 2005 11:13 AM
FPM C10 Hey...my friggin' computer at work has no friggin' speakers, so if someone can post the gist of what's happening, it would be friggin' appreciated. Pardon my friggin' french.

Damn! LAST PC I was there and all I got to see was them flying by in a blimp, and the big news was yet another greatest hits compilation. NOW there's all kinds of crucial news going down and I'm sitting here deaf and blind!

Frig!
May 10th, 2005 11:15 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
My head is about to explode! Fook!

Mine too!

By the way, I don't know how I'm EVER going to be able to repay you for what was in the mail yesterday...

INCREDIBLE. A million thanks doesn't begin to cover it.
May 10th, 2005 12:25 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the stage pic.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour