ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Ticket $$ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 6th, 2005 02:41 AM
FotiniD Being told to sit down??? What is it, the sixties? Really weird.

I don't know if things were different alltogether back in '98 or it's a case of promoters etc. in each country, but when they played Athens field tickets were all one price - which was lower than the one you paid in order to sit (stadium show) - and there was no "Front row", "golden circle" ticket or whatever. First come, first serve basis.

I hope it doesn't change this time around
All in all I think when it comes to tickets / sitting or standing etc. things are much more relaxed in Europe. I don't understand why it would have to be so different in the States.
May 6th, 2005 04:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge With regards to Gazza's earlier comment about the price of the tickets.
Im wouldnt know how much the tickets were for the No Security tour. However I went to see the licks shows at Stade de France (£40)
Twickenham (£60)
and Olympia Paris (£60)
Nowhere near the £150 you stated. If the tickets had been that expensive, then I wouldnt have gone. Just as I wont go if they plan on having them that expensive for this upcomming tour.
May 6th, 2005 12:19 PM
glencar I actually prefer the Euro way of "first come, first rows." The real fans get to get up front & enjoy the show.
May 6th, 2005 12:24 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
I actually prefer the Euro way of "first come, first rows." The real fans get to get up front & enjoy the show.

Here is the same in the floor section. Most of people was at River Plate Stadium a night before of their concerts here.
May 6th, 2005 12:35 PM
GimmeExile Screw the seats! They should make the entire floor GA like Bruce and U2 and not have to worry about the lazy asses who demand that everyone else sit. It would bring more energy, too.
May 6th, 2005 01:39 PM
glencar Gimme, I think we're all in agreeance on that!
May 6th, 2005 02:44 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I actually prefer the Euro way of "first come, first rows." The real fans get to get up front & enjoy the show.

Thats why better recordings tend to come out of Europe, the taper can stand where the sound is best or get away from noisy people.
May 6th, 2005 02:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Thats why better recordings tend to come out of Europe, the taper can stand where the sound is best or get away from noisy people.

In the US, first come first serve in large arenas or stadiums would result in violence and crime. The disenchanted youth (except for me of course) cannot handle this type of responsibility (see the last Woodstock).

I will pay what is asked as I have prepared financially for this tour.
May 6th, 2005 03:11 PM
Dan I have been to a few GA shows. There are more and more GA shows in the US these days, they tend to be managed a bit better, with wristbands for pit areas etc. Its definitely do-able like Springsteen or U2 have proved, but you cant really sell tickets for $350 for people to stand on the floor.
May 6th, 2005 03:14 PM
glencar GA is best. Those of us who care get up close.
May 6th, 2005 03:18 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
GA is best. Those of us who care get up close.

Those of us who have bought Front Of Stage tickets and care to wait all day and run like hell get up close in case of stadiums, ie there's no true GA in stadiums with plain floor (field)-tickets anymore. The only true GA were clubs and arenas (floor tickets GA I mean) last tour in Europe.
May 6th, 2005 03:31 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
[...]

I will pay what is asked as I have prepared financially for this tour.

Say it ain't so Joshish!
May 6th, 2005 03:34 PM
J.J.Flash My greek goddess.....

Thank for this ==> First come, first serve basis.

That's what poor Jay's has been moaning all the time.....
May 6th, 2005 03:36 PM
J.J.Flash And Puggy....

no violence and crime at all.....

Don't worry....Jay this time will stand by your side all the time....

"Hold my hand Ronnie"
May 6th, 2005 04:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
And Puggy....

no violence and crime at all.....

Don't worry....Jay this time will stand by your side all the time....

"Hold my hand Ronnie"

divided we fall, together we stand!
May 6th, 2005 04:23 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

divided we fall, together we stand!

"United united united we stand
united we never shall fall"

From Judas Priest' masterpiece, British Steel
May 6th, 2005 04:31 PM
glencar Howe gay!
May 6th, 2005 05:53 PM
DetroitMike hey guys i've been lurking on here and reading posts for about 5 years and this is the first time I have decided to post because I feel I have to respond to those who are doubting the ticket prices. I am the source who posted the Soldier Field prices on Shidoobee. I work at a major US Arena and I have a good friend who works at one of Ticketmaster's regional offices in the midwest. I got these prices directly from him for the Soldier Field show earlier this week. Listen, like everyone else i'm hoping that these are wrong but I seriously doubt it.

also I just wanted to let you guys know that I love reading this board more than any other Stones board. Number one reason is all the making fun of Chuck...it's hilarious. Not to mention all the drinking/smoking threads....anyways it feels good to finally post here after reading everything for so long...speaking of smoking.................
[Edited by DetroitMike]
May 6th, 2005 06:02 PM
glencar This is better than the Soviet-style of some other boards! The only reason I questioned your assertion was because on shidobe you just had one post. Others have posted things with nothing to back it up (i.e. Tour was supposed to start in Feb. at the Philly Trocadero) and the mindless over there just bought into it. No offense was intended. Welcome aboard!
May 6th, 2005 06:18 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
DetroitMike wrote:
[...]

also I just wanted to let you guys know that I love reading this board more than any other Stones board. Number one reason is all the making fun of Chuck...it's hilarious. Not to mention all the drinking/smoking threads....anyways it feels good to finally post here after reading everything for so long...speaking of smoking.................
[Edited by DetroitMike]

Tell 'em that Jay is your fave thing.....clever sense of humor....
May 6th, 2005 06:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot >the fact that they're greedy bastards who dont live in the real world<

Gazza brings up something interesting here because I also think that this is why they are writing weaker songs.

I have grown to really really hate great big shows. Even if you are in the front row, you are still pretty far away from the stage. And there are just so many people that everything is a hassle. I have a few cool clubs that I go to where you can not only stand about 6 inches from the performers, but you can drink with them and take pictures and stuff. Like, I saw Ian McLagan at a place that holds maybe 150 people tops. I know the Stones will never play these clubs, but plenty of really great bands do play at them. It's really spoiled me.

Funny about the "sit down" thing. No one has ever said that to me. But then again, I'm kinda big and scarey looking...I guess they just think better of it.

If the Stones hit my schedule right, I'll get to a show. No stadiums though...I'm done with stadium shows. And if the dates don't hit my schedule right...oh well, I'll sit this tour out. I can live with that.
May 6th, 2005 10:41 PM
Bitch Last tour I paid $350 for decent seats in NY. I'm hoping to pay about that amount again, but I'll pay up to $500 for good seats. Make sure the credit cards are paid up = need to charge at least 4 tickets = $2000.
May 7th, 2005 02:52 AM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>the fact that they're greedy bastards who dont live in the real world<

Gazza brings up something interesting here because I also think that this is why they are writing weaker songs.

I have grown to really really hate great big shows. Even if you are in the front row, you are still pretty far away from the stage. And there are just so many people that everything is a hassle. I have a few cool clubs that I go to where you can not only stand about 6 inches from the performers, but you can drink with them and take pictures and stuff. Like, I saw Ian McLagan at a place that holds maybe 150 people tops. I know the Stones will never play these clubs, but plenty of really great bands do play at them. It's really spoiled me.

Funny about the "sit down" thing. No one has ever said that to me. But then again, I'm kinda big and scarey looking...I guess they just think better of it.

If the Stones hit my schedule right, I'll get to a show. No stadiums though...I'm done with stadium shows. And if the dates don't hit my schedule right...oh well, I'll sit this tour out. I can live with that.

I can live with it too. I never thought I'd feel that way but this is finally true. I think the 8 years between releases has hurt my love for the band.
May 7th, 2005 06:45 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
[..]

Well, in my case I couldn't live without stadiums this time.....
May 8th, 2005 08:19 PM
glencar As discussed elsewhere, Jay Jay, your stadiums are different from ours. I would look forward to a stadium show don there or even in Europe. Here, there's assigned seating & it's become old hat by now.
May 9th, 2005 07:06 PM
mac_daddy yikes!
May 9th, 2005 07:10 PM
mac_daddy and another thing...

the fix is in - how does this broker know what seats he/she will have to offer..?
May 9th, 2005 07:21 PM
Dan
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
and another thing...

the fix is in - how does this broker know what seats he/she will have to offer..?

My guess is either they are out of someone's season ticket allottment (season ticket holders tend to get first dibs for concerts too) or a connection at the venue.

I bet the Ticketmaster price for Hollywood Bowl goes higher than that - I am guessing $1000 tops.
May 9th, 2005 07:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Dan wrote:

My guess is either they are out of someone's season ticket allottment (season ticket holders tend to get first dibs for concerts too) or a connection at the venue.

I bet the Ticketmaster price for Hollywood Bowl goes higher than that - I am guessing $1000 tops.

do box holders get first dibs on the bowl tix, too..?

May 9th, 2005 09:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mac Daddy...for SB tix this year Eagles season holders got to be in a lottery. It cost them something like $25.00 to enter the lottery, and if you got drawn you could buy as many SB tix as you had season tix. And you got to buy them at $75.00 face value! Not a shabby deal.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour