ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tomorrows performance?! Return to archive
May 9th, 2005 09:33 AM
marko Oh,well,i just took a peek at the dougs board,theres a pic
of the "stage" set up they are using in tomrrows press conference,rumour is,that some songs will be performed.
if it 2-3,,,,
they might be
tumbling dice
new song
start me up.
May 9th, 2005 09:38 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:

they might be
tumbling dice
new song
start me up.

Now that's the tricky part. Say, what if the new song is really, really good. Are we all going to get excited? Does it mean the new album is gonna be like this as well? And what if it's - God forbid - not that good? Dissapointment?

Oh, I can't wait either way
Less than 24h babies. It's finally here.
May 9th, 2005 09:46 AM
gimmekeef If they do perform live seems to me that they must do at least one new song....To do 3 warhorses would just set them up for ..."here they come again with the same old same old"...The thing is in advnace of album release will they introduce the new single and risk boot copies?....Should be interesting and hopefully exciting regardless!..Here we go!!!!
May 9th, 2005 09:54 AM
Gazza they're damned if they do, damned if they dont

Play a new song with two classics and that also gets the critics whining that the newer material is awful when measured against a great song, blah blah blah.

If theyre playing a new song live, it'll hardly have an adverse affect on record sales if people have pirate copies of a live performance of it.

After all, they played Dont Stop for weeks before it came out.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 9th, 2005 09:57 AM
marko if they play a new song/songs,they must have VERY GOOD ones
in their pockets.Its been so long since BTB,that,they MUST
know what we need.
May 9th, 2005 10:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:
if they play a new song/songs,they must have VERY GOOD ones
in their pockets.Its been so long since BTB,that,they MUST
know what we need.

Well, I've been thinking about that. They did have a lot of time in their hands, what, with eight years now, to come out with new material that is really good and really interesting.

But what I wonder is, have they actually been working at all during these past eight years? I mean, they've only really gotten together these past few months. Unless we don't know all the details of course. But is the album going to be a seven years' fruit of work? I doubt it.

Anyway, right now this thought doesn't bother me at all. The excitement's bigger Let's enjoy this now and we have all the time in the world to speculate and nag tomorrow afternoon
[Edited by FotiniD]
May 9th, 2005 10:13 AM
marko Indeed,nagging starts when tickets are on sale......and when we see the 1st set list.
May 9th, 2005 10:48 AM
Saint Sway can someone post a pic of the stage?

my guess is that the actual press conference will take place inside at Juliard for the press corps and then the live performance will be outside for the public on the steps of Lincoln Center. Similiar to when Springsteen performed there at the MTV Music Awards a few yrs ago.

whats your thoughts on my theory? yay or nay?
May 9th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza yay!
May 9th, 2005 11:40 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I wouldnt be suprised if the stones completely ban any sound recording of the songs they do. I reckon they will perform the songs in one area and answer qestions in a smaller area. The press will probably be asked to leave the sound gear outside.
A band as greedy as the stones will not want any bootlegs flying around at this early stage.

If Im wrong then fair enough. But I really can see the stones doing something like that.
May 9th, 2005 11:42 AM
Moonisup my sources tell me, that keith will do a ten minute version of losing my touch
May 9th, 2005 12:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I wouldnt be suprised if the stones completely ban any sound recording of the songs they do. I reckon they will perform the songs in one area and answer qestions in a smaller area. The press will probably be asked to leave the sound gear outside.

did you hit your head on something???

even bands that are far less press savvy than the Stones know that if you want footage from your press conference to be aired on various news reports, than you need to allow the press to record the footage

wtf is the point of holding a press conference if the press cant record??!??!?

I dont think there is a single band that is stupid enough to hold a press conference with the stipulation that all sound gear be left outside

the press will record this. And it will be aired EVERYWHERE!
May 9th, 2005 12:27 PM
J.J.Flash The new song will be the their brand new cut on "Traveling Man", which unfortunately never came to light.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 9th, 2005 12:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
The new song will be the their brand new cut on "Traveling Man", which unfortunately never came to light.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]

OMG I WISH!!!

its so not cool to tease us like that - its bad enough I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonite in anticipation of going tomorrow!
May 9th, 2005 10:33 PM
corgi37 How freaky! I "acquired" Travelling Man last night!
May 10th, 2005 12:24 AM
Bitch No matter what they do, it will be fantastic. I hope they play outside, I'll be there, hoping for a thrill from the greatest band in the world. Oh yeah.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour