ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Ticket $$ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 5th, 2005 11:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I think you all have very valid points, but the fact remains that people always have paid lots to see the stones and we all know that they will sell out everywhere on their next tour. Its just going to happen.
People want to see the stones. They always will, so the tickets will be pricey.
I cant understand why somebody who has seen the stones loads of times before is complaining about the prices of tickets. Ever since steel wheels the tickets have been far more expensive than those of other bands at the time.
And ID bet that all of the people complaining about the prices will go and see them at some stage of the next tour.

youre probably right on the last point, although I'll certainly be more choosy about what shows I go to in 2005/2006.

However, the Stones havent always been FAR more expensive than everyone else. Up to 1998, it was in the same ballpark. Since then, they havent even been on the same planet.

Tickets have been far easier to get with each succeeding tour since 1989, not only due to the sky high prices since '98-'99 but due to familiarity. They've toured so often in the last decade that practically everyone who has had the chance to see them has done so.

As for complaining about ticket prices having seen them several times before... a simple reason:

1999 UK tour - £40 for a ticket for a stadium show
2003 Licks tour - £150.

Inflation under Labour isnt THAT bad!

(Springsteen stadium show, same summer 2003. £50. Another big name act. So it can be done at a reasonable price. Plus he plays twice as long)

Its an argument we've had on here for many years, but I dont care who they are. Nothing excuses or justifies that, in my book. As a top name act, paying a bit more is justifiable. Not 3 times as much, though. Especially when they'll NEVER see the money should they live until theyre 500
May 5th, 2005 11:08 AM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:

youre probably right on the last point, although I'll certainly be more choosy about what shows I go to in 2005/2006. "

http://www.omahameca.com/

May 5th, 2005 11:12 AM
charlotte remember, I am a old gazza, I mean geezer, I have seen them 21 times (not many to some on this board) but that's been since 1972...
May 5th, 2005 11:14 AM
Dan This year I want to actually enjoy my summer, not spend every waking moment working so I can afford to go more shows. Also might be taking my first real vacation in over 5 years. Not sure if I would want to sacrifice all that just to see the Stones a few more times. Anymore, concerts, regardless of who are they are, are just not that exciting anymore. I went to 60 last year and only 4 so far this year, at this point I get just as much satisfaction from watching them on DVD in my living room (where the beer is cheaper!) then having to hassle the crowd, tickets etc.

Also, not to mention, I am not rich and not really even the Stones target audience.

Remember, they don't really care about the die hard fans and they never really had any reason to be particularly "fan friendly."
May 5th, 2005 11:15 AM
glencar I saw Aerosmitha year ago & it was the same thing with shouts of "Sit down! Sit down!" Americans are very bossy sometimes.

As for ticket prices, we'll see what they really are next week. I won't be going to as many shows as on prior tours just because of other commitments but it's nice to see some different cities being played.
May 5th, 2005 11:19 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw Aerosmitha year ago & it was the same thing with shouts of "Sit down! Sit down!" Americans are very bossy sometimes.

As for ticket prices, we'll see what they really are next week. I won't be going to as many shows as on prior tours just because of other commitments but it's nice to see some different cities being played.

So are you saying that yankees would rather watch a Rock'n'Roll show in a seat?
May 5th, 2005 11:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Americans are very bossy sometimes.

Never!
May 5th, 2005 11:22 AM
Joey [quote]Dan wrote:
. Anymore, concerts, regardless of who are they are, are just not that exciting anymore. I went to 60 last year and only 4 so far this year, at this point I get just as much satisfaction from watching them on DVD in my living room (where the beer is cheaper!) then having to hassle the crowd, tickets etc. "

You make Joey very sad
May 5th, 2005 11:25 AM
glencar
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

So are you saying that yankees would rather watch a Rock'n'Roll show in a seat?

I wouldn't but many would. It's horrible up here, Jay Jay. Rio or Sao Paulo sounds better all the time.
May 5th, 2005 11:51 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nothing excuses or justifies that, in my book. As a top name act, paying a bit more is justifiable. Not 3 times as much, though. Especially when they'll NEVER see the money should they live until theyre 500

Bingo!

I blame The Eagles for this...
May 5th, 2005 04:34 PM
69 Chevy I bitch about ticket prices every tour, but I haven't missed one in 27 years! I have been using the "This could be the farewell tour" justification since 1978.

I passed on U2 and McCartney, but I won't pass on the Stones. Besides "This could be the farewell tour"!
May 5th, 2005 04:44 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wouldn't but many would. It's horrible up here, Jay Jay. Rio or Sao Paulo sounds better all the time.

I don't wanna see you in a seat, Glen! Where's the energy? You MUST see them down here

South America is waiting for Stones and Stones fans to show how enjoy a concert!
[Edited by Madafaka]
May 5th, 2005 04:49 PM
glencar mada, I was FORCED into sitting down in Hartford in 1999. Made me sick. Some gal witha midwestern twang threatened to call security if I didn't sit down. As I was taping the show, I complied. It's gotten worse since then.
May 5th, 2005 05:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I don't wanna see you in a seat, Glen! Where's the energy? You MUST see them down here

South America is waiting for Stones and Stones fans to show how enjoy a concert!

I have this 30 minutes documentary on video of the Stones in South America in '95, it's wonderful! Swinging their t-shirts above their heads, singing, getting along. I wish I was born earlier
May 5th, 2005 05:03 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
mada, I was FORCED into sitting down in Hartford in 1999. Made me sick. Some gal witha midwestern twang threatened to call security if I didn't sit down. As I was taping the show, I complied. It's gotten worse since then.

I will never understand that kind of people. Here, that one could be an attitude of an old person... Generally, during a soccer game in the most expensive row into the stadium.
May 5th, 2005 05:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I have this 30 minutes documentary on video of the Stones in South America in '95, it's wonderful! Swinging their t-shirts above their heads, singing, getting along. I wish I was born earlier

Yeah Angie, when Stones are in Buenos Aires, is an awesome week. Everybody has Rock & Roll fever!
Do you have some dvd from Buenos Aires? You can breath the power! Hahaha!
May 5th, 2005 05:31 PM
egon i guess it's time to sell the house, car & girlfriend
and start putting in extra hours.
May 5th, 2005 05:47 PM
glencar It's time to tap my savings pile...
May 5th, 2005 05:50 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's time to tap my savings pile...

Never say " tap " and then " pile " to the Joey !

NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION **************
May 5th, 2005 05:53 PM
glencar Why not? Green is the color of both!
May 5th, 2005 05:55 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why not? Green is the color of both!

You make Joey sniggle !!!!

Bye Bye Everyone .......................got tomorrow off work .

See ya Monday !

Bye Bye ... Bye Bons .

The Joey , Established 1999
May 5th, 2005 05:59 PM
glencar Too bad you can't "log on" at home! Enjoy your cornhuskering this weekend! See ya at maxlugar.com!
May 5th, 2005 06:14 PM
Stray Cat UK What happened after the 1999 european shows with prices.

I travelled to the Hauge from northern England,Stayed in a top hotel,visited Amsterdam,saw a Stones show and ALL for £145. !!! - 1998.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS !

Best chance for cheaper tickets with good atmosphere is if they have general admission at some European stadiums.

Maybe bring back the golen circle for early arrivals,like Wembley 99 - best bloody £40 ever spent !!

I doubt they will though

sc uk
May 5th, 2005 07:11 PM
glencar Yes, I was there too. It was worth spending the few hours waiting around to be so close.
May 5th, 2005 07:54 PM
Daethgod one of the shows i saw here in OZ on Licks had me and my crew in seats right above the B Stage.

The band ripped into Brown Suger and we were on our feet in seconds getting jiggy.
Then the howls of "sit down", 'we are trying to watch the show .." etc.

I spun around and said something like " Dude, its the freaking Rolling Stones, they are like 10 feet away, get INTO it .."

they still moaned about "sitting down" etc.. so we sat down..

Moments later Mick signalled for everyone to get up and like lemmings the crowd all stood up !

WTF !

why do the iriots have to wait till Mick tells em to stand .. just GET UP AND GET INTO IT !!

me i want floor seats to ALL shows this tour.. otherwise its like being in a freakin cinema

May 5th, 2005 08:11 PM
corgi37 Well, i am a prisoner of location. I havent seen them 30+ times. I've only seen them twice. I paid $350.00 Aussie for 8th row floor seats. To get the same, i would pay whatever they wanted.
May 5th, 2005 08:14 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
mada, I was FORCED into sitting down in Hartford in 1999. Made me sick. Some gal witha midwestern twang threatened to call security if I didn't sit down. As I was taping the show, I complied. It's gotten worse since then.

...ahem, did I read this correctly?

You did, WHAT?

glenny...you've GOT to come to Chicago!
That bitch would have been tossed right into Lake Michigan before another "tsk!" came out of her mouth! I LIVE for shit like that at a show, lol...ANY show! You've got to be able to 'work the room', babe...
May 5th, 2005 09:11 PM
Dan Face it folks, its no longer really a rock n roll show any more.
May 5th, 2005 10:24 PM
Soldatti How much will cost tickets in Argentina?
1 dollar - 3 pesos here.

I can't imagine tickets at 300-500 pesos (100-165 dollars) really.
May 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
glencar
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...ahem, did I read this correctly?

You did, WHAT?

glenny...you've GOT to come to Chicago!
That bitch would have been tossed right into Lake Michigan before another "tsk!" came out of her mouth! I LIVE for shit like that at a show, lol...ANY show! You've got to be able to 'work the room', babe...

Parmie, since I was taping, I didn't want any shit from security. Ironically, it was the No Security show! I did curse the sow out but that was nothing special. Chicago? Hmmm...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour