ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Just Found Out Who`s Next ( Classic Albums DVD Serie ) Return to archive
May 8th, 2005 11:41 PM
Bruno Stone Yesterday me and a friend watched this DVD from Classic Album serie, Who`s Next...

Fuck, I knew a couple of songs from them, but now...

It was fantastic see all those footages from the 70s, especially Baba O Riley in a small stage somewhere ( you must know this footage i`m talking about ).

We got totally in awe watching Pete Townshend working a syntetizer, getting the sound to Won`t Get Fooled Again.

And Entwhistle playing fucinkg good lines to Baba o Riley, hearing the original record in the background...

And they laughing hearing Moon in the tapes destroying the drumms without miss any beat... laughing and thinking `` What a fucking great drummer ``

It was amazing watch this DVD.
May 9th, 2005 09:01 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Haven't seen the DVD, but the "Baba O'Riley" footage is probably the Shepperton '78 concert, staged and filmed for THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT.
May 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
corgi37 Yeah, i've seen it. Great little doco. Baba O'Reilly is indeed from the Shepparton Studios in 78 (Moon's last live performance).

The story behind Who's Next is superb. When Towsehend explains his vision (as best as he can anyway) you realise what visionary he was. It was also amazing to see that Pete PLAYED that WGFA intro, it wasnt a loop! Many people credited him with almost inventing all that shit.

I adored the break-down of the songs, particualarly Bargain. Man, what an amazing drummer! We all know that, but sheesh, simply breathtaking.

I wish they would do a similar thing on Exile.
May 9th, 2005 11:29 PM
sirmoonie That Classic Album - Who's Next is a great DVD to have. Some footage in there I had never seen.

The Kids Are Alright DVD has another fantastic extra from the Shepperton Studios Baba/Fooled combo - isolated track of Entwistle (you can barely hear some backing synth). Check it out, he really was incredible, best I've ever seen or heard by far. Some of is just straight bass rhythm playing, then suddenly he's all over the instrument with all ten fingers getting all kinds of riffs and licks out of it. And he barely breaks a sweat, its astounding to watch.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour