ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FUCK! Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 9th, 2005 05:29 PM
Riffhard How pissed am I?! Well I'll tell ya I am very pissed! Why? Because my fucking PD at work has just informed me that I will NOT be attending the PC!!! Fucking fucker! I had the credentials all lined up,but according to my program director the station would be better served with me covering my normal shift. My station will be carrying the whole shebang via satellite so he felt that my presence was not overly important. I want to kill the motherfucker! I,at the very least,want to slash his tires! I have never been so bummed. Everything was a go. I already had the promotions department set to give me a ride. I had to engineer hook me up with a great minidisk recorder. I had a babysitter lined up so I could party in the city with many of you,and at the last fucking minute shithead pulls the rug out from under me!

He tried to console mme by telling me that he would arrnge a meet and greet session with the band for me when I go see them. I'll believe that shit when it happens! Fucking fucker!

Riffhard-FUCKED
May 9th, 2005 05:32 PM
Some Guy Dude, that sux! What would be a good station to listen to it in Atl?
shakedhandswithkeith shit happens
Bloozehound O' man he cornholed you good

he must be from nebraska
May 9th, 2005 05:34 PM
Some Guy clear channel sux!
May 9th, 2005 05:40 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
How pissed am I?! Well I'll tell ya I am very pissed! Why? Because my fucking PD at work has just informed me that I will NOT be attending the PC!!! Fucking fucker! I had the credentials all lined up,but according to my program director the station would be better served with me covering my normal shift. My station will be carrying the whole shebang via satellite so he felt that my presence was not overly important. I want to kill the motherfucker! I,at the very least,want to slash his tires! I have never been so bummed. Everything was a go. I already had the promotions department set to give me a ride. I had to engineer hook me up with a great minidisk recorder. I had a babysitter lined up so I could party in the city with many of you,and at the last fucking minute shithead pulls the rug out from under me!

He tried to console mme by telling me that he would arrnge a meet and greet session with the band for me when I go see them. I'll believe that shit when it happens! Fucking fucker!

Riffhard-FUCKED

I'm deeply sorry to hear that from you Riffy. I don't know what to say pal, anyway, nothing I could say would make you feel better. I'm sorry my friend.

On the first chance, resign, get a better job and smash the fucker's face......
May 9th, 2005 05:42 PM
kath oh dear riffy!!! what a fucking DRAG!!!! hell yes, i'd wanna kill him too!! imagine the many ways...slow and painful or quick and coldblooded...hmmmmmm

i would be so pissed were i you!! what a drag!! i am so sorry!!! how disappointing would that be?? my gawd........
May 9th, 2005 05:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
How pissed am I?! Well I'll tell ya I am very pissed! Why? Because my fucking PD at work has just informed me that I will NOT be attending the PC!!! Fucking fucker! I had the credentials all lined up,but according to my program director the station would be better served with me covering my normal shift. My station will be carrying the whole shebang via satellite so he felt that my presence was not overly important. I want to kill the motherfucker! I,at the very least,want to slash his tires! I have never been so bummed. Everything was a go. I already had the promotions department set to give me a ride. I had to engineer hook me up with a great minidisk recorder. I had a babysitter lined up so I could party in the city with many of you,and at the last fucking minute shithead pulls the rug out from under me!

Riffhard-FUCKED

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 9th, 2005 06:10 PM
glencar Sorry to hear this Riffy. I'm still on the fence about going & now it looks like it'll be pretty empty. Is anyone from here actually going?
May 9th, 2005 06:11 PM
Gazza gutted for you, Steve, mate

thats absolutely horrible to have your hopes built up like that and then dashed.

Despicable.
May 9th, 2005 06:20 PM
Riffhard Thanks for the consolation guys. It fully sucks,but such is life I guess. The guy knows how pumped up about it I was,and just basically shrugged it off as no big deal. That's when I really wanted to just belt the fucker right in his gob! I'm gonna go home and listen to Slide On This and crank up Knock Your Teeth Out at full volume!

Fuckedhard
May 9th, 2005 06:32 PM
parmeda Riffy, my heart is fucking bleeeeeeeeeeding for you!

I was so happy for you and all of the excitement you were able to touch so many of us with...don't worry, I still luv ya!

What a fucking jagoff! Send me this prick's e-mail at the office...I'll stir up some shit and make his life miserable for a few days.
May 9th, 2005 06:41 PM
mickey rourke I feel for you Riffy I really do
May 9th, 2005 06:44 PM
FPM C10 Oh man, that really does suck. For ALL of us, who were counting on living vicariously through you, and having a guy with the inside scoop - but mainly for you.

Well, you DID get to ask the first question last time - and sit next to Albert Maysles - how many of us can make THAT statement? No one but you!

You can tell your PD that I will NOT be listening to the RAT again because of his decision. Of course, the fact that I can't pick it up here in Bumfuck has a lot to do with that, but he doesn't need to know that.
May 9th, 2005 06:55 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Oh man, that really does suck. For ALL of us, who were counting on living vicariously through you, and having a guy with the inside scoop - but mainly for you.

Well, you DID get to ask the first question last time - and sit next to Albert Maysles - how many of us can make THAT statement? No one but you!

You can tell your PD that I will NOT be listening to the RAT again because of his decision. Of course, the fact that I can't pick it up here in Bumfuck has a lot to do with that, but he doesn't need to know that.

Thanks Flea! Yeah,I guess the whole first question and Maysles thing is pretty cool to have in my Stonsian history,but I mean WTF?! The bastard knew how excited I was,and even went so far as to tell me to get a babysitter. Then he just changed his mind at the last minute! All because he became aware that we could get the whole thing via sattelite! Bastard!

Oh,and by the way,I got the tape today as I was leaving the house for work! I will be veiwing it the second I get home! Thanks for that!

Fuckedhard
May 9th, 2005 07:22 PM
nankerphelge Just go anyway and if he fires you, start up WRIF radio, "where the Stonesin' never stops":

First question for the boys: "don't you hate asshole program directors?"
May 9th, 2005 07:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot O dear. THIS is what you get after all that corporate cocksucking? That is really rank dude....I swear the god, my skin turned to chicken when I read this.

And here I was all excited since I talked the wife into letting me drive up to the city tomorrow. But if you are not going.....then neither am I. I swear the god. I just stay home in protest.

Hey, I have a great idea. Why don't you come see the New York Dolls with me n Flea on Friday? There are still tix available...it's GA so you can hang with us all night at the show! We are gonna hit a nice place for food in Chinatown, and then rock and roll our asses off with David Jo & Co. C'mon. Just get the sitter for Friday! I know it's not the Stones...but the Dolls ain't shabby! AND you get to hang with two of the coolest cats in the history of Rolling Stones Internet Message Boards. How great is THAT? I'll tell you what....I'll even let YOU pick up the bar tab. No really, I swear the god, it would be my pleasure. So whaddayasay?
May 9th, 2005 07:53 PM
Madafaka Damn it!
May 9th, 2005 08:51 PM
scope Sucks Big Time Riffy. To build you up like that and drop this on you is total BS. Hmm, so who is still going?
May 9th, 2005 08:59 PM
Daethgod Hey Riffy

I work in radio as well and schlepped along to the 95 press conf here in Australia at the MCG

It was very very cool to be in the same room as my rocking heroes but at the same time very intimidating...

i have interviewed and hung out with Metallica, RHCP, KISS blah blah etc etc, but the Stones was just awesome..and heady

anyways i was in the 2nd row, centre, had the mic in my hand, when some F*RKnarker from some tryhard Brisbane radio station asked some dicky question about the boys being old and still getting chicks, the band fumed a bit, looked about and dropped some bum line on him and looked pained..

Me, i was thinking there is NO way i was going to ask a question next and risk getting ripped by my heroes, so i casually passed the mic on ... i may have been a pussy but i was no way going to be 'shattered' by the coolest band on the planet.

btw tell your PD hes a freaking knobhead !

May 9th, 2005 09:56 PM
MP Your boss must be a Macca fan......
May 9th, 2005 10:20 PM
corgi37 What a devastating blow. Man, i admire your calmness.

If it was me, i would be in holding cell right now.
May 9th, 2005 10:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What a devastating blow. Man, i admire your calmness.

If it was me, i would be in holding cell right now.

i am pissed as hell for you too riffy.....bullshit if you ask me, someone deserves a kick in the balls over this one!
May 9th, 2005 10:31 PM
HellsRollingThunder RIffy I am so sorry, you have every right to be enraged like that.
What kind of stupid boss would do that knowing you wanted to
go so badly? That is descipable and cruel. What a horse's butt
to work for! That is really a nasty thing to do someone who loves
the Stones so much like you do. I am so sorry to hear that.
May 9th, 2005 10:38 PM
HellsRollingThunder It is too bad you cannot use a little backhanded psychology and
convince him how it would totally benefit the station to have
someone there to talk to the world's greatest rock and roll band?
You know what to say, how to act, and everything. The majority
of the population are Baby Boomers like myself and the Stones
would definitely appeal to those viewers. I mean the Stones are
a legacy and if the station were to have someone there as a
representative it could be an historical event for them.

We could all email your station and ask that you be there?
This moron is throwing away an opportunity to witness a very
important event that may never come along again. It might be
really fantastic publicity for them, maybe? And we here at RO
know you can do it BETTER than anyone. Hmmmm.
May 9th, 2005 10:54 PM
Angiegirl Damn, that sucks man! So sorry for you!
May 10th, 2005 12:35 AM
Bitch SHIT! that's a really bad move on the station's part. Can I borrow your credentials? lol. I'm going to try and get in somehow, LIVE STONES! I thought I'd see you there, I was hoping to find you, & party with some fine folks here *100%Stoned!
May 10th, 2005 12:39 AM
sirmoonie I feel for Riffie, I really do. But these things happen when you sleep with you your bosses wife. Ultimately, he's going to have to come to terms with that and move on.
May 10th, 2005 04:38 AM
Gazza Post of the week!!!
May 10th, 2005 05:20 AM
FotiniD KILL, KILL, KILL

My God, Riffy, your PD is sure one stupid loser. I mean, HOW on earth do you refuse the possibility to have your station represented in a Rolling Stones press conference??? Not to mention this chance may not come again!!! HOWE STUPID?

I mean, I'd take off his nails one by one and make him sit through listening the whole of Britney's discography or something. The guy's a total moron.

Isn't there some way you can work it out? Try to convince him perhaps, as suggested, or whatever, call in sick and actually go to the PC? What a stupid loser, dear God.

Really sorry Riffy
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour